• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD is more than healthy (financially speaking).

Outlier

I;ve been on the team since December, I think. Haven't flinched. In fact I haven't even checked it in months.

Just checked. Ehhh. I'll keep holding. I'm hoping for great things for their net CPU/GPUs. :)

Buggy Loop

and yet somehow their shares are down lol

This

AMD stock is probably shorted the ever living fuck out of because it’s attached to Reddit stonks and a cherished one for so long over there. AMD stock price should be higher than it is now..

LordOfChaos

-Revenue +99%
-GM 48%;
-Operating margin 22%

Fuckin insane, man. I've watched AMD for a long time, two decades, and they were always this struggling underdog. Complete turnaround under SuBae and I don't think their growth is over, with architectural convergence since Zen it'll get harder and harder to shake them off.

They were up at a 160x PE a short time ago, now they crushed that down to just the 30s, and as of tonight it will be even lower. Should get some re-ratings. Xilinx is probably the best way to buy them as it will convert to 1.7 AMD shares and trades under that.

Last edited:
There's the money of sony and MS?

they could have made much more money the last year if they had not had their delivery obligations against MS and Sony. console dies are high volume and relatively low margin compared to the other segments. and basically all other segments are undersaturated -> silicon shortage.

Eimran

I have 100 shares and bought 45 so I'm definitely happy already.

My friends bought 1000 shares at 6. I'm so happy for him and f*ck him as well.

I missed this train sadly but nice for all the gaffers that believed! 💹
I missed it too, when at $2
Just bought in at $8 for under $1000 total.
Sold some shares at $50

Should've invested 10k at $2
But AMD will soon start to pay dividends and become a mature compny. Give it 3 more years. Won't sell any share

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
1. Competitive products.
2. Cost- effective chiplet design (maybe it should've been called "cheaplet" instead? ;p)
3. Home console market monopoly.
4. ???
5. Profit! (literally)

Lisa Su did made a fantastic 180 turn with the company, now they just need competitive GPU and they're good to go.

Shubh_C63

I had long heard 2020 will be the year AMD goes bankrupt back in 2014. Been watching their progress and thank the lords for Ryzen.

Top Bottom