• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android recently got a PS2 emulator that can run majority of games full speed at higher res

KAL2006

Banned
This is big news for the android emulation scene. The minimum specs is a high end chip from 2018. Snapdragon 845, many people have phones that are Snapdragon 845 and above. You can grab a Poco X3 Pro in the UK for £170 which comes with a Snapdragon 860 and expandable SD card slot which could easily run many games full speed. Remember this emulator just came out and will keep improving but this has been a massive breakthrough like we just hit the golden era of emulation for Android. After all PS2 gas many classic retro games and for many only PS1 and SNES can rival it's library of games. We have full speed DS and PSP emulators but for me PS2 is huge deal.

Here is a video of PS2 emulation

ParaSeoul

Also decent emulation for everything up to ps2/gamecube and even switch has a decent emulator.

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I have a Snapdragon 720g in my phone looks like its finally time for me to upgrade!

Rickyiez

Simple solution for the controls really.

xbox-one-phone-mount-1.jpg

Easy to pair, easy to mount

old-parts

Demos on various Android handhelds

Setup guide

Very impressive emulator, great to finally see some competition and not just stuck with PCSX2.

spons

Gold Member
Very impressive emulator, great to finally see some competition and not just stuck with PCSX2.
This basically is just PCSX2, most of the code is from that project. I assume they've added an ARM JIT compiler to make this Android port. Which is not easy, but the same bugs that PCSX2 has are present in this emulator.

Neo_GAF

Banned
I tried it out on an Xiaomi MI9 and what the fuck is wrong with bluetooth???
ps3 controller, ps4 controller, xbox controller= all of them have lag.

Top Bottom