• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amber Heard Settles Defamation Case With Johnny Depp for $1M

This was never about the money, it was about saving Johnn's reputation.

Good

What she did was horrible but since she thought she was pretty she could just cry and get away with it

Lots of people could see through her bullshit.

The wall is starting to hit her and fast.

In ten years she won't be able to get by with just her looks and I won't feel sorry for her

He’s letting her off the hook. She couldnt even afford to file a counter suit anyways. She literally Shit the bed with all of this.

charlton heston laughing GIF

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
Having read her statement following this it's clear he shouldn't have let her off so easily.

A whole lot of "my truth" and attacking the American legal system for finding against her and framing that as making her a martyr for abused women everywhere.

I get that he was probably sick of the whole mess and she was never going to be able to pay the bill, but letting her off like this just to continue peddling her lies isn't going to help him or any other adbuse victims.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Having read her statement following this it's clear he shouldn't have let her off so easily.

A whole lot of "my truth" and attacking the American legal system for finding against her and framing that as making her a martyr for abused women everywhere.

I get that he was probably sick of the whole mess and she was never going to be able to pay the bill, but letting her off like this just to continue peddling her lies isn't going to help him or any other adbuse victims.
I get you, but everyone knows that she’s a poisonous lying rat now. I couldn’t even read beyond a sentence or two of her statement because everything that came out of her mouth at trial was a massive lie. The only truth is that she’s accepted a $1m settlement because legally she has no leg to stand on. Pointless Depp stringing it out, cut her out completely and move on to better things (y)

Top Bottom