• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Analyst predicts PS5 price increase ‘will have minimal impact on sales’

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I think they will be ok for now, revisit in 6-12 months the outlook might change. I understand it for now.

reksveks

Not sure about this applying to console hardware but we really probably are going to see how resistant Gaming is to macro economics trends. I think SW will be more impacted.

HsaE6Pn.jpg

Source: https://data.oecd.org/leadind/consumer-confidence-index-cci.htm

UK specific one before the energy price cap announcements: https://www.gfk.com/en-gb/press/uk-consumer-confidence-hits-new-record-low-in-august-2022

I know the argument that gaming is the best value form of entertainment, it will be interesting to see if that's enough to keep it away from declining.

Kagey K

Banned
Not sure about this applying to console hardware but we really probably are going to see how resistant Gaming is to macro economics trends. I think SW will be more impacted.

HsaE6Pn.jpg

Source: https://data.oecd.org/leadind/consumer-confidence-index-cci.htm

UK specific one before the energy price cap announcements: https://www.gfk.com/en-gb/press/uk-consumer-confidence-hits-new-record-low-in-august-2022

I know the argument that gaming is the best value form of entertainment, it will be interesting to see if that's enough to keep it away from declining.
I really think this is where services like PS Extra and Gamepass pick up the slack.

People will still be able to play games with friends and it won't impact the budget as it's a set cost no matter how many or few games they are interested in that month.

Last edited:

op22

A system sold out for two years except on ebay (for 4x retail price minimum during Christmas) will be unaffected by a $50 increase before the holiday season? Wow. What a revelation. How do I get a job making six figures for doing nothing/analyzing video game industry trends is the real question.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
A system sold out for two years except on ebay (for 4x retail price minimum during Christmas) will be unaffected by a $50 increase before the holiday season? Wow. What a revelation. How do I get a job making six figures for doing nothing or analyzing video game industry trends is the real question.
Probably start with a degree in business and analysis and work your way into the industry from there.

Maybe one day you can tell the poor they can afford it while trying to buy your second yacht.

Or just get a degree in communications and go on Twitter.

Last edited:
So many apologists in this thread. This is the reason we will always get cucked as gamers (even though $50 is nothing, this will only help them validate their already oversized egos and wallets). Someone even called this a "luxury item" when the competitor has a better overall ecosystem and cost basis at the moment. Good luck to all of you paying $699 for the next Sony Console.
The competitor does not have GAMES that exist only in his platform that are diverse and different genres for the last couple years. When they have games ( which they will) then the competitor will have better ecosystem but even then do you expect Sony to stop releasing games also? Sorry but only rapid fans care about the ecosystems, everyone else press the start button and playing the game of their choice without thinking much how beautiful is the UI or if the ecosystem is better that the others.

op22

Probably start with a degree in business and analysis and work your way into the industry from there.

Maybe one day you can tell the poor they can afford it while trying to buy your second yacht.

Or just get a degree in communications and go on Twitter.
I would tell the poor to get a dad who owns a Gamestop or two who was told to buy Gamestops by a grandfather who owns a share or two of BlackRock.

TheTony316

Demand is very high and the console has been selling for scalper prices since launch. A 30-50€ price increase won't really stop people from buying one.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Demand is very high and the console has been selling for scapler prices since launch. A 30-50€ price increase won't really stop people from buying one.
Have you seen how long stock is sticking around now?

Very soon the could be available on store shelves all the time.

No Way Reaction GIF by Laff

That will be ficking terrible and proof nobody wan5s them.

Top Bottom