• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD releases creepy Hair rendering tech demo.

GymWolf

yeah, call me when they can render hair this lush and exquisite:

GUg8e9d.png
And like the amd model, he speak fluent japanese.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Well, all hair rendering in games right now is shit. Hardware today just isn't powerful enough to do it right..
Don't you like the fifa 2021 one?! I think it looks fine if they tone down the floatiness, at least for now...

VjOnnQ.gif

Cavani looks pretty spectacular imo.

Last edited:
That is one of the worst tech demos I've ever seen, no I'm not exaggerating. Everything about this just felt off putting and unimpressive.

GymWolf

No. The flow is nice but the shader is crap.
You are a demanding fella because to me it looks like the best hair system in the market for now even if we are far from perfection.

And it's fucking ea and fifa, a game when they have to render a lot of shit, i think that the usual tech wizards are gonna improve a lot from this one.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
You are a demanding fella because to me it looks like the best hair system in the market for now even if we are far from perfection.

And it's fucking ea and fifa, a game when they have to render a lot of shit, i think that the usual tech wizards are gonna improve a lot from this one.
The amount of fur and the animation for hair was never a problem. It's the fact that it doesn't have the lastest in hair lighting/shading. To get a good look, you absolutely have to make a better hair shader with self-occlusion. And that's just too expensive right now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom