• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon's Fallout series goes into production in 2022 with Jonathan Nolan (Westworld) Directing

ManaByte

Gold Member

Prime Video’s series adaptation of worldwide bestselling game franchise Fallout, from Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy’s Kilter Films, is coming together. Nolan is set to direct the premiere of the series, which is slated to begin production in 2022. Geneva Robertson-Dworet (Captain Marvel) and Graham Wagner (Silicon Valley) have come aboard as showrunners.

Zadom

Amazon Prime has been hitting my interests perfectly lately. Wheel of Time, Lord of the Rings, Invincible, The Boys, and now Fallout. I never could really get into the games (preferred the settings in Elder Scrolls games), but I think it would make a great setting for a series. Can’t wait.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
This could be great, that time period coupled with post apoc is great for a series.

Is anyone working on something for bioshock?

MastaKiiLA

This looks to have some real potential. Jonathan has limited directorial experience, but I do remember liking Bicameral Mind a lot. He also seems to be Christopher's writing partner. So that can't be anything but good.

Fallout seems like it could be a really interesting TV show if the post-apocalypse genre wasn't thoroughly run into the ground during the zombie craze. That said, it's always nice to see video game shows/movies getting proper production pushes. The director looks solid. Having him doing some writing is also going to help. Now they need to ensure the budget is there.

Markio128

Sounds interesting. I wonder if an episode will crash halfway through and you have to reload it?
Seriously though, I’d probably watch it.

Braag

This could be great, that time period coupled with post apoc is great for a series.

Is anyone working on something for bioshock?
Bioshock would make a great TV series or movie but apparently filming anywhere near water is expensive as shit. Though I have no clue how they would film such a setting today.

arvfab

Banned
How will they make sure that bugs appear in the show? I've been told that they are part of the "charme" of the Fallout games.

Let's see if Amazon manages to create something Fallout related interesting to me.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Jonathan Nolan!

fPTaigR.gif

MastaKiiLA

Bioshock would make a great TV series or movie but apparently filming anywhere near water is expensive as shit. Though I have no clue how they would film such a setting today.
James Cameron and Steven Spielberg both lamented the difficulties of filming on the water. The Abyss and Jaws were infamously difficult productions. A Bioshock film is going to be a tough sell without the push of a big name director. The best I'd expect is ScyFy-budget effects on a small set.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
James Cameron and Steven Spielberg both lamented the difficulties of filming on the water. The Abyss and Jaws were infamously difficult productions. A Bioshock film is going to be a tough sell without the push of a big name director. The best I'd expect is ScyFy-budget effects on a small set.
Except the Bioshock water would be CGI and it wouldn’t take place on the surface of the water. But in structures that are underwater. Not exactly a good comparison.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Given the shocking quality drop-off of Westworld in season 2 this could really go either way.

Top Bottom