• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3995WX CPU Official Specs Leak

Bullet Club

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3000 CPU Official Specs Leak Out – Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3995WX Flagship, Up To 64 Cores, 128 Threads, 128 PCIe Lanes & 8-Channel / 2TB DDR4 Memory Support

odIDq7y.png

The official specifications of AMD's Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3000 CPUs have been leaked out by Videocardz. Aiming the workstation segment, the Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3000 CPUs will deliver key improvements to the Threadripper platform with a focus on the professional market, offering insane amounts of I/O and memory support capabilities.

The AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3000 PRO CPU family is made up of four SKUs as detailed in the last post. All four SKUs feature the 7nm Zen 2 core architecture and a 14nm I/O die, all in a chiplet form factor embedded on a large interposer. The main purpose of segmenting the PRO lineup separate from the standard Threadripper parts is that they are designed to serve a different market such as Professionals, Engineers, Scientists, and Designers while the Threadripper standard lineup is aimed at the ultra-enthusiast and prosumer segment.

PCjjBOs.jpg

So let's talk about the four models in the AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3000 family. We have the Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3995WX, the Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3975WX, the Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3955WX, and the Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX. The following are the specifications of each of the mentioned chip.

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO Series Lineup:

CPU NameCPU CoresCPU ThreadBase ClockBoost ClockL3 Cache / PCIe LanesTDPMemory SupportPriceAnnouncement
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3995WX64 Core128 Thread2.7 GHz4.2 GHz256 MB / 128 PCIe Gen 4280W8-Channel DDR4 (2 TB)TBD14th July 2020
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3975WX32 Core64 Thread3.5 GHz4.2 GHz128 MB / 128 PCIe Gen 4280W8-Channel DDR4 (2 TB)TBD14th July 2020
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3955WX16 Core32 Thread3.9 GHz4.3 GHz64 MB / 128 PCIe Gen 4280W8-Channel DDR4 (2 TB)TBD14th July 2020
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3945WX12 Core24 Thread4.0 GHz4.3 GHz64 MB / 128 PCIe Gen 4280W8-Channel DDR4 (2 TB)TBD14th July 2020

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3995WX 64 Core CPU

The AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3995WX is the flagship part of the Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3000 CPU family. It features 64 cores and 128 threads. The chip includes 288 MB of total cache. The clocks are maintained at 2.7 GHz base and 4.2 GHz boost while the TDP is set at 280W.

Unlike the regular CPU variants, the PRO series would offer better-sustained clocks at 280W versus the enthusiast chips which are designed to offer max clock capabilities within the given TDP. Other features of the chip will include 128 PCIe Gen 4.0 lanes compared to 64 PCIe Gen 4.0 lanes on the standard lineup and the most sought after feature would be its 8-channel ECC support which will allow up to 2 TB max capacity (UDIMM, RDIMM, LRDIMM).

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3975WX 32 Core CPU

The AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3975WX 32 Core CPU would feature 32 cores and 64 threads. It will come with 144 MB of total cache, 128 PCIe Gen 4.0 lanes, and a 280W TDP. All Ryzen Threadripper PRO series CPUs retain 8-channel DDR4 memory support and 128 PCIe Gen 4.0 lanes. It's the core config that's different on each part. The Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3975WX will operate at 3.5 GHz base and 4.2 GHz boost clocks.

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3955WX 16 Core CPU

The AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3955WX would feature 16 cores and 32 threads. It will come with 72 MB of total cache, 128 PCIe Gen 4.0 lanes, and a 280W TDP. The Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3955WX will operate at 3.9 GHz base and 4.3 GHz boost clocks. It is interesting that AMD is going down all the way to 16 and 12 core parts for its PRO series while the Ryzen Threadripper family goes down to 24 cores.

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12 Core CPU

Lastly, we have the most entry-level variant, the AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3945WX which features 12 cores and 24 threads. It will come with 70 MB of total cache, 128 PCIe Gen 4.0 lanes, and a 280W TDP. The Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3955WX will operate at 4.0 GHz base and 4.3 GHz boost clocks.

YQJFrMD.jpg

It is mentioned that AMD will be using its PRO technologies to rival Intel's vPRO parts in the same segment. This time, AMD takes the lead in the workstation segment by offering not only a higher number of cores and threads but also better memory support capabilities which are truly impressive for the workstation market. Prices of these parts remain to be disclosed but we will be getting more information on 14th of July which is suggested to be the announcement day for the AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3000 series family.

Source: WCCFTech

JCK75

Holy Jesus.. the good news is the render farms at Pixar are going to be cranking out movies faster.

Dontero

Banned
What? are they delaying zen3 or something?

No, Zen3 is just late this year and they have obligation to OEMs to deliver some "new" products to them. Those are basically rebadges so that OEMs can claim they have "latest" 2020 cpu rather than old 2019 one.

Zen3 is apparently coming end of this year.

Last edited:

SantaC

No, Zen3 is just late this year and they have obligation to OEMs to deliver some "new" products to them. Those are basically rebadges so that OEMs can claim they have "latest" 2020 cpu rather than old 2019 one.

Zen3 is apparently coming end of this year.
Lisa su just said it is coming in 2020. I predict december.

Chiggs

I think my next CPU is going to be a Threadripper. I want to really laugh at Intel fanboys who foam at the mouth as they talk about negligible FPS gains with their old ass kit that nobody cares about. All this while Threadripper decimates them in every other category.

SantaC

I think my next CPU is going to be a Threadripper. I want to really laugh at Intel fanboys who foam at the mouth as they talk about negligible FPS gains with their old ass kit that nobody cares about. All this while Threadripper decimates them in every other category.
Threadripper is for production though. Not gaming

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
besides gaming

Chiggs

You're on a gaming website. Are we supposed to care? :rolleyes:

Well, you cared enough to post. So you’re telling me you care. You’ve also posted in Threadripper thread. So are you just dumb or lost?

If it’s “dumb,” let me help:
  • A Threadripper CPU, while meant for creative professionals, can also play games.
  • And if a creative professional wanted a system that could do both, he or she could choose Threadripper, especially since Threadripper takes a giant dump on Intel’s offerings in pretty much every category.
    • Key point: Threadripper‘s ridiculous performance allows creative professionals to more efficiently produce work.
    • Key point #2: Creative professionals might also want to play games.
If you read carefully, you’ll notice the bullet points above are basically the written version of a parent making an airplane sound, while flying a spoonful of spinach in the air, so that baby will open wide and chew.

PhoenixTank

I thought that until the 3950X was released (& TR pricing was known). Check your workloads will actually scale out to these extremely high core count parts.

Top Bottom