• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ancient Japanese ‘killing stone’ said to contain evil demon has cracked open

killing-stone-69-copy.jpg

As if the world doesn’t have enough problems, people are now worried that an evil demon locked in a rock for almost 1,000 years is on the loose.

The so-called ‘killing stone’ that kept the malevolent spirit imprisoned all this time has split in two, sending believers into a state of panic.

Japanese legend has it that anyone who comes into contact with the rock will die.

According to mythology, the volanic rock – officially called Sessho-seki – is home to Tamomo-No-Mae, aka the Nine-Tailed Fox.

HandmadeDarkAmericanratsnake-size_restricted.gif

The demon apparently took the form of a beautiful woman, who was part of a plot to kill Emperor Toba, ruler of Japan from 1107 to 1123.

Located in the mountainous northern region of Tochigi, near Tokyo, the rock is something of a tourist hotspot – but now visitors are fearful.

Some speculate that the evil spirit may have even been resurrected to wreck havoc once more.

“I feel like I’ve seen something that shouldn’t be seen,” one visitor said on Twitter.

Others have commented, saying: “Here I thought 2022 couldn’t get worse.

“Now a furious Japanese spirit is freed from its ‘killing stone’.”

But another joked: “My guess is the demon is going to look around at 2022 and want to go back into the rock for another millennium.”

Local reports suggest the rock actually started cracking a couple of years ago.

It’s thought rainwater may have got inside causing the damage.

Officials are now mulling over what to do with the rock’s remains and could attempt to restore it.

AlphaMale

So instead of locking this demon rock away in a safe place, it's just sitting out in the open to be cracked and let loose a killer demon??

Dio Brandon broke the WORLDU STONE and now his stand NOTORIOUS CANCELU CULTURE is upon us. The true Jojolion is upon us!

Mobilemofo

The demon took the form of a local salford girl who wears velor tracksuits and has hair like vicky pollard.

Well played demon, well played.

RAÏSanÏa

The 946 eruption of Paektu Mountain in Korea and China, also known as the Millennium Eruption or Tianchi eruption, was one of the most powerful volcanic eruptions in recorded history and is classified as a VEI 6 event.

It isn't only North Korea's insularity that makes Mount Paektu an enigma. The geological forces that created it are elusive, even to the scientists who study it. Most volcanoes tend to spring up where tectonic plates collide, pushing hot rock and magma toward the surface of the Earth. But Mount Paektu is parked pretty far from the edge of the Amur plate.
Instead, the volcano may be caused by a hot spot in the mantle — the thick layer of hot rock that churns below the Earth's crust.
Or it could have been formed by forces that aren't understood yet.

Top Bottom