• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Football Announce First New Album in 17 Years, Share New Song

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap!

Pitchfork said:
American Football, the pioneering Illinois emo band, have announced their first album in 17 years. Like their 1999 debut, the new LP is also titled American Football. It’s out October 21 via Polyvinyl in the U.S. and Wichita in the UK and Europe. Listen to the lead single “I've Been So Lost For So Long” below, and also find the album’s artwork and tracklist. Read our new interview with the band over on the Pitch. American Football have also announced a series of record release shows.

6441100320.jpg

01 Where Are We Now?
02 My Instincts Are the Enemy
03 Home Is Where the Haunt Is
04 Born to Lose
05 I've Been So Lost for So Long
06 Give Me the Gun
07 I Need a Drink (or Two or Three)
08 Desire Gets in the Way
09 Everyone Is Dressed Up

Mr. Doop

Out of nowhere! I was just listening to their self titled album yesterday. Hope this lives up to the legacy of that one.

Out of nowhere! I was just listening to their self titled album yesterday. Hope this lives up to the legacy of that one.

Mike Kinsella has been putting out pretty consistent records as Owen. I don't want to jinx anything but I've got a good feeling about this.

Finally got to see them live last year I think it was, really fantastic. New song sounds great. That first album is just magical, it's timeless. If this is anywhere near close it will be amazing.

kris.

Banned
these are folks from Capn Jazz? LOOOVE that compilation record by them.

just Mike Kinsella, but yea

this came outta nowhere. figured the reunion was just gonna be a cash grab with a re-release of the s/t on vinyl. didn't not expect any new music. i keep saying this year can't get any better in terms of music releases, but goddamn it keeps proving me wrong.

just Mike Kinsella, but yea

this came outta nowhere. figured the reunion was just gonna be a cash grab with a re-release of the s/t on vinyl. didn't not expect any new music. i keep saying this year can't get any better in terms of music releases, but goddamn it keeps proving me wrong.

They had been teasing new music for a while. They've even posted live clips of new tracks.

C.Mongler

Woah. Did not expect this one, just saw these guys a couple weekends ago at Wrecking Ball in Atlanta and it was phenomenal.

Got to say I'm not in love with this track on first listen, but I'll give it a few more goes. I like the instrumentation, but I'm not a fan of the production of Mike's vocals. They're way too, I don't know, up front? In your face? Clean? It just kind of lacks the rawness that his voice did on the first album for me. Though this seems to be a trend in reunited emo band revival albums, as The Jazz June and Braid's comeback albums had the same issue for me.

EdmondD

Awesome. There was something special about their first album being there only one. Like they just came out of nowhere with something amazing and then just faded away. I really like Owen a lot. I can't wait for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom