• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD: FSR 2.0 will run on Xbox and these Nvidia graphics cards

Kokoloko85

Can anybody see the difference in any of those pics?

Im not the best judge at things like this.

Even looking at the backgrounds of the 2nd set of pics, they look pretty damn similar, maybe a tiny bit more detail in the some of the bricks lol. Which means this software must be good enough if we cant tell the difference between native 4k and frs 2 Etc.

I think having tech like frs means more resources can be used on effects, textures, fps instead of making it native 4k?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Holy shit, boy. You're talking about silicon, M1chl M1chl is talking about software (libraries, drivers and etc). What you're saying has nothing to do with the matter.
Thanks, I would say more so than SW, I am speaking just about the business. Two approaches, two good solutions. Just different way of dealing with the issue. I am explaining why the different wording. Also who said (not me definitely) that AMD could not further customize their HW to fit the need of the client? They did customized it.

Holy shit, boy. You're talking about silicon, M1chl M1chl is talking about software (libraries, drivers and etc). What you're saying has nothing to do with the matter.

Actually, nice try, but he clearly implied things beyond just drivers and software, cut it out. When people just start lying, that's when people get ignored. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

He says even when it comes to architecture IP licensing. AMD supply everything for MS, but Sony is licensing their IP for usage/modifying/etc. He has no idea what he is talking about because licensing the IP and then modifying and integrating their own IP is exactly what Microsoft has done with Series X|S. Microsoft has even made heavy customizations to the command processors for years, added custom texture filters, they made major changes to how crucial aspects of how AMD's IP they've licensed interacts with the underlying OS.

He's pretending to know what he's talking about, but he actually doesn't. The notion Microsoft doesn't personally build/write their own drivers for the GPU, CPU and major elements of their platform especially to interact with the Xbox virtual machine/hypervisor is nonsense that only a troll would want to convince you is true.

Would like to add, that MS is using drivers in the Xbox OS directly from AMD, where Sony is using just basic bios and they are building on top of that themselves (they are using different business model than MS, even when it comes to architecture IP licensing, AMD supply everything for MS, but Sony is licensing their IP for usage/modifying/etc).
So that's why the difference between "True RDNA 2" and "RDNA 2 based technology".

And also why it's in the marketing materials AMD can state the functionality on Xbox, but not on PS5, because ultimately that's not their word to say it.

Hope that clear up some confusion.

For this purpose, AMD built in EEC error correction for GDDR6 with no performance penalty (there is actually no such thing as EEC-compatible G6, so AMD and Microsoft are rolling their own solution), while virtualisation features are also included. And this leads us on to our first mic-drop moment: the Series X processor is actually capable of running four Xbox One S game sessions simultaneously on the same chip, and contains an new internal video encoder that is six times as fast as the more latent, external encoder used on current xCloud servers.

That's just an example, but Microsoft has custom built software, hardware and APIs all over the Series X console. Any notion or suggestion that AMD does everything for Microsoft right down to the driver level with no direct involvement or creation on Microsoft's end is fanboy nonsense. There are numerous IP blocks built into Series X that belong to Microsoft. There are numerous SOFTWARE and driver elements that are personally created and designed by Microsoft, which they regularly update developers about. This guy claims he has access to both SDKs, but doesn't appear to be fully aware of this? Is he only focusing on one element, and not what Microsoft is doing with Shader Model drivers for the GPU? He talks like he knows what he's talking about, but is actually way out of his depth.

This guy would have everybody believe that Microsoft, creator of DirectX and the various Shader Models, has no role in driver creation. If only takes but a tiny bit of reading to realize this guy has no idea what he's talking about.

rnlval

"
With over 12 teraflops of FP32 compute, RDNA 2 also allows for double that with FP16 (yes, rapid-packed math is back). However, machine learning workloads often use much lower precision than that, so the RDNA 2 shaders were adapted still further.

"We knew that many inference algorithms need only 8-bit and 4-bit integer positions for weights and the math operations involving those weights comprise the bulk of the performance overhead for those algorithms," says Andrew Goossen. "So we added special hardware support for this specific scenario.

like with SFS, Series consoles are customized beyond standard RDNA2.
FYI, Machine learning workloads may need lower precision math that resolves into higher precision results. The VEGA rapid-packed math is missing the mixed data format modes.

rnlval

Actually, nice try, but he clearly implied things beyond just drivers and software, cut it out. When people just start lying, that's when people get ignored. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

He says even when it comes to architecture IP licensing. AMD supply everything for MS, but Sony is licensing their IP for usage/modifying/etc. He has no idea what he is talking about because licensing the IP and then modifying and integrating their own IP is exactly what Microsoft has done with Series X|S. Microsoft has even made heavy customizations to the command processors for years, added custom texture filters, they made major changes to how crucial aspects of how AMD's IP they've licensed interacts with the underlying OS.

He's pretending to know what he's talking about, but he actually doesn't. The notion Microsoft doesn't personally build/write their own drivers for the GPU, CPU and major elements of their platform especially to interact with the Xbox virtual machine/hypervisor is nonsense that only a troll would want to convince you is true.

That's just an example, but Microsoft has custom built software, hardware and APIs all over the Series X console. Any notion or suggestion that AMD does everything for Microsoft right down to the driver level with no direct involvement or creation on Microsoft's end is fanboy nonsense. There are numerous IP blocks built into Series X that belong to Microsoft. There are numerous SOFTWARE and driver elements that are personally created and designed by Microsoft, which they regularly update developers about. This guy claims he has access to both SDKs, but doesn't appear to be fully aware of this? Is he only focusing on one element, and not what Microsoft is doing with Shader Model drivers for the GPU? He talks like he knows what he's talking about, but is actually way out of his depth.

This guy would have everybody believe that Microsoft, creator of DirectX and the various Shader Models, has no role in driver creation. If only takes but a tiny bit of reading to realize this guy has no idea what he's talking about.
AMD''s NAVI21 based Radeon Pro V620 SKU for support virtual GPU usage.

The AMD Radeon™ PRO V620 GPU delivers high-performance GPU acceleration for cinematic cloud gaming experiences and to power through graphics-intensive 3D professional and modern office productivity workloads. It is built on the award-winning AMD RDNA™ 2 architecture and features 32GB of dedicated GDDR6 memory, hardware-based raytracing support, and 128MB of all-new AMD Infinity Cache.

Innovative SR-IOV based GPU-partitioning capabilities, two Video Core Next (VCN) engines, and support for the latest graphics APIs, including Direct X® 12 Ultimate, makes the AMD Radeon PRO V620 GPU the flexible, multi-purpose virtualized graphics solution needed to meet a wide range of modern use cases. The AMD Radeon PRO V620 GPU shares the same GPU architecture that powers the latest generation of game consoles and PC game experiences, making it a powerful, familiar platform on which to develop and deliver immersive gaming experiences from the cloud.

-----

AMD Radeon PRO V620 has ECC memory enabled.

AKixWXR.png

For corporate features, corporate NAVI 21 SKUs such as Radeon Pro V620 have a higher asking price.

NAVI21 has ECC memory and GPU virtualization (MxGPU) features baked into the silicon. Different SKU branch enables or disables certain features.

RX 6800 XT is the solo gamer SKU while Radeon Pro V620 has the shared gaming/cloud workstation SKU, and they are based on NAVI21 ASIC.

Last edited:
I wonder Wether AMD FSR 3.0 will include some learning on the lower precision abilities of the XSX and RDNA 2 cards.

Who knows what it will be called, but now that this has been introduced, and is obviously nicely optimized for RDNA 2, we are almost certainly seeing the first signs of precisely what Microsoft will aim to use in concert with the Series X's Machine Learning capabilities. But what's best is this seems amazing even without ML, but I think ML might aide in making it even easier to implement and make it that much more impressive.

ozs9T6K.jpg

Yes it works on PS5.
Square Enix for example listed all AMD FidelityFX used in both PC and PlayStation 5 today.

5:20

2.0 will almost certainly work on PS5, but the version used in Forspoken, unless they made a mistake with the DirectStorage video they put out, is confirmed to be FSR 1.0.

And they confirm it in that video also at 19:22. Super Resolution 2.0 is coming too late (game development is too far along) for them to implement it on PS5 so they're going with 1.0, plus it's harder to implement than FSR 1.0. PS5 WILL be able to do it, though, 100%. But they can easily issue an update later on to 2.0 on PS5. I love shit like this. People don't realize how much these consoles have left in the tank. A lot of people made assumptions that they're showing their age already. They're not. We've yet to fully see what they can do.

Games aren't yet being properly designed for the Zen 2 CPUs, much less fully for the increased I/O capabilities outside of loading stuff faster. Deeper integration into the game design at the engine level will produce more impressive looking games.

BLxacgR.jpg

Last edited:

M16

it's sad how third parties won't push the series x to it's limit because PS is the more popular console atm so they will just do the bare minimum, I just hope the first party devs can go all out on it
Not gonna blame devs too much. Series consoles have a brand new developer kit/api, so old engines have to be patched up with the new rendering engines + the game themselves. With the low amount of time they've had up to release, of course they're not gonna realize the full potential.

Tripolygon

Banned
2.0 will almost certainly work on PS5, but the version used in Forspoken, unless they made a mistake with the DirectStorage video they put out, is confirmed to be FSR 1.0.
The Forspoken video and AMD presentation use FSR 1.0 for demonstration but 2.0 is currently being integrated into the Luminious engine which if you pay attention to the 20:00 minutes mark, he says is easy and fast to implement.

9CxjB09.png

And they confirm it in that video also at 19:22. Super Resolution 2.0 is coming too late (game development is too far along) for them to implement it on PS5 so they're going with 1.0, plus it's harder to implement than FSR 1.0.
You are making things up and taking great personal editorial liberties.

AMD says

Last week, we revealed the first game that is planned to get FSR 2.0 is DEATHLOOP, by our friends over at Arkane Studios and Bethesda. Today, we’re excited to announce that another game that will support FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.0 is Forspoken by Luminous Productions. FSR 2.0 will be available in the game when it comes out in October 2022, along with many other AMD FidelityFX technology effects. You can see how they've been integrated into Forspoken in the video below.

AMD has stressed it is easy to implement as most modern engines already make use of TAA with decoupled render buffers

As FSR 2.0 required the three data points in the diagram above at render resolution -- depth, motion vectors, and color -- developers will find it easier to integrate FSR 2.0 into games that already have a temporal upscaling rendering path. Keeping that in mind, although FSR 2.0 is still easy for developers to add to their game like FSR 1.0, integration time estimates can vary – it can be as little as a few days for games that already have the needed temporal upscaling data in place. However, for games without motion vectors or support for decoupled display and render resolutions, integration can take longer.

I really have no idea where you are getting your information from.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned

And they confirm it in that video also at 19:22. Super Resolution 2.0 is coming too late (game development is too far along) for them to implement it on PS5 so they're going with 1.0, plus it's harder to implement than FSR 1.0. PS5 WILL be able to do it, though, 100%. But they can easily issue an update later on to 2.0 on PS5. I love shit like this. People don't realize how much these consoles have left in the tank. A lot of people made assumptions that they're showing their age already. They're not. We've yet to fully see what they can do.

Games aren't yet being properly designed for the Zen 2 CPUs, much less fully for the increased I/O capabilities outside of loading stuff faster. Deeper integration into the game design at the engine level will produce more impressive looking games.

BLxacgR.jpg
That is not what the video says.
The game will integrate FSR 2.0 at launch like the slides says.

All theses FidelityFX effects, including FSR 2.0, will be used in Forsaken at launch in both PS5 and PC.

I really have no idea where you are getting your information from.
He probably watched from where I marked the video, saw the next slide, made up his mind and forget to watch what was presented after.

Last edited:
That is not what the video says.
The game will integrate FSR 2.0 at launch like the slides says.

All theses FidelityFX effects, including FSR 2.0, will be used in Forsaken at launch in both PS5 and PC.

He probably watched from where I marked the video, saw the next slide, made up his mind and forget to watch what was presented after.

I'm confused. Doesn't the slide literally say it's using 1.0? Even the other video they released showing direct storage says FSR 1.0. Show me where it says it's using 2.0 at launch because every piece of media officially put out about Forspoken and the features it is using all say it is using FSR 1.0.

I'm happy to correct if I'm wrong, but that's what I saw..

AMD''s NAVI21 based Radeon Pro V620 SKU for support virtual GPU usage.

The AMD Radeon™ PRO V620 GPU delivers high-performance GPU acceleration for cinematic cloud gaming experiences and to power through graphics-intensive 3D professional and modern office productivity workloads. It is built on the award-winning AMD RDNA™ 2 architecture and features 32GB of dedicated GDDR6 memory, hardware-based raytracing support, and 128MB of all-new AMD Infinity Cache.

Innovative SR-IOV based GPU-partitioning capabilities, two Video Core Next (VCN) engines, and support for the latest graphics APIs, including Direct X® 12 Ultimate, makes the AMD Radeon PRO V620 GPU the flexible, multi-purpose virtualized graphics solution needed to meet a wide range of modern use cases. The AMD Radeon PRO V620 GPU shares the same GPU architecture that powers the latest generation of game consoles and PC game experiences, making it a powerful, familiar platform on which to develop and deliver immersive gaming experiences from the cloud.

-----

AMD Radeon PRO V620 has ECC memory enabled.

AKixWXR.png

For corporate features, corporate NAVI 21 SKUs such as Radeon Pro V620 have a higher asking price.

NAVI21 has ECC memory and GPU virtualization (MxGPU) features baked into the silicon. Different SKU branch enables or disables certain features.

RX 6800 XT is the solo gamer SKU while Radeon Pro V620 has the shared gaming/cloud workstation SKU, and they are based on NAVI21 ASIC.

Didn't this release a whole year after Xbox Series X|S? If so, the point still stands that it didn't exist at the time Microsoft and AMD came up with such a solution for Series X|S.

ethomaz

Banned
I'm confused. Doesn't the slide literally say it's using 1.0? Even the other video they released showing direct storage says FSR 1.0. Show me where it says it's using 2.0 at launch because every piece of media officially put out about Forspoken and the features it is using all say it is using FSR 1.0.

I'm happy to correct if I'm wrong, but that's what I saw..
Watch again 20:00.

BTW all AMD PR piece about FSR says Forspoken will use FSR 2.0.

“ Today, we’re excited to announce that another game that will support FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.0 is Forspoken by Luminous Productions. FSR 2.0 will be available in the game when it comes out in October 2022, along with many other AMD FidelityFX technology effects.”

Last edited:
Watch again 20:00.

BTW all AMD PR piece about FSR says Forspoken will use FSR 2.0.

“ Today, we’re excited to announce that another game that will support FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.0 is Forspoken by Luminous Productions. FSR 2.0 will be available in the game when it comes out in October 2022, along with many other AMD FidelityFX technology effects.”

They said they're working it into the engine, so surely it will be available at some point, but at no point do they say it will be ready for launch. On the actual video they themselves showed, they show FSR 1.0 being used in Forspoken.

I never doubted that it will get 2.0, but it seems they're so far along into development that they may only have FSR 1.0 in there at launch. That said, they do acknowledge their engine has many of the things it needs already to be able to get FSR 2.0 working, and that implementation should take less than a week, so based on that they should reasonably make October launch, but thus far they have only demonstrated Forspoken using FSR 1.0.

ethomaz

Banned
They said they're working it into the engine, so surely it will be available at some point, but at no point do they say it will be ready for launch. On the actual video they themselves showed, they show FSR 1.0 being used in Forspoken.

I never doubted that it will get 2.0, but it seems they're so far along into development that they may only have FSR 1.0 in there at launch. That said, they do acknowledge their engine has many of the things it needs already to be able to get FSR 2.0 working, and that implementation should take less than a week, so based on that they should reasonably make October launch, but thus far they have only demonstrated Forspoken using FSR 1.0.
Man I quote direct from AMD site… c’mon… DENIAL.

“Today, we’re excited to announce that another game that will support FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.0 is Forspoken by Luminous Productions. FSR 2.0 will be available in the game when it comes out in October 2022, along with many other AMD FidelityFX technology effects.”

What link you want? You can choose any.

All PR marketing for FSR 2.0 has Forspoken supporting it as October 2022 launch.

Do you want a picture?

XDevKyc.png

Ohhhhh and the video I posted is the same of the announcement PR.

Is that enough?

PS. The link/quote/video were posted by another user to you before but you choose to IGNORE 😂😂😂

Last edited:
Man I quote direct from AMD site… c’mon… DENIAL.

“Today, we’re excited to announce that another game that will support FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.0 is Forspoken by Luminous Productions. FSR 2.0 will be available in the game when it comes out in October 2022, along with many other AMD FidelityFX technology effects.”

What link you want? You can choose any.

All PR marketing for FSR 2.0 has Forspoken supporting it as October 2022 launch.

Do you want a picture?

XDevKyc.png

Ohhhhh and the video I posted is the same of the announcement PR.

Is that enough?

PS. The link/quote/video were posted by another user to you before but you choose to IGNORE 😂😂😂

The one thing I want to point out to you is that, while we know this is a game that's coming to PS5, it's also a game that's headed to PC. We know for a fact the PS5 isn't using DirectStorage. Reason is obvious because that's an Xbox and Windows PC thing and PS5 has its own next gen I/O system. We also know the PS5 is confirmed to be using all the various Fidelity FX features shown off in the video, but which ones did they actually confirm on PS5?

These.

LeyKw2S.jpg

Forspoken is using Fidelity FX Variable Shading up to Tier 2, but we know the PS5 has no hardware support for VRS, much less Tier 2 VRS, so obviously that's not relevant to PS5 and is speaking purely about the PC version. In other words, PS5 will be using the software version that's offered through Fidelity FX without the added benefit of Tier 2.

It mentioned all the features that will be used on both PC and PS5, but at no point does it ever single out FSR 2.0 as definitely arriving on PS5 at launch. I'm not saying the PS5 doesn't support it, only that no evidence suggests FSR 2.0 will be running on the PS5 version of this game at launch.

What you're not seeing once in either two of those blogs you sent me is a single mention of the word Playstation or PS5 related to FSR 2.0.

But what is mentioned in both AMD blogs regarding FSR 2.0 availability? Xbox.

Want a picture? Here it is below.

E9w2wga.jpg

8roBTIc.jpg

They're saying that it's ready for Xbox for developers to use, but they haven't made a single mention of it being ready for Playstation 5 just yet. The question at hand isn't necessarily if the game itself will support it, but when will it be supported on Playstation 5. I DO believe PS5 will support FSR 2.0, but there's nothing stating when it's going to be available to Playstation. They already have samples available for DirectX 12. And samples will be made available for GDKX on Xbox.

You keep using the game, and I'm telling you we already have confirmation that the game on PC is using features that PS5 won't or can't use because it doesn't use those or have hardware support for it. No hardware support for Tier 2 VRS, so clearly that's only relevant to the PC version of Forspoken. DirectStorage? PC and Xbox. Not one mention anywhere of FSR 2.0 being available on PS5 for this game at launch. But which version of FSR did they show running? (seemingly the one they're guaranteeing will be supported on both) 2.0 in development. Sounds to me like the PS5 version is only going to support FSR 1.0 at launch.

WqFH3Rm.jpg

Last edited:
They did similar with FSR 1.0 so wouldn't put to much weight on it honestly considering that ended up available on everything. Just my 2 cents anyways.
Agreed. If it works for the Series S then the PS5 should have option to implement it as well.

Thirty7ven

Banned
All ditator knows is that some devs told him there was no VRS tier 2 implementation at the API level.

This is the same guy that said PS5 didn’t have hardware RT according to dev sources who had access to the devkits.

Basically he’s the guy where all this bs about what PS5 has or has not comes from and he doesn’t have a good record.

But maybe it’s true, no mesh shaders, no VRS, no int4/int8, etc we should be seeing XSX smoke PS5 any day now.

Last edited:

rnlval

Didn't this release a whole year after Xbox Series X|S? If so, the point still stands that it didn't exist at the time Microsoft and AMD came up with such a solution for Series X|S.

RX 6800 XT's NAVI21 silicon was released with Series X|S. Radeon Pro V620's related Radeon Pro drivers and certification process are late. AMD is asking extra $$$$ for corporate features from Radeon Pro V620's NAVI21.

MS's cloud software for Series X is not included in the retail user retail version.

RX 6800 XT's NAVI21 silicon was released with Series X|S. Radeon Pro V620's related Radeon Pro drivers and certification process are late. AMD is asking extra $$$$ for corporate features from Radeon Pro V620's NAVI21.

MS's cloud software for Series X is not included in the retail user retail version.

The same Series X processor used in retail is what's used in the Cloud Servers with the same EEC-compatible GDDR6, which is what we are talking about. The GPU you pointed to which has EEC compatible GDDR6 wasn't released until late 2021. The RX 6800 XT which released alongside Series X does not, to my knowledge, possess EEC-compatible GDDR6 RAM.

The ultimate point being made, though, is that Microsoft had specific needs and worked with AMD to satisfy all those needs.

rnlval

The same Series X processor used in retail is what's used in the Cloud Servers with the same EEC-compatible GDDR6, which is what we are talking about. The GPU you pointed to which has EEC compatible GDDR6 wasn't released until late 2021. The RX 6800 XT which released alongside Series X does not, to my knowledge, possess EEC-compatible GDDR6 RAM.

The ultimate point being made, though, is that Microsoft had specific needs and worked with AMD to satisfy all those needs.
"In February 2021 we reviewed the Nvidia RTX A6000, the first pro desktop GPU to be based on Nvidia’s ‘Ampere’ architecture." - AECMAG

Nvidia RTX A6000 has ECC via GDDR6-16000 confimed. Nvidia RTX A6000 has GDDR6-16,000 ECC.

NVIDIA's RTX A2000 (based on GA106) with GDDR6 has ECC.
-----

GDDR6X memory comes with an error-detection mechanism that is active on the GeForce RTX 3080. On previous generations, the "ECC memory" feature was only available for much more expensive, professional cards. AMD has enabled it on several Radeon cards, too. While GDDR6X error-detection isn't identical to ECC, it is similar; the memory controller is able to detect most transmission errors, and Error Detection and Replay (EDR) functionality will keep retrying that memory transfer until it succeeds.
---
GeForce RTX 3080 FE is based on manufacture defect GA102 ASIC yield. NVIDIA's professional studio drivers are available for normal RTX cards.

GA102 based NVIDIA A40 GPU Computing Accelerator with 48GB GDDR6 has ECC.
imwA8Hc.png

Depending on the motherboard brand (e.g. Gigabyte, ASUS), mainstream X570 chipsets have memory ECC.

For lower-cost workstation work, I rather use RTX 3080/3080 Ti (EDR + studio drivers) over RX 6800 XT/6900 XT.

GDDR6-16000 with ECC feature at the retail logistic chain is available via NVIDIA RTX A6000 since Feb 2021. AMD's Radeon Pro software stack wasn't matured during Q1 2021.

NVIDIA announced GDDR6 ECC capable RTX A6000 and A40 in October 2020.

Last edited:

BeardGawd

Banned
Lumious the engine will obviously have two different forks. One for PC and one for PS5. Which means not all features may be available in all forks. One may use FSR 1.0 while the other uses 2.0. Nothing has been confirmed either way.

Last edited:

rnlval

The exact same Series X processor is used in the Project Scarlett cloud servers that'll replace the Xbox One S-based xCloud models currenly being used. For this purpose, AMD built in EEC error correction for GDDR6 with no performance penalty (there is actually no such thing as EEC-compatible G6, so AMD and Microsoft are rolling their own solution), while virtualisation features are also included. And this leads us on to our first mic-drop moment: the Series X processor is actually capable of running four Xbox One S game sessions simultaneously on the same chip, and contains an new internal video encoder that is six times as fast as the more latent, external encoder used on current xCloud servers.

The statement above refers to the xCloud Series X variant.

Apparently, NVIDIA has GDDR6-16000 with ECC at Feb 2021 logistics retail chain. NVIDIA announced GDDR6 ECC capable RTX A6000 and A40 in October 2020.

Last edited:

JeloSWE

I'll be very curious to see how the performance on Nvidia cards is compared to DLSS. Like for like comparison, given that DLSS runs on dedicated hardware not used by the game, I wonder how much the performance overhead for FSR2.0 is given its taking rendering resources.

I'd expect DLSS would have a small performance advantage, but I wonder if we're talking less than 1% or 5 - 10%

Like if we saw games like this:
DLSS Performance: 105fps
FSR2.0 Performance: 100fps

Then that would be a huge huge win for FSR
In their presentation they said FSR2 took roughly 1ms. It could be as low as 0.6 for lower quality and up to 1.5ms for highest quality and highest resolutions. One frame at 60fps have a budget of 16.7ms. So it takes up about 6% of each frames budget I my guess.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
The one thing I want to point out to you is that, while we know this is a game that's coming to PS5, it's also a game that's headed to PC. We know for a fact the PS5 isn't using DirectStorage. Reason is obvious because that's an Xbox and Windows PC thing and PS5 has its own next gen I/O system. We also know the PS5 is confirmed to be using all the various Fidelity FX features shown off in the video, but which ones did they actually confirm on PS5?

These.

LeyKw2S.jpg

Forspoken is using Fidelity FX Variable Shading up to Tier 2, but we know the PS5 has no hardware support for VRS, much less Tier 2 VRS, so obviously that's not relevant to PS5 and is speaking purely about the PC version. In other words, PS5 will be using the software version that's offered through Fidelity FX without the added benefit of Tier 2.

It mentioned all the features that will be used on both PC and PS5, but at no point does it ever single out FSR 2.0 as definitely arriving on PS5 at launch. I'm not saying the PS5 doesn't support it, only that no evidence suggests FSR 2.0 will be running on the PS5 version of this game at launch.

What you're not seeing once in either two of those blogs you sent me is a single mention of the word Playstation or PS5 related to FSR 2.0.

E9w2wga.jpg

8roBTIc.jpg

They're saying that it's ready for Xbox for developers to use, but they haven't made a single mention of it being ready for Playstation 5 just yet. The question at hand isn't necessarily if the game itself will support it, but when will it be supported on Playstation 5. I DO believe PS5 will support FSR 2.0, but there's nothing stating when it's going to be available to Playstation. They already have samples available for DirectX 12. And samples will be made available for GDKX on Xbox.

You keep using the game, and I'm telling you we already have confirmation that the game on PC is using features that PS5 won't or can't use because it doesn't use those or have hardware support for it. No hardware support for Tier 2 VRS, so clearly that's only relevant to the PC version of Forspoken. DirectStorage? PC and Xbox. Not one mention anywhere of FSR 2.0 being available on PS5 for this game at launch. But which version of FSR did they show running? (seemingly the one they're guaranteeing will be supported on both) 2.0 in development. Sounds to me like the PS5 version is only going to support FSR 1.0 at launch.

WqFH3Rm.jpg

I think, same as you that ps5 will run fsr 2.0 no problem. If a 5700 can run it theres no reason a ps5 can’t. Im sure it will be fine and we can all enjoy its benefit.

I hope it’s on all platforms because if it’s on ps5 there’s more chance it will be utilised on more games.

The RTX 3080 is actually using ECC GDDR6X (not the same as GDDR6) and while it's a product that launched the same year as Series X, it doesn't actually materially affect what I'm trying to say. RTX 3080 wasn't revealed until September 17th, 2020.

This detail was revealed about Series X March of 2020. And while I'm not sure what they mean, the article you posted mentions that the ECC in that GPU isn't identical to ECC, though it's similar.

For this purpose, AMD built in EEC error correction for GDDR6 with no performance penalty (there is actually no such thing as EEC-compatible G6, so AMD and Microsoft are rolling their own solution), while virtualisation features are also included.

The other product you linked to, the RTX A2000, is a product that does have ECC GDDR6, but that is also a 2021 product. Now, there ARE cases of ECC GDDR6 memory prior to 2020 in different cards I believe, but a common trait of ECC memory is that there is usually a performance penalty associated. Microsoft and AMD created EEC GDDR6 inside Series X with zero performance penalty. And that's not an accident by the way. EEC stands for Extended Error Correction whereas ECC (Error Correction Control) is apparently a wider blanket term that is generally used interchangeably for EEC memory.

S67Slvo.jpg

LlT97Dq.jpg

I think, same as you that ps5 will run fsr 2.0 no problem. If a 5700 can run it theres no reason a ps5 can’t. Im sure it will be fine and we can all enjoy its benefit.

I hope it’s on all platforms because if it’s on ps5 there’s more chance it will be utilised on more games.

Exactly. RX 5700 supports it, so PS5 definitely will also. But it sounds as if it may not be ready for PS5 yet from an API perspective. Happy to be wrong, though. As you said, the more it gets used the more widespread it becomes.

I'm dying to see what is possible with this once it's tied to Series X's Machine Learning acceleration. Could be big for even Series S.

Loxus

These.

LeyKw2S.jpg

E9w2wga.jpg

8roBTIc.jpg

WqFH3Rm.jpg
Why do you dislike an inanimate object so badly that you have to constantly keep spreading FUD about it daily?

It's not like it can attack and cause harm to you.

sendit

Save your breath buddy, I've bought more PS5s than I can even remember at this stage. I'm an actual PS5 owner, not like half the fanboys who spend all day and every day arguing on the internet over something they don't have. Not only do I own the thing, I have purchased many more as gifts for family and friends, so save whatever tired garbage you're trying to tell me. If I hate the PS5 so much I damn sure wouldn't be contributing to its success as often as I am.

This is just from my walmart account. This doesn't even account for the ones I purchased in person at stores.

ndZsRJF.jpg

o3PGOBm.jpg

I buy android phones for family members as gifts because they prefer it. I'm an iphone user.

I buy android phones for family members as gifts because they prefer it. I'm an iphone user.

I get what you're saying, but iPhone or Android are a much more straightforward decision for me than Xbox or Playstation. I don't have any interest in ever being a regular user of an iPhone and don't anticipate that ever changing.

That's a statement I could never make where videogame consoles are concerned, and that's a good thing. It means more exciting games to play. To me, one doesn't need both an iPhone and and Android phone, but I NEED both the latest Xbox and the latest Playstation like i need to breath oxygen. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom