• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Opinion Game Dev American McGee wants to make another Alice game with EA

Hugare

Sep 8, 2019
Alice games were great, but they dont hold a candle in terms of critical reception or sales to Dead Space

This dude would be better looking for something new to make instead of holding on the same project for decades now

Reactions: Kuranghi

cormack12

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2013
I would love this but I think it's gone on for so long that it will never really live up to expectations. It's going to miss it's little gap in time to launch

Dec 14, 2009
McGee is kind of a sad story to me.

He and the team really did something great with the first Alice game back in 2000, but he doesn't own the IP - EA does. It definitely had enough of a following that he could have made a career off building that IP. But instead he had to wait on EA. Must be a miserable situation to be in.

Wonder if he could have pulled an IGA and ripped off his own Alice game with a different setting (Oz would be an obvious one) to transfer the Alice fans over to an IP he controlled. Seems to have worked with Bloodstained.

Last edited:

Sub Boss

Mar 6, 2013
Would be awesome, but i doubt its gonna happen.

Difference between Dead Space and Alice sales is massive and even then Dead Space took a whole generation to revive

Last edited:

Dec 4, 2018
Alice games were great, but they dont hold a candle in terms of critical reception or sales to Dead Space

This dude would be better looking for something new to make instead of holding on the same project for decades now

well it's the only thing he ever made that saw any sort of success

Mar 28, 2021
give it up man. madness returns was a good game but need to move on. it's alice in wonderland...nothing special. i know it's an edgy emo take but still.

Last edited: