• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon UK PS5 drop - 18th May (today!)

Duchess

I just want to try and give my fellow UK PlayStation fans a leg up. According to various sources, Amazon UK are said to be dropping PS5 stock this morning. I got mine back in March when they went on sale around 8:30am.

No promises, but if you keep an eye on these pages throughout the morning, you just might get lucky:

I had the console on my wishlist, so I was able to get straight through to checkout. Actually, the first time I pressed "Add to basket" I got an error. I waited a few seconds and tried again, and it was all good.

Anyway, hopefully this will help out someone. Good luck, all.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I just want to try and give my fellow UK PlayStation fans a leg up. According to various sources, Amazon UK are said to be dropping PS5 stock this morning. I got mine back in March when they went on sale around 8:30am.

No promises, but if you keep an eye on these pages throughout the morning, you just might get lucky:

I had the console on my wishlist, so I was able to get straight through to checkout. Actually, the first time I pressed "Add to basket" I got an error. I waited a few seconds and tried again, and it was all good.

Anyway, hopefully this will help out someone. Good luck, all.
This might be a dumb question but can I order one to be shipped to the US through Amazon UK?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
This might be a dumb question but can I order one to be shipped to the US through Amazon UK?

You can, but you might wanna work out how much you have to pay in import tax and shipping. Might be cheaper just to buy a marked up one in America.

Last edited:

DinoD

Its not a dumb question. You can always try and see if they can ship. UK PS5 would require different voltage 220/240V to US model, so you'd need to get the power converter. Which may not be cheap. Or, alternatively. Change/modify the power supply inside your UK PS5 :D

Last edited:

nowhat

Its not a dumb question. You can always try and see if they can ship. UK PS5 would require different voltage 220/240V to US model, so you'd need to get the power converter. Which may not be cheap. Or, alternatively. Change/modify the power supply inside your UK PS5 :D
Just out of speculation, is this really a thing anymore? Universal power supplies have been a thing for quite a while now, and I think Sony would rather put one in there instead of making separate models for separate markets, as a cost cutting measure.

(no, not going to fly to US to test this theory myself)

DinoD

UnNamed

Banned
images

llien

I hope "neither ugly nor power hungry" edition will become widely available by the time next GoW hits....

I will get one before the year is out, on a side note anyone got a recommendation on a 120fps TV OLED? Also is OLED still the best for picture quality?

CRAIG667

Just out of speculation, is this really a thing anymore? Universal power supplies have been a thing for quite a while now, and I think Sony would rather put one in there instead of making separate models for separate markets, as a cost cutting measure.

(no, not going to fly to US to test this theory myself)
It's not about Sony, UK and US power outlets run in different standards.

Duchess

The Metro is reporting it could happen today or tomorrow:

Eurogamer is sure it was happening today:

Dr.D00p

All I see is a free £100 CEX profit opportunity incoming!

Of course I'd prefer the £950(!) profit on a 3080 FE, but beggars can't be choosers and all that.

Matt_Fox

I will get one before the year is out, on a side note anyone got a recommendation on a 120fps TV OLED? Also is OLED still the best for picture quality?

I did the research a few months back and decided the best option was the Samsung QE85 Q80T. It's a whopping 85" screen, it's QLED super bright so you can watch it on a sunny day without having to draw the curtains (and no risk of burn in or image retention).

It has HDMI 2.1 and 120fps, although only one of the HDMI sockets is 2.1 (so if you have an XSX and a PS5 you'll have to choose which one gets the 2.1 - but seeing as XSX has VRR it's an easy choice). Very gamer friendly.

Currently £2299 at Argos, a lotta TV for the money!

I did the research a few months back and decided the best option was the Samsung QE85 Q80T. It's a whopping 85" screen, it's QLED super bright so you can watch it on a sunny day without having to draw the curtains (and no risk of burn in or image retention).

It has HDMI 2.1 and 120fps, although only one of the HDMI sockets is 2.1 (so if you have an XSX and a PS5 you'll have to choose which one gets the 2.1 - but seeing as XSX has VRR it's an easy choice). Very gamer friendly.

Currently £2299 at Argos, a lotta TV for the money!
Thanks unfortunately that's too big for my living room. 60inch is around the max for me, currently got the Sony 55inch 9005 which still sports a cracking picture but lacks the highend features. 120fps, Dolby vision etc.

Riky

$MSFT
Mine came from Game yesterday, didn't fit standing up next to my Series X as planned, this thing is huge. So I've had to put it horizontal which makes it look even uglier.

It seems pretty quiet apart from when a disc is spinning no coil whine or anything as far as I can tell.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Thanks unfortunately that's too big for my living room. 60inch is around the max for me, currently got the Sony 55inch 9005 which still sports a cracking picture but lacks the highend features. 120fps, Dolby vision etc.

This is what you're after. 55" OLED 4k/120 £1200 on offer at Currys right now.

A friend of mine price matched at Richer Sounds and got something else chucked in free so that might be worth looking into.

Duchess

It seems pretty quiet apart from when a disc is spinning no coil whine or anything as far as I can tell.
Yep, it's very quiet. But when the disc is spinning it's a noisy sod. Sony actually lessened the drive recently. You'll notice it spinning up randomly each hour, which is a bit annoying.

Astro's Playroom is a joy, in case you've not started that yet.

Riky

$MSFT
Yep, it's very quiet. But when the disc is spinning it's a noisy sod. Sony actually lessened the drive recently. You'll notice it spinning up randomly each hour, which is a bit annoying.

Astro's Playroom is a joy, in case you've not started that yet.

I've only had a quick go, connected my external HDD with all my PS4 games on but half of them it still wants to download again for some reason, seems to be the games I have on disc.
Couldn't transfer my PT either 😢

Last edited:

richdot

Neo Member
I was lucky enough to get one in march. great system good luck to those trying to get one. I also have a xbox series x pre ordered that and havent used that since march been stuck on the playstation :)

Top Bottom