• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

And today in "reboots nobody asked for": The Raid, this time by Michael Bay

NahaNago

Just no on this one. It just doesn't fit his style of movie.

This does have me thinking why the west hasn't started rebooting the old Jackie Chan or Jet Li movies. A new modern black mask movie sounds interesting. Then again maybe Korean versions of Jackie movies would probably work better.

T8SC

IwWxD0i.gif

thief183

What is the problem with Hollywood remaking all these movies? Why is this happening? (kinda serious question)

After I've see Utopia remade in the US I think I'm gonna skip this even if the raid is the best action movie ever.

Hardensoul

The remake that came out three days after the original. Honestly I wish those two movies had been released further apart. I feel the The Raid overshadowed Dredd a little bit.
The Raid came out September 9, 2011. Judge Dredd came out September 21, 2012. A full year difference.

The Raid had a stagger world wide release starting in March to August 2012.

Spaceman292

Banned
The Raid came out September 9, 2011. Judge Dredd came out September 21, 2012. A full year difference.

The Raid had a stagger world wide release starting in March to August 2012.
Right so the releases were very close in most parts of the world, except for Indonesia I guess. I just remember a lot of reviewers comparing them .and preferring the Raid.

Hardensoul

Right so the releases were very close in most parts of the world, except for Indonesia I guess. I just remember a lot of reviewers comparing them .and preferring the Raid.
Actually, the September 9, 2011 was The debut at the Toronto International Film Festival under a different name. The name change to The Raid later for its World Wide release.

MastaKiiLA

tracy morgan no GIF

The Raid was an action masterpiece. I mean, it punched way way way above its budget. It hit heights that Michael Bay couldn't dream of in his wildest $100M wet dream. I got nothing against Michael Bay. He's made some of my favorite movies (also some of my most-hated), and I co-sign to Bayhem most days of the week. However, you don't reboot a classic. It NEVER ends well.

Also, 2 things that made The Raid so incredible for me were the action choreography, and the stunt team. That Indonesian team headed up by Iko Uwais is the fucking truth. The fight choreography and camera work are both things that are not likely to be replicated by Michael Bay. Bayhem exists for a reason. The man does his own thing, and it works for him. But we don't need The Raid redone with less melee fighting and more crazy explosions. That's no longer The Raid. Just call it something else. Michael Bay's name is enough to push a film. Leave The Raid's legacy intact.

Remember these cunts won't stop there.

Just wait until Ridley Scott pops it.

Within days Disney will announce an ALIEN reboot.

Few years later some cunt will think they can out-do James Cameron and it will be ALIENS.

Then back to the future. Black Marty, DeLoren'ing into the cotton fields. "God DYYAAMMMM Doc, you motherfucking cracka ancestors owned slaves?"

Last edited:
Top Bottom