• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD Ryzen 3000 CPUs Officially Discounted ----- [Massive Price Cuts on Ryzen 9, Ryzen 7, Ryzen 5 Chips]

https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-3000-official-march-promo-ryzen-7-ryzen-5ryzen-3-price-discounts/

NbRn17X.jpg

AMD has announced a new promotional deal across its Ryzen 3000 CPU lineup which is now available at much lower price points, officially. The report comes from Tomshardware who've stated that AMD has officially announced discounts across its lineup of 3rd Gen processors so those who've been waiting to buy a Ryzen 3000 chip, now might be the right time to do so.

AMD Ryzen 3000 CPUs Get Official March Promo - Massive Discounts & Game Bundles For Ryzen 9, Ryzen 7, Ryzen 5 Chips
The AMD Ryzen 3000 CPU lineup based on the Zen 2 architecture has seen some great deals in the past but those were mainly retailer specific. This time AMD has announced the promotion officially and will keep it going till the end of March. The said promotion is for the North American region only right now but we can expect AMD and retailers to follow up with a similar promo in market regions outside of NA.

With that said, let's take a look at the deals that 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs have going on for themselves at various retail outlets:

AMD Ryzen 3rd Generation CPU Deals (Amazon):

AMD Ryzen 3rd Generation CPU Deals (Newegg):

AMD Ryzen 3rd Generation CPU Deals (MicroCenter):

In addition to the discounts, most of the 3rd Gen Ryzen CPUs would also ship with a 3 month Xbox Game Pass which adds an additional $30 US value to the promotion. Once again the deals are said to last till the end of this month so you better hurry since these deals are so good that stock won't last for long. These deals also put immense pressure on Intel and it's yet to be released 10th Gen Core family which is expected to hit retail shelves in the coming month.

Looks like AMD is clearing stock in preparation of the upcoming Ryzen 4000 series.

Kenpachii

Pretty shitty upgrade tho from 1700 > 3900/3950.

Hope you don't aspect to much from it. Also check if your motherboard vrm coolings can deal with a 3950. Will probably toast it.

iJudged

Banned
Eyeing that 3950, but would need a new mobo as well. Currently have the i7-8700k with 1080ti. Not sure wether to wait for the 3080 or pull the trigger on 2080ti right now, or 3950....idk :(

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I was going to upgrade from my R5 1600, but I ended up doing a GPU upgrade instead. I'd probably bite on the R5 3600 at $140-150. On a side note, I was browsing Amazon and they have the R5 1600 for $85 new. Damn. You can pretty easily OC those to 3.8GHz on stock. Pair that with a $145 Sapphire Pulse RX 570 8GB and a decent mobo, and you have nice little mid-range PC with a pathway to a next-gen upgrade when you're ready.

GreatnessRD

Couple missile price points for folks! Tempting, but y'all won't finesse me, AMD! I'm waiting like a good boy for that 4000 series. And the fact I can keep my B450 for a while longer is the icing on that cake. Good prices for people who do need to upgrade though. I'll stick with this R5 2600 until then.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty shitty upgrade tho from 1700 > 3900/3950.

Hope you don't aspect to much from it. Also check if your motherboard vrm coolings can deal with a 3950. Will probably toast it.

3950x actually draws less power than the 3900x, apparently. Compared to the 1700x, it looks like a pretty massive improvement in heavily multithreaded programs, and even good performance games in lots of games, especially in the 1440p 144hz range.

Kenpachii

3950x actually draws less power than the 3900x, apparently. Compared to the 1700x, it looks like a pretty massive improvement in heavily multithreaded programs, and even good performance games in lots of games, especially in the 1440p 144hz range.

Well if you use multithreaded programs then yea more cores is more gain, however games barely use 8 cores as of today and single core performance increase if you already at 1700 performance isn't spectaculaire to say the least. Unless you play heavy rts type of games and sit at low resolutions for maximum fps i wouldn't care much about it personally.

Also if you game at 1440p in modern games a 1700 aint going to limit you in 99% of the games out there.

About draw in power i didn't know it drawed less power tho, so then yea it shouldn't be much of a issue that is.

Well if you use multithreaded programs then yea more cores is more gain, however games barely use 8 cores as of today and single core performance increase if you already at 1700 performance isn't spectaculaire to say the least. Unless you play heavy rts type of games and sit at low resolutions for maximum fps i wouldn't care much about it personally.

Also if you game at 1440p in modern games a 1700 aint going to limit you in 99% of the games out there.

About draw in power i didn't know it drawed less power tho, so then yea it shouldn't be much of a issue that is.
True, but that will change soon with the arrival of new consoles.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

I dunno, the benchmarks I've been looking at show a 10 ~ 40% or even higher improvement in frame rates in games that aren't GPU limited. That seems like a reasonable upgrade to me, especially when it means the difference between like 80 FPS and 120 FPS with a high refresh rate monitor.

Still, I might just hold until the 4000 series gets announced. If they are a big jump over the 3000 series, then I'll see if my motherboard updates to support it and get one of those. If it doesn't, well the 3000 series will probably drop even further in price by then.

Donwel

Neo Member
I dunno, the benchmarks I've been looking at show a 10 ~ 40% or even higher improvement in frame rates in games that aren't GPU limited. That seems like a reasonable upgrade to me, especially when it means the difference between like 80 FPS and 120 FPS with a high refresh rate monitor.

Still, I might just hold until the 4000 series gets announced. If they are a big jump over the 3000 series, then I'll see if my motherboard updates to support it and get one of those. If it doesn't, well the 3000 series will probably drop even further in price by then.
I was eyeing the 3950x but I'd not long bought the 2700x. I think I'll definitely be looking to upgrade once the 4000 series releases.

dave_d

I think it's due to stock issues. I imagine the price will be back down once they get more in.
Almost certainly true but given Corona who knows. I really need to look up how the 3700x compares to the 3900x. (Amazon and Newegg still have that at the price.) I'm assuming that all the issues people had with the AMD cpus when they first came out are all taken care of at this point. (They've been out what? 9-10 months?)

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
went from i5-3570k@4,5Ghz to ryzen3600 at stock and my fps in cemu playing zelda BOTW went from 40fps average to 80fps average.

Wow, CEMU is that good? I'm going to have to start looking into this...

dave_d

went from i5-3570k@4,5Ghz to ryzen3600 at stock and my fps in cemu playing zelda BOTW went from 40fps average to 80fps average.
That sounds good to me. I'm looking to upgrade from an i5-3570 (not k) and was looking at either the 3700x or 3900x so I'm guessing I'd get a similar boost. Oh, looks like Amazon has the 3900x at $420 again.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Decided to get a 3900x from this sale to replace my 1700x. Haven't really done any benchmarking yet, but holy shit everything feels a lot snappier. The slight lack of "snappiness" or immediate response was always a thing that bothered me about AMD compared to Intel, but this feels great.

TaySan

Banned
Decided to get a 3900x from this sale to replace my 1700x. Haven't really done any benchmarking yet, but holy shit everything feels a lot snappier. The slight lack of "snappiness" or immediate response was always a thing that bothered me about AMD compared to Intel, but this feels great.
Have a 3900x and it's great. Everything is smoother in general and games don't microstutter like they did on the 6700k. You will be more than fine for next gen games.

Though i wish i could overclock like i did with the 9900k, but these chips are already maxed out to their limit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom