• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Delivery Driver Captured on Camera Intentionally Failing to Deliver PlayStation 5

chonga

People need to record their drivers dropping off the packages or handing them over and then themselves opening the packages - all in one video and one take. Otherwise, these claims cannot be proven.
Indeed, it is very easy for me to take delivery of an item, unbox it, throw some bricks in there and claim the driver stole it.

In fact I am not sure I buy that story at all. Why would a delivery driver open up the delivery box, then take out the PS5 box, open that up, whip out the console and controller and put bricks in the PS5 box? You'd whip out the PS5 box and dump weight into the delivery box. It will take less time and you have a nice easily pristine and re-saleable console.

acm2000

Right'o..

So one of the biggest console launches for years, zero stock left for months, and drivers in droves being thieves. Not a bother though, nothing to see here..

Give your head a wobble.

in their droves? wheres you evidence of mass fraud outside of the few on social media? is your name rudy?

dave_d

I can believe it. I had a PC mouse and game shipped to me. Amazon put it in a box about the size that a Switch system would come in and even had a label on it saying there were lithium batteries inside. The box was clearly opened, my guess is since it looked like it might be something valuable they decided to take a look. Fortunately since it wasn't anything they were looking for they left the contents alone.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I bought my PS5 online from Best Buy and it was delivered without issue. I also bought my RTX 3090 FTW3 online and it was also delivered without issue.

Good for you, but that's the kind of thing that will end up you burned somehwere. 3090 is a somewhat obscure thing so sure that's sorta safe but ps5 on launch day? that's thief bait.

buizel

Banned
Yea I guess so. Weird that this happened in UK only with amazon. Did we hear something similar in us ?

Amazon lists whats in the package; on the outside - in the UK where I am anyway. So anyone who sees outside can see... and yeh,

IS ANYONE SUPRISED

DELIVERY DRIVERS GIVE THE LEAST AMOUNT OF SHITS POSSIBLE ABOUT HELPING YOU GET YOUR ITEM LOL

This isnt isloated to the UK.im here in the states and an Amazon driver tried to steal my PS5 as well. I caught on to the scheme and stopped it midway. Recieved my box tampered with for sure.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
cunt but not surprising. everyone knew this would happen.

anyway all the guy had to do was contact amazon and let them know they hadn't received it. most likely they'd have got a refund. not sure why he felt the need to make a big song and dance about it across the internet. i know it's their kids birthday but you're just asking for trouble getting lil timmy a brand new PS5 and expecting it to arrive on release day. who cares though as long as you can get a good excuse to piss and moan on the internet!

Last edited:
Reactions: MrS
Amazon Logistics are actually one of the best in the UK (After DPD). So it's shocking to see this.

The only problem I have with Amazon, is that none of their drivers can speak English. So it's hard if you need to ask them anything.
Im not in the UK. Im in the States and Amazon logistics was always wonderful. Until my PS5 was ordered. I couldnt believe the driver legit tried to steal my PS5.

Allandor

On November 19th, which was the release date of the PlayStation 5 in the United Kingdom and the 16th birthday of UK Citizen Jenni Walker's son, Ms. Walker's Closed Circuit Television camera recorded an Amazon delivery driver do something very suspicious: handle what appeared to be the PlayStation 5 that she ordered for her son's birthday, scan it, put it back into his van and drive off.

Needless to say, the PlayStation 5 that Ms. Walker ordered was not delivered that day. So, her daughter drove to the local Amazon depot and showed the footage to the person in charge of the depot; he acknowledged that the driver was one of his employees and stated that he would fire the driver.

This incident was not an isolated one; numerous UK citizens have made posts via social media claiming that their PlayStation 5's were not delivered or that they received other products, such as kitchen appliances and cat food, inside of the boxes that were marked as their PlayStation 5 deliveries.

This proves nothing. The driver might just put a packet that was in the way to the ground and later back to the truck. As long as you don't see the address, there is no reason to doubt the driver. There could be more people that got the PS5 in your place, so it was not necessary his/her packet.

lachesis

Although I've never had any issues with Amazon (well, a couple times, but very minor) - but I was little afraid of this too, so thought about installing a doorway camera.... just in case someone would take away delivered one, or if the delivery person takes it back with him/herself.

But I was fortunate enough to take both PS5 and XSX launch day as remote working day - monitoring the UPS delivery truck's location.... and when it got near my house, I was standing in front of my doorway waiting for them and received it in person.

INC

i see theyve got the standard niko bellic outfit on. like every other delivery drive in the UK

i bet it was a subcontract driver from hermes

Last edited:
This proves nothing. The driver might just put a packet that was in the way to the ground and later back to the truck. As long as you don't see the address, there is no reason to doubt the driver. There could be more people that got the PS5 in your place, so it was not necessary his/her packet.
Except you can track your package all the way to your house. The driver scans your package as Delivered..Handed to resident. And then drives off and never comes back. Literally what they tried to do with me

Fbh

Damn that sucks.
Good that the driver was fired but if there's evidence they should press charges since he is literally stealing.

People need to record their drivers dropping off the packages or handing them over and then themselves opening the packages - all in one video and one take. Otherwise, these claims cannot be proven.

Yep, I've done this the few times I've gotten something expensive delivered.
I feel really bad for the dude if this actually happened to him but it's way too easy to just open the package, take out the console, put some shit in there and claim that's how it arrived.

dave_d

How does delivery guy knows its a PS5 that he's delivering?
Most likely the size and weight of the package given it away. Plus having tell tale signs like a sticker saying lithium ion batteries inside are other hints as well as the day. Just take your truck to remote location and take a quick peek.

Solarstrike

If you have an item ordered of high value en route to your location, go outside and wait for the driver. In the States, Carriers have integrated GPS so you know right where they are in that you can time it to meet them. Not sure if overseas does this? Anyhow, there's also apps and other forms of communication (website, phone support) the Buyer can and should utilize to communicate with the carrier company to ensure an optimal delivery. There's other reasons why a carrier may not wish to deliver. Not all are criminal. Maybe they physically can't. Maybe the carrier spotted a dog, rabid animal, pile of dog shit, giant bee hive, or other obstruction. Maybe something wasn't right with the path to the delivery spot. Give Carriers the benefit of the doubt. Make sure their path is clear to your door or wherever you receive your item(s). Salt the walkways when there's ice. Clear the snow if there's snow. Remove trash if there's trash. Carriers bust their asses. Especially now more than ever due to the pandemic. Work with them to make things easier and they'll take care of you.

Ten_Fold

Damn Amazon drivers stealing Crazy. I heard people not getting their PS5 from fedex as well, some got the delivery stuck at pending for like 2 weeks, while some never got one. One thing I do know is that when I got mines from fedex the driver knew it was the PS5, since I guess it says so in the system which is wack as fuck.

amc

I use Amazon all the time, normally never had a problem, bought a 2080ti which was supposed open box but new from the warehouse. Saved a couple of hundred quid, well I would have if the bastard in the box wasn't actually a ti but just a bog standard 2080. It was an MSI Ventus and they look exactly the same between models, some fucko had done a switcheroo and returned the 2080 in the 2080ti box for a refund.

Was pissed but Amazon sorted it no problem.

I'll definitely be filming any big ticket items from any online delivery in the future, open the box on the doorstep in front of the driver etc. Only stuff that's expensive mind, PS5, 3080ti etc.

Fuck paying nearly £500 for a box filled with potatoes or some shit.

So tell us the rest of the story
I tracked the package all morning. Watched the driver park across the street. Got the notification on my Amazon app...Delivered-Handed to Resident...a notification Ive never recieved on any product I've purchased. . Then the driver was gone. I immediately called amazon customer service support and let them know. They said give the driver 2 hours. I waited. Nothing. I called again...then they couldnt reach the driver and offered me a refund. I lost my cool and they put a supervisor on. Told me to give him till the end of the shift 5 pm. I sat right by my front door. At 450 i decided to open up my door and have a peek. My package was sitting on the floor. The driver never knocked and just placed a clearly tampered with box down at my doorstep and tiptoed away.

DAp0sMg.jpg

This was the box exactly how they delivered it. The driver even changed the black Amazon prime tape. Im fully convinced the supervisors at amazon had an idea what was going on ...and gave the drivers a heads up to fix whatever he was doing. I complained aggressively and all they did was offer 30$ gift card

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I tracked the package all morning. Watched the driver park across the street. Got the notification on my Amazon app...Delivered-Handed to Resident...a notification Ive never recieved on any product I've purchased. . Then the driver was gone. I immediately called amazon customer service support and let them know. They said give the driver 2 hours. I waited. Nothing. I called again...then they couldnt reach the driver and offered me a refund. I lost my cool and they put a supervisor on. Told me to give him till the end of the shift 5 pm. I sat right by my front door. At 450 i decided to open up my door and have a peek. My package was sitting on the floor. The driver never knocked and just placed a clearly tampered with box down at my doorstep and tiptoed away.
That's sketchy as hell. Screw that driver.

TimFL

Never, never, buy expensive “hot” items online.

Amazon and the like are for boring cheap stuff.
Maybe in the wild west land. My experience with amazon has been A+. Started ordering consoles from amazon for launch day back with the original PS4 (then Pro, One X and now PS5/XSX all coming on launch day in time) and every single driver always went out of their way to signal me that I should enjoy my gaming session.
They all knew what they were delivering.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Maybe in the wild west land. My experience with amazon has been A+. Started ordering consoles from amazon for launch day back with the original PS4 (then Pro, One X and now PS5/XSX all coming on launch day in time) and every single driver always went out of their way to signal me that I should enjoy my gaming session.
They all knew what they were delivering.
I have a hard time believing that rando delivery drivers would care even one little bit about your gaming experience, but I'm glad you haven't had any issues.

Eternal21

Never, never, buy expensive “hot” items online.

Amazon and the like are for boring cheap stuff.

99.99% people had no issues, and those that did will get full refunds. I don't see a problem, especially since it's impossible to get a PS5 in store. Hell, I bought my car online, without ever seeing it in person, but there was no risk, because I had two weeks to return it no questions asked.

Last edited:

TimFL

I have a hard time believing that rando delivery drivers would care even one little bit about your gaming experience, but I'm glad you haven't had any issues.
The drivers here are all relative young foreigners / immigrants. Wouldn‘t be surprised if most of them are gamers themselves.

It‘s like with my Apple UPS guy. Been receiving Apple products from the same dutch UPS driver that always asks me which iPhone / Watch etc. model / configuration it is that I‘ve been ordering. That is if I can accept in person.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
I made sure to watch for the delivery truck the day my PS5 was coming cause I knew this type of thing would be happening.

Gerdav

DAp0sMg.jpg

This was the box exactly how they delivered it. The driver even changed the black Amazon prime tape. Im fully convinced the supervisors at amazon had an idea what was going on ...and gave the drivers a heads up to fix whatever he was doing. I complained aggressively and all they did was offer 30$ gift card

I hope you phoned the police to report that cunt as he obviously opened and tampered with the package.

Hostile_18

Banned
It's crazy to me people would risk their jobs for a console. Many of us are trusted with thousands, what makes a 450 console worth throwing a job away.

I hope you phoned the police to report that cunt as he obviously opened and tampered with the package.
The funny part is..I am a cop 🤣. I ran out to try and confront the driver..to get his plates..his face..everything. But since he didnt knock he was able to scamper away. I was royally pissed and I couldn't even enjoy my ps5 for a few hours. Couldnt believe people are risking their jobs for a game console

Gerdav

The funny part is..I am a cop 🤣. I ran out to try and confront the driver..to get his plates..his face..everything. But since he didnt knock he was able to scamper away. I was royally pissed and I couldn't even enjoy my ps5 for a few hours. Couldnt believe people are risking their jobs for a game console

If I was the supervisor/manager of the delivery depot, I would have took it off him, reported him to the police and delivered it myself to apologise man to man, if he even had the gravitas to knock and apologise himself it would have gone a long way, he simply does not deserve to work as a courier again, it shows he cannot be trusted.

Gamerguy84

If this behavior becomes rampant enough it will be Amazon drivers wearing bodycams to prove they did the job.

[
If I was the supervisor/manager of the delivery depot, I would have took it off him, reported him to the police and delivered it myself to apologise man to man, if he even had the gravitas to knock and apologise himself it would have gone a long way, he simply does not deserve to work as a courier again, it shows he cannot be trusted.
The sad part is...im afraid he will do it someone else who wasnt as quick or suspicious as me. Amazon wouldnt give me any details about the driver at all. It also made me so angry. I work hard and did everything right and secured my preorder...for some fucking loser to try and steal it away from me like a coward at the last 100 feet of delivery. At least mug me with a weapon like a real man.

Last edited:

MrS

Banned
Only a fool would use Amazon to buy a PS5. No sympathy. That said, the driver is a piece of shit who needs his face caving in.

Dibils2k

my series x from amazon required a OTP that i needed to tell the delivery driver so they could confirm its delivery... i dont know who was responsible for using that system but they really should have used it for PS5 deliveries aswell

Kamina

Golden Boy
Bloody hell

Top Bottom