• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Delivery Driver Captured on Camera Intentionally Failing to Deliver PlayStation 5

BluRayHiDef

Banned
On November 19th, which was the release date of the PlayStation 5 in the United Kingdom and the 16th birthday of UK Citizen Jenni Walker's son, Ms. Walker's Closed Circuit Television camera recorded an Amazon delivery driver do something very suspicious: handle what appeared to be the PlayStation 5 that she ordered for her son's birthday, scan it, put it back into his van and drive off.

Needless to say, the PlayStation 5 that Ms. Walker ordered was not delivered that day. So, her daughter drove to the local Amazon depot and showed the footage to the person in charge of the depot; he acknowledged that the driver was one of his employees and stated that he would fire the driver.

This incident was not an isolated one; numerous UK citizens have made posts via social media claiming that their PlayStation 5's were not delivered or that they received other products, such as kitchen appliances and cat food, inside of the boxes that were marked as their PlayStation 5 deliveries.

Damn.So these delivery guys are just taking the ps5s for themselves ?
Yup. I had a pre-order with Amazon(UK) that I got in September.

Dispatched the day before the release date, got to an Amazon Logistics depot, then ended up in a permanent state of "delayed in transit" and after a week I asked for a refund as they hand waved that it was still coming. Since they could never give me any information on what was going on with it the only sensible conclusion given all of this is that it was stolen and they didn't want to admit that.

Klayzer

Delivery drivers are not using their brains, it would seem. Almost every home has camera systems that home owners can monitor remotely. If you think you're not being watched, rest assured you're being watched.

Birdo

Banned
Amazon Logistics are actually one of the best in the UK (After DPD). So it's shocking to see this.

The only problem I have with Amazon, is that none of their drivers can speak English. So it's hard if you need to ask them anything.

Last edited:

Tschumi

i heard that they cut ties with this deliveryman, but did they reimburse/replace the console? or, like, get it back from the fucker?

kyussman

When they do come back into stock(no idea when that will be)....I'm getting my PS5 over here in the UK from Argos...won't have to pay for it for six months too,which is always nice!

cormack12

Gold Member
Amazon Logistics are actually one of the best in the UK (After DPD). So it's shocking to see this.

How are they different to just using random white van men? I had AL and they were bob on, but it was just a guy in a van. Are they police more? Permanent employees etc.?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Right'o..

So one of the biggest console launches for years, zero stock left for months, and drivers in droves being thieves. Not a bother though, nothing to see here..

Give your head a wobble.

He never said it was something to not bother about. He said it happens with all sort of electronics and even other products,and isn't isolated to PlayStation. Which, therefore, isn't a thread worthy.

Get your Sony glasses off.

Last edited:

BluRayHiDef

Banned
He never said it was something to not bother about. He said it happens with all sort of electronics and even other products,and isn't isolated to PlayStation. Which, therefore, isn't a thread worthy.

It's thread worthy in a forum that's dedicated to gaming and during a time when gaming products are much more difficult to acquire than usual.

The_Mike

It's thread worthy in a forum that's dedicated to gaming and during a time when gaming products are much more difficult to acquire than usual.

Well, I just said how I understood the other guys post.

But, with all popular brands and electronics, this is very common.

Extremely shitty practice, but until we get robots who deliver and its still real people, then we will see shit like this.

Duchess

So, does this mean that the delivery drivers know what's in the box? They really shouldn't.

Unless this was an inside job and someone within Amazon was telling the drivers which order ids contained PS5s?

The_Mike

It's a gaming site, this is a gaming related and console issue, and it's a hot topic

Get your shit posting off.

Sorry, I thought we could talk politely to each other and not being so rude.

I guess I was wrong. Maybe I'm not the nicest person myself, but at least I don't post slurs like that.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
It’s a choice by the specific delivery driver not all are like that but it’s not surprising and will make people questioning ordering big ticket items (PS5) online again.

Birdo

Banned
How are they different to just using random white van men? I had AL and they were bob on, but it was just a guy in a van. Are they police more? Permanent employees etc.?

It all depends on the employment process.

For instance, Yodel are famously the worst delivery service in the UK. Their workers are all agency/temp staff who are not trained and are payed less than minimum wage. It tells you everything you need to know :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:
So, does this mean that the delivery drivers know what's in the box? They really shouldn't.

Unless this was an inside job and someone within Amazon was telling the drivers which order ids contained PS5s?
It was Ps5 launch day, it was easy to know which packeges had ps5s in them lol, sad for the many as they wont be getting a ps5 untill new year now thanks too these thieves.

Dr.Morris79

Sorry, I thought we could talk politely to each other and not being so rude.

I guess I was wrong. Maybe I'm not the nicest person myself, but at least I don't post slurs like that.
There was no need for whatever this was ;)

..Now, lets start over. It's crap whatever it happens to, but at this current time it's a massive gaming issue. Me? I honestly dont care if scalpers scalped, they bought the product (Maybe in an unfair manner) but they still managed to buy it, better luck next time for us chumps who didnt get one..

But this? This is just signs of a failing society and it's just sad to witness. I wish it was just this but rot like this happens daily nowdays, and not just in regards to delivering parcels

cormack12

Gold Member
It all depends on the employment process.

For instance, Yodel are famously the worst delivery service in the UK. Their workers are all agency/temp staff who are not trained and are payed less than minimum wage. It tells you everything you need to know :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Yodel are shocking. Believe me, any time I got a parcel and saw Hermes or Yodel, I did fucking yodel. On the phone for hours as my parcels constantly went missing. Amtrak are also pains in the asses.

The_Mike

Still more rude to say "shit".

I was pointing to the argument that its not an isolated Sony issue, but also said in same, or another post it's a bad behavior regardless of what product it is.

Iamborghini

With the pandemic it’s a common thing in France. Two weeks ago I ordered speakers from Amazon (200€) and I never received it. The delivery guy has no longer the obligation to give it to you or to put it in the mailbox, he just put it somewhere near the building and he’s done.

off-topic but
Earlier this year I ordered the RTX 2080 Super from nvidia website and guess what? One day I came home in the middle of the day and found a box on the ground of my building with 100 residents. It has my name on it and It was the 2080 Super. You could see it was a graphics card because it was partially opened and you could read RTX! I was so angry that day... and happy too

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
Maybe if the guy didn't stand in the window with camera the whole time but actually went downstairs and opened the door he would get his son's PS5? Serves him right.

For real tho, the PS5 thirst is real, dunno what those delivery guys are thinking, that somehow nobody will notice that their package is supposedly delivered when it in fact isn't.

Top Bottom