• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD says the new XBOX uses the same RDNA2 architecture that powers the upcoming Radeon RX 6000 series GPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try it yourself. I have not once seen you critically think through anything you have posted. You post and double down until you are ignored.

Last week you created this thread

NVIDIA boss says GTX 3080 series is using xbox methodology for Ray Tracing

Which i called you out on it and you decided to change it to about measurement. You did the absurd R&C load time measurement which i counted the frames to show how fast it loaded. You don't learn anything from these discussions if you can even call it one. You just like to argue incessantly and claim you schooled someone. That is not a healthy normal adult behavior.
Probably you missed the video that I posted, and also the main body of text? or you just tryin' to troll me again?
I tried adding one word to the title, but I couldn't
I have been VERY critical of microsoft's announced "25tf RT combined preformance"
👉https://www.neogaf.com/threads/next...leaks-thread.1480978/page-2465#post-259346556
and seeing nvidia in their marketing push, putting xbox as equal to 55% of 2080ti combined RT perf was UNEXPECTED

So go ahead, read the above link, and for ever enter the oblivion that is my ignore list..!

Last edited:

semicool

Banned
Try it yourself. I have not once seen you critically think through anything you have posted. You post and double down until you are ignored.

Last week you created this thread

Which i called you out on it and you decided to change it to about measurement. You did the absurd R&C load time measurement which i counted the frames to show how fast it loaded. You don't learn anything from these discussions if you can even call it one. You just like to argue incessantly and claim you schooled someone. That is not a healthy normal adult behavior.
Nvidia is using XSX methodology for Ray tracing performance MEASUREMENT. Not same method in terms of same tech or anything but in terms of measurement ...aka...hence Nvidia quoting TFs , amongst other measurements , for Ray tracing performance MEASUREMENTS.

Last edited:

Tripolygon

Banned
Probably you missed the video that I posted, and also the main body of text? or you just tryin' to troll me again?
I tried adding one word to the title, but I counldn't
I have been VERY critical of microsoft's announced "25tf RT combined preformance"
👉https://www.neogaf.com/threads/next...leaks-thread.1480978/page-2465#post-259346556
and seeing nvidia in their marketing push, putting xbox as equal to 55% of 2080ti combined RT perf was UNEXPECTED

So go ahead, read the above link, and for ever enter the oblivion that is my ignore list..!
I didn't miss anything, i watched the conference live. Jensen Huang was saying their RT solution is better than Microsoft using Microsoft own methodology of equivalent Teraflop conversion which still makes no sense as we haven't a clue how either have done the conversion.

Your own words in the body of your own thread before you edited it out, luckily i quoted it.

So Jensen today told us not only that NVIDIA cooperates with microsoft for DX IO breakthrough,
but they are using XBOX methodology for their RT cores too.

Nowhere did Jensen Huang say anything remotely close to that. Use critical thinking, I'm not trolling you.

Dude you have said you would ignore me weeks ago. Luckily I don't really put people on ignore except for one or two people but i won't ignore you.
Nvidia is using XSX methodology for Ray tracing performance MEASUREMENT. Not same method in terms of same tech or anything but in terms of measurement ...aka...hence Nvidia quoting TFs , amongst other measurements , for Ray tracing performance MEASUREMENTS.
No that was what he edited to change his story to after being called out. That was why the thread got locked. Read the reason for the thread lock

Last edited:
Did you even see the video? Read the text body?
At least read above from where you posted.

Dolomite

Series X is RDNA2 based, news at 11...

PS5 also is RDNA2.
tenor.gif

Last edited:

Tripolygon

Banned
Back to my original point because it is worth repeating again "to set the record straight" as you put it TheGreatWhiteShark TheGreatWhiteShark

You asked.
Let's see AMD say that "PS5 uses the same RDNA2 that powers the 6000 series", then we can discuss your "point" and who missed it.
And here is Lisa Su

You claim packed INT8 and INT4 determine RDNA 2

And again VEGA supports packed FP16, INT8 and INT4 so clearly that does not determine RDNA 2.

Do we need to go in circles or have you at least learned one thing from this exchange?

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Help me understand the point that is discussed 24X7 on that "ps5-xbox analysis" thread.
is it depicted somewhere in the pic below?

hype13mkew.jpg

Is it the crucifixion you guys painted? is it Phil Spencer "sucking dick 4 ps5"? or the straight-up lies and FUD?
Help me understand your "analysis" and the "point"

You got to admit Sharkie, it's a beautiful picture. (There is still space for you)

Can't be angry at people for being hyped for tomorrow's night, can you?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Everybody knows Xbox Series S/X is RDNA 2 based. The fact that you can't take a joke is very telling though.

For someone who wants to put the record straight you keep spreading FUD that PS5 is not RDNA 2.

You are so freaking transparent.

Why is Lisa "crying with laughter" there? What's so funny?

It really rubs me the wrong way when people use that emoji incorrectly. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Ah sweet another xbox thread....

Oh wait... I mean an PS5 vs Xbox thread...

Oh wait again... I now mean a PS5 thread...

Huh... Imagine that.
Now you know no one else can turn water into wine, except for Jesus.

No one else can turn Nintendo, Xbox, PC, dreamcast, etc threads into PS threads, except sony fanboys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom