• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amy Hennig brings in Star Wars Project Ragtag co-writer for a new "AAA story-driven action-adventure game" built on the Unreal Engine

SSfox

She's got a proven record of great work. That's not overrated. That's people looking at multiple great, completed projects.

Legacy_Of_Kain-_Soul_Reaver_Cover.jpg
Oh yeah forgot about this one.

I've seen some of her interviews and stream, she's truly passionate about gaming.

Yeah, man, I really wanted to see more of Project Ragtag. Same with Star Wars 1313. But Project Ragtag maybe could have been up there with other good Star Wars games like Knights of the Old Republic. It's always a shame to see good games cancelled. That said, I'm happy to see they're making another game. Can't wait to see when they are ready to show it off!

Last edited:

jonnyp

ND did Amy so dirty

They should have given her an entirely separate team. I enjoyed her more adventurous, lighthearted games to contrast the overly serious tone of Druckman’s games

Well, Sam was supposed to be the antagonist in Hennig's version. That doesn't sound like lighthearted nor very Uncharted to me.

Last edited:

Humdinger

Awesome. I kind of figured Amy was finished with her career, checked out. She was the main talent behind the Uncharted series. I was sorry to see her leave Naughty Dog, and sad at what happened to her Star Wars project. Glad to see she's still in the game.

Last edited:

kungfuian

Amy is so incredibly talented and creative. Real solid track record and one of the best writers in the industry.

Always thought it was so crazy how she ended up leaving Sony too. Sure it's more complicated then the rumors, but in the back of my head I always think, why didn't they do more to keep her. Or after the fact reach out to her with an olive branch. She's just as deserving, AND A BETTER WRITER, than Kojima imo. Let him go make games for Microsoft and give her a world tour, a game engine, and funding. She's the kind of talent you really go out of your way to keep.

And the thing with the Starwars game is just bad luck/EA corporate bullshit. Of course who wouldn't want to work on a Starwars game but you know you're kind of signing a deal with the devil. And sure enough EA went all EA on her team. Must have hurt even worse knowing they switched directions right after with a new single player starwars adventure game by a different former Sony lead. Total bullshit.

Not that she'd go for it, but if Sony were smart Hulst would reach out with a white flag and a big pile of cash and offer support for her project (s). Her team is the kind of 3rd party partner we want games from!

Anyways good to hear she's making another go at it. Look forward to playing whatever she makes!

Last edited:
I know, right? She only directed Soul Reaver and was the director of the most acclaimed Uncharted.

Seems to me someone's been riding the wave she left behind and not the opposite.

na dude. naughty dog as a whole are the reason for uncharteds success. not just amy hennig. there is no uncharted 2 without the people who make the actual game in the end. the entire studio gets credit. not just one person.

I always see people idolizing Neil Druckmann, but Amy Hennig and Bruce Straley(director of TLoUS part 1) at least deserve as much credit as him in the creation and direction of The Last of Us and the Uncharted series, always found a little weird how they are rarely mentioned on game forums in comparison to Druckmann 🤔
Ever worked on a group project in school? Not everybody tends to do the same amount of work. As to who was carrying the team the most, no idea.

Astral Dog

Ever worked on a group project in school? Not everybody tends to do the same amount of work. As to who was carrying the team the most, no idea.
We know Straley was the main director and world creator along with Druckmann in the last of us, but since he and Amy no longer work at Naughty Dog for whatever reason, Druckmann deserves all credit for TloUs part 2.

I just find a little weird how there is this fan cult of personality around Druckmann, but honestly i never heard of Amy Hennig or Straley until much, much later (and by coincidence) 🤭

GuinGuin

Banned
We know Straley was the main director and world creator along with Druckmann in the last of us, but since he and Amy no longer work at Naughty Dog for whatever reason, Druckmann deserves all credit for TloUs part 2.

I just find a little weird how there is this fan cult of personality around Druckmann, but honestly i never heard of Amy Hennig or Straley until much, much later (and by coincidence) 🤭

TLOU2 is the greatest game ever made. Druckmann is the genius behind it. That's why people like him.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
The only game she worked on in the last 10 years that was released was Battlefield Hardline (ooooooooh!) so I don't expect this to ever come out (or be good) either.

rnlval

they already struggled to meet their vision for their previous cancelled star wars game due to problematic frostbite engine and EA management. now with new studio and UE4 they should be able to achieve their vision.
EA DICE has lost several key software engineers e.g. Johan Andersson.

The only game she worked on in the last 10 years that was released was Battlefield Hardline (ooooooooh!) so I don't expect this to ever come out (or be good) either.
Why do people only mention Battlefield Hardline? She worked on Uncharted 3 as well and that released 2011. She was also writer and director for the Legacy of Kain games under Eidos before that. One bad game or movie doesn't mean someone is incapable of putting out any more good stories.

Last edited:
Top Bottom