• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2 Finally Available for PC and Xbox Developers

Yeah but I am forwarding your concern to PlayStations boss via email.
Godofwar GIF by PlayStation

No I didn't. I said FSR2.0 performs best on RDNA2 GPUs which is a statement taken directly from AMDs website.
Keep backtracking on your words, mr moose explained it to you twice you said Sony did not implement all RDNA 2 futures so its not full RDNA2 according to you....and yet you keep,saying you didn't ....

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I am on the phone, so this is the easiest way I can do it:

The whole video is about two techs: loading time and implementation of FSR 2.0. why would I consider that they implemented it on the console port if they did not mention it.

I was one of the first guys asking about these sources. Unfortunately, our friends here only shared 1 article where they use the GDC video as a source for this. But when I watched the video for several times, they did not say it. Do you have other sources quoting the devs? I would be happy f they were actually implementing fsr2.0 on this game on console but I fear it will not be there when released.

Ok, I think you are misunderstanding my position and I don't blame you as this place is full on console wars.

I am not saying that ps5 does not support FSR 2.0, I am saying that I don't think the devs will release the console port with it's implementation. It is not an issue of capability, but maybe there is no interest in it.

From 2:30 onwards:

"What will be the gaming experience on PC compared to PS5?"

"Ps5 boosts incredibly fast load times due to its dedicated hardware. With a PC equipped with M2 SSD, players will be able to enjoy gameplay without worrying about load times on ps5 or PC"

"AMD graphics technology will be available on PC and ps5. By changing the option settings, PC version allows to have smooth gameplay on reasonably wide range of PC specs."

This was till 2:55.

In fact I feel the video is mainly about how they are able to achieve similar load times on PC compared to PS5. I don't understand why people are using to argue about FSR 2.0 when it doesn't seem to be the main point of discussion.
I don't know if you noticed but in the video I linked that is timestamped they talked about fsr2 included in the amd fidelity fx and that it is avaiblable on both ps5 and pc....You may understand how tiring it can be to need verbal psecific confirmation about everything for one console and sometimes a simple rumor is considered validation for the other on this forum.
Anyway the creator of the engine basically confirmed it in a presentation but sadly all that is left are those interviews but look at the abundance of articles confirming it.I mean as people have pointed out multiple times in this thread and in the direct storage/FSR2 coming to Forspoken fsr 2 can run on basically anything yet there are always doubt about ps5 just like for eveything(raytracing rdna tflop etc....) sometimes people need to understand that those console are basically the same achieving about the same power but by 2 different ways.

Soodanim

Is this something that fans could implement into games as mods, or does it need to be baked in? Unoptimised games like Elden Ring could benefit greatly

Stamps1646

When DLSS 2.0 released two years ago, I was blown away what you could do with this.
In late 2020 I began building my next computer. When I noticed the AMD GC's had no equitant to DLSS 2.0, I knew I was sticking with Nvidia.

If FSR 2.0 was out in 2020, I may have picked up a AMD GC. The other factor would have been games that supported it.

FSR 2.0 is currently used in 20 games, and more are on the way.

FSR 1.0 and DLSS 2.0 are available in Dying Light 2: Stay Human. This was my first game that support both features.
So I put them to the test. In terms of quality and performance, DLSS 2.0 was a clear winner. AMD/Techland should update this to FSR 2.0, in my opinion.

I purchased Tiny Tina's Wonderlands on Steam yesterday, it surprised me that FSR 2.0 was the only option rather than DLSS 2.0.
It's really comparable to DLSS 2.0; I set up my traditional visual setup as though I were using DLSS 2.0, and the results were excellent.

Some of my friends don't have RTX graphics cards, so they haven't had the chance to benefit from DLSS 2.0, but thanks to FSR 2.0, that possibility is now a reality.

FSR 2.0 needs to be on as many games as possible going forward, this is a game changer for the player, especially for XB Series S/X and PS5 users.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
When DLSS 2.0 released two years ago, I was blown away what you could do with this.
In late 2020 I began building my next computer. When I noticed the AMD GC's had no equitant to DLSS 2.0, I knew I was sticking with Nvidia.

If FSR 2.0 was out in 2020, I may have picked up a AMD GC. The other factor would have been games that supported it.

FSR 2.0 is currently used in 20 games, and more are on the way.

FSR 1.0 and DLSS 2.0 are available in Dying Light 2: Stay Human. This was my first game that support both features.
So I put them to the test. In terms of quality and performance, DLSS 2.0 was a clear winner. AMD/Techland should update this to FSR 2.0, in my opinion.

I purchased Tiny Tina's Wonderlands on Steam yesterday, it surprised me that FSR 2.0 was the only option rather than DLSS 2.0.
It's really comparable to DLSS 2.0; I set up my traditional visual setup as though I were using DLSS 2.0, and the results were excellent.

Some of my friends don't have RTX graphics cards, so they haven't had the chance to benefit from DLSS 2.0, but thanks to FSR 2.0, that possibility is now a reality.

FSR 2.0 needs to be on as many games as possible going forward, this is a game changer for the player, especially for XB Series S/X and PS5 users.
Since it is open source it very well may be what will happen, even if not official, I trust modders to do it, even for older games.Some modders are crazy talented and I'd like them to add it to emulators.

What complete nonsense.
FSR 2.0 runs on almost every GPU made in the last 5 years, from both AMD and nVidia.
It runs on GCN, RDNA1 and RDNA2. How the F*** would it not run on the PS5?

And now, since it's open source, anyone can implement it on their own games. Freely and for free.
The only issue is whether Sony wants to adopt it into their SDK.
Not true at all.
You do know that for a game to actually work on a PS5 is HAS to be made using Sony's SDK yeah? And so if Sony doesn't adopt it for its SDK you won't be able to use it yeah?

FireFly

Not true at all.
You do know that for a game to actually work on a PS5 is HAS to be made using Sony's SDK yeah? And so if Sony doesn't adopt it for its SDK you won't be able to use it yeah?
Sony already has their own shading language called PSSL. All developers need to do is port the HLSL code to PSSL. In the previous thread, the PS developer Fafalada confirmed this can be done automatically with a tool.

winjer

Gold Member
Not true at all.

This is just shader code. Anyone can implement it on their game engine, although it takes quite a bit of work.
It's not essential to have it in Sony's SDK. It just makes it a bit harder to work with.

Top Bottom