• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD’s Next-Gen Cezanne Ryzen 5000 APUs Detailed | Rumored To Feature Zen 3 Cores & RDNA2 Navi 23 GPU

Mista

Banned
AMD-Ryzen-4000-APU-1480x987.jpg

AMD just released its Ryzen 4000 'Renoir' CPUs but details of its next-generation Ryzen 5000 APUs have already started leaking out. The latest details come from Dell whose documents listed AMD's next-gen processors for the mobility part which would be replacing Ryzen 4000 CPUs in 2021.

The documents were posted over at Anandtech Forum members (via Rogame & Uzzi38). It looks like AMD has already started work on its next-generation APU lineup and that is to be expected since Zen 3 core development has finished and we will be getting the first processors based on it later this year. But while Zen 3 would initially be deployed in desktop and server platforms, the mobility market will have to wait till 2021 since Ryzen 4000 just launched this month. But like the Ryzen 4000 family, AMD will again try to disrupt the notebook segment with more performance & higher efficiency unlike anything before.

AMD currently refers to its new Ryzen 4000 (Mobile) lineup as 3rd Gen simply because it's based on the Zen 2 architecture while the rest of the Ryzen 4000 processors (Desktop) will be referred to as 4th Gen since they will be based on the Zen 3 architecture. The same would be the case with Ryzen 5000 CPUs which would be referred to as 4th Gen since it will make use of the Zen 3 core architecture.

AMD-Investory-Presentation_April-2020_4-2048x1152.png

BrentonB

I hope they follow their trend of keeping the CPUs compatible with older motherboards (X570 in my case). I don't want to buy an all new setup so soon....

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
With thoughts and prayers Intel will have it's 10nm desktop CPU out by then.

Just in time to see AMD go 5nm.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I hope they follow their trend of keeping the CPUs compatible with older motherboards (X570 in my case). I don't want to buy an all new setup so soon....
They've been keeping AM4 relevant since 2017. At some point they are going to have to move on from it.

I love how these things are named after famous painters.

Zen 3 is already confirmed for AM4. It's likely that Zen 4 will be the first one to require AM5. If so then I have an upgrade path for my 3900X but it might not be worth upgrading to 4000 series if the performance bump isn't dramatic. It's not like I won't be GPU bound forever gaming at 4K resolution.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
AMD-Ryzen-4000-APU-1480x987.jpg

AMD just released its Ryzen 4000 'Renoir' CPUs but details of its next-generation Ryzen 5000 APUs have already started leaking out. The latest details come from Dell whose documents listed AMD's next-gen processors for the mobility part which would be replacing Ryzen 4000 CPUs in 2021.

The documents were posted over at Anandtech Forum members (via Rogame & Uzzi38). It looks like AMD has already started work on its next-generation APU lineup and that is to be expected since Zen 3 core development has finished and we will be getting the first processors based on it later this year. But while Zen 3 would initially be deployed in desktop and server platforms, the mobility market will have to wait till 2021 since Ryzen 4000 just launched this month. But like the Ryzen 4000 family, AMD will again try to disrupt the notebook segment with more performance & higher efficiency unlike anything before.

AMD currently refers to its new Ryzen 4000 (Mobile) lineup as 3rd Gen simply because it's based on the Zen 2 architecture while the rest of the Ryzen 4000 processors (Desktop) will be referred to as 4th Gen since they will be based on the Zen 3 architecture. The same would be the case with Ryzen 5000 CPUs which would be referred to as 4th Gen since it will make use of the Zen 3 core architecture.

AMD-Investory-Presentation_April-2020_4-2048x1152.png

Holy God

Top Bottom