• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMA about One Piece

Cutty Flam

Banned
I just watched this theory and it blew my mind

The mystery of these four things are killing me:
Vegapunk, Joyboy, Bartholomew Kuma, Void Century

There is so much to tie together. After Wano Kuni, this story I feel is going to hit and connect on levels we've never seen before. I really want to ask Oda face to face one question. All I want to ask him is how much fucking planning and research did he do for this story before he even began? How is he doing all this, that he is doing? The things left in the dark, the mysteries in OP; I want to know them nearly if not the same as much as the last words of Albert Einstein muttered in German before his death. I think a lot of people are going to be left speechless. And preceding that, I bet everyone is going to be in awe. I can't wait dude

A question for you if you don't mind, Yoboman Yoboman

What are your thoughts on
Elbaf?
It's going to happen. Almost no doubt at all I think it will. But what will happen, do you think and what will take place there? I have a theory myself. I shared with a friend who practically studies this anime but he waved it off without much thought. Idk though, I still think my prediction is going to hit more times than not, but the problem is I can't envisage it

I'll have to share it all later one day, when I have all my thoughts aligned for it

Also, just a reminder pls use spoilers if you decide to answer as I'm sure there will be plenty of details that involve recent arcs. No problem if you don't have anything in mind. I didn't have a clue, in fact I had almost forgotten the promise made between
Luffy and Usopp to go there...
until my friend mentioned the word of the Kingdom while I was finishing up Whole Cake. And it makes sense to me that it will eventually be an arc. I'm just unsure about a few things; really interested to see how that will all play out

I'll listen in some more on that video another time. The theory is very in depth from the five minutes I've listened in on. Wow..........I just skipped to the last portion to hear a bit. That is a very interesting and good find. I'm going to listen to it in full soon. Good find bro

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Yeah Yoboman Yoboman , that is fucking INSANE. I thought about it for a min, just after seeing that one character that was mentioned at the random bit I clicked to at the near end of the video

That cliffhanger in the episode that we saw said character introduced in (The Levely / Reverie) had me wondering for days. If that theory is on the money then holy fuck I can’t even imagine....

I’m going to listen tmrw and weigh in on it over time as it sinks in and maybe connects some dots or not

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
And I wonder if Blackbeard has anything to do with that entire scheme too...There has been something wrong ever since I last read that manga chapter in Wano Country, where
Buggy sama
had mentioned something very interesting. Made an observation that blew my mind. As soon as he had said what he said, thoughts were just spinning out of control

But there is something much deeper than what’s there on the surface

Last edited:

Yoboman

The mystery of these four things are killing me:
Vegapunk, Joyboy, Bartholomew Kuma, Void Century

There is so much to tie together. After Wano Kuni, this story I feel is going to hit and connect on levels we've never seen before. I really want to ask Oda face to face one question. All I want to ask him is how much fucking planning and research did he do for this story before he even began? How is he doing all this, that he is doing? The things left in the dark, the mysteries in OP; I want to know them nearly if not the same as much as the last words of Albert Einstein muttered in German before his death. I think a lot of people are going to be left speechless. And preceding that, I bet everyone is going to be in awe. I can't wait dude

A question for you if you don't mind, Yoboman Yoboman

What are your thoughts on
Elbaf?
It's going to happen. Almost no doubt at all I think it will. But what will happen, do you think and what will take place there? I have a theory myself. I shared with a friend who practically studies this anime but he waved it off without much thought. Idk though, I still think my prediction is going to hit more times than not, but the problem is I can't envisage it

I'll have to share it all later one day, when I have all my thoughts aligned for it

Also, just a reminder pls use spoilers if you decide to answer as I'm sure there will be plenty of details that involve recent arcs. No problem if you don't have anything in mind. I didn't have a clue, in fact I had almost forgotten the promise made between
Luffy and Usopp to go there...
until my friend mentioned the word of the Kingdom while I was finishing up Whole Cake. And it makes sense to me that it will eventually be an arc. I'm just unsure about a few things; really interested to see how that will all play out

I'll listen in some more on that video another time. The theory is very in depth from the five minutes I've listened in on. Wow..........I just skipped to the last portion to hear a bit. That is a very interesting and good find. I'm going to listen to it in full soon. Good find bro
I think

Elbaf will be close to the very very end, I believe that is Usopps dream so it will be right at the end. I think it will probably be where Shanks and co are as well

Elbaf will be crazy and invoke a lot of norse mythology, I expect we will see things like Ygdrassil . Maybe 9 Islands connected by a giant tree. Characters will probanly be named after norse giants

What actually happens there? Who knows probably something insane, maybe Big Mom will still be tailing them Strawhats by then seeing as she has a lot of crossover with Elbaf. I'll bet my left nut there is a giant princess though

Yoboman

Yeah Yoboman Yoboman , that is fucking INSANE. I thought about it for a min, just after seeing that one character that was mentioned at the random bit I clicked to at the near end of the video

That cliffhanger in the episode that we saw said character introduced in (The Levely / Reverie) had me wondering for days. If that theory is on the money then holy fuck I can’t even imagine....

I’m going to listen tmrw and weigh in on it over time as it sinks in and maybe connects some dots or not
The main parts of the theory that blew my mind are

How these guys spotted that globe with 6 moons in Ohara and then tied it to all the symbols that the different kindgoms had

And then tied it to the moon kingdom that Enel explored, which I totally forgot about like it was some made up side quest. But in reality, why the hell did he find a civilisation on the moon? No way Oda drops that without it meaning something

And then he points out the Celestial Dragons badically wear space suits

It makes so much sense

nVJDKcE.jpg

Cutty Flam

Banned
Man, that video is going to change everything in the way I think going forward about what can happen now

I was right in my thinking all this time. It was such a wild thought for me to think it as early as I did. That this is literally going to define endings in creative works. After this, there will be no greater ending in a story. It’s going to be too phenomenal to hardly witness. They hype will be so over the top that I honestly think I’m going to need to control my breathing and maybe even step away from watching mid-episode once or twice on several occasions. I can’t believe it dude. There’s still a lot to be explained but I’m just tripping like no other over what seems very plausible with the dots he connected in the story. That is fucking unreal........Seriously, Yoboman Yoboman , thank you for posting that

Yoboman

Man, that video is going to change everything in the way I think going forward about what can happen now

I was right in my thinking all this time. It was such a wild thought for me to think it as early as I did. That this is literally going to define endings in creative works. After this, there will be no greater ending in a story. It’s going to be too phenomenal to hardly witness. They hype will be so over the top that I honestly think I’m going to need to control my breathing and maybe even step away from watching mid-episode once or twice on several occasions. I can’t believe it dude. There’s still a lot to be explained but I’m just tripping like no other over what seems very plausible with the dots he connected in the story. That is fucking unreal........Seriously, Yoboman Yoboman , thank you for posting that
Its also reminded me, what the heck was this?:goog_unsure:

3eqeZ2s.jpg

Cutty Flam

Banned
Its also reminded me, what the heck was this?:goog_unsure:

3eqeZ2s.jpg
Very interesting. Bro, I think it’s plausible. And if that is what Oda has had in mind all along it’s going be define hype. Imagine the
final war, the confrontation that all these big time pirates like Whitebeard, Marines like Sengoku, and others know is bound to happen. And then imagine an attack coming from up there man. Wow....I’m speechless even without having watched more than 5 min of the video. Just the possibility that a threat like that awaits and Oda had it in mind all this time is too fucking crazy, even to just think about. Like I said, the ending, holy fuck it’s going to be unreal
I can't watch videos, can someone break the theory down for me?
Ceallach Ceallach I’ll break it down once I watch it and have a full grasp of it. I’m imagining something that can potentially take place that is blowing my fucking mind just thinking about it. I wonder who the fuck even has a clue in the actual anime beside the obvious answer of those around said character? My thoughts are swarming the Levely right now

Yoboman Yoboman brings up a pic that makes me think. You’re up to Wano right Ceallach Ceallach ? What do you think about that pic? Put it in spoilers plz, If you have any input. I’m curious to hear what you think about that pic before I explain the theory to you maybe in the next 4-7 days...

Wow wow wow. Yoboman Yoboman , just when I thought there was no way I could possibly be any more of a fan and invested in One Piece you heighten it. That is so interesting

I’m going to listen in tonight

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I have two thoughts, either aliens, which seems too simplitic for Oda tbh, or I was wondering if there isn't a much more advanced society out there. Perhaps some who developed the kind pf technology to build something so monstrous. We already know there are societies outside the world govt, like Wano. I think the answers lie in the ponegliffs and the void century.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Ceallach Ceallach I took on the video through PM because I don’t want anybody accidentally spoiling it for themselves, even if I do put it in spoilers

Anybody who wants to read cliffs on a very minor detail traced back from fairly early in the anime, that leads to one very major possible outcome in One Piece is welcome to ask for these notes as long as you are past Whole Cake Island. I will accept the request and PM if you have finished the majority of Whole Cake Island

It’s only one theory Ceallach Ceallach , but I think he did very well in one of his findings, and he has some interesting viewpoints. He’s a very astute follower of One Piece, he has traced so many things even the greatest fans would have missed, and he makes a very strong argument that made me believe there is some merit to what he’s saying and has connected to better see the whole of this story. He’s definitely connected some dots I believe, but at the same time not all of his theory strikes me as probable to happen

I wish you could see the video, you’re going to have to watch it one day. The detail in the video is like 75X better than my notes

Yoboman Yoboman solid work again my friend. The story is worthy of two or three reads / watches minimum. One Piece is an inspiration

T TONY Tony Chopper
@Usopp
M MONKEY D LUFFY
@Nami

Cutty Flam

Banned
Thriller Bark is an underrated arc

....I rated it 9.2/10 which is pretty high, but I think it might deserve 9.4/10 and as high as a 9.5/10 because I'm looking at Zou and I definitely feel Thriller Bark was more impressive by some amount

Only feels right given the
relentlessness amount of grim of trials they all faced throughout the arc. Plus, Brook shot through a cannon and speared right through Oar's deltoid like a bullet. That was something else

Cutty Flam

Banned
Roronoa Zoro Roronoa Zoro have you come across this by any chance? It's fucking intense, the person who edited this put in work

i

I looooove Thriller Bark, the visuals, the challenge, PERONA. It's so, so good. But sooooo short in the manga.
Big fan as well. All the way through.
Perona is amazing as well. Zoro is an extremely lucky guy. Even if she was annoying as fuck to him, living with her for 2 years is worth it lol

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Roronoa Zoro Roronoa Zoro have you come across this by any chance? It's fucking intense, the person who edited this put in work

i

Big fan as well. All the way through.
Perona is amazing as well. Zoro is an extremely lucky guy. Even if she was annoying as fuck to him, living with her for 2 years is worth it lol

I hadn't but that's quite well done and reminded me of the perfect blend of comedy and badassery that was that giraffe fight. While ryuma was pure badassery and possibly my favorite fight of the series

Cutty Flam

Banned
Roronoa Zoro Roronoa Zoro yeah that entire fight was...that was such a well matched fight. That entire arc and even the one preceding it was too much for me to handle. I was on hype overload for like 90+ episodes. And the latter, fuck that was intense. You could just tell how it was going to go, I know it’s just anime, but there was an energy to the way they sized each other up that
allowed the viewer to see this was a fight between two legendary fighters, two masterminds of their craft, two swordsman of nearly unrivaled ability. It was bound to be a brief fight. Game of inches. It may have been brief but what was invested into that fight mentally? Just had to be on a different level compared to all Zoro’s fights you know... You just knew he was calculating in his mind more than any other foe he had faced to ensure he didn’t lose. With Ryuma, he was too dangerous an opponent to even be showing the slightest bit of mercy with. At the time, that was probably Zoro’s most significant duel

And when he fell, he was damn winded. One move. It was one move but he had to assume his all into that one blow because he knew he was not only dueling a samurai, but a fabled samurai of legend. The margin for error was at zero. If he miscalculated it was over for him and every single Straw Hat I believe

It’s another one of those times where there it isn’t drawn out or lengthy at all, but the fight itself spoke volumes. That samurai basically made Brook realize he’s child’s play if not infantile compared to him and in addition, Roronoa Zoro

That was extremely impressive work by Oda

I’m not even sure what my top 5 fights would be tbh. I’d have to give that some thought. That was an interesting one. One of the more unique clashes of the series for sure

God Enel

Who are your favorites in one piece btw?
my top 5:

1. God Enel / Ener (obviously)
2. Blackbeard
3. Zoro
4. Sakuzuki
5. Doc Q dunno why I love this guy though he showed up like once lol

Cutty Flam

Banned
my top 5:

2. Blackbeard
3. Zoro
4. Sakuzuki
Very tough question to answer lol. I might have to give a top 75 :messenger_winking_tongue:

I'll come back to this with a rough order. I'm curious myself who my favorites are past maybe the top 10 once I'm forced to weigh heavily. Well, all the way through it will be like that really, there are just so many things and factors to consider...this should be a lot of fun lol. Give me a few days or more, that's an interesting question

edit: God Enel God Enel also, I'm the same way in that I have a very strange fascination with one of the Blackbeard Pirates. They've all been shown so scarcely, but ever since I saw this one I've been drawn in and wondering a lot of things about that character. No sure where the character will land in my top favorites but I'll post a picture of said character right here for you

Catarina Devon AKA Cresent Moon Hunter

....she's gonna be a problem when the time comes bro. Have wondered often who will even fight her? I'm sort of assuming Sanji. I think it will be the first and only time he will fight a woman

Last edited:

Sybb

Banned
On a more serious note, do you think the One Piece simply refers to the world? When you have conquered the world, you have conquered the One Piece.

Cutty Flam

Banned
On a more serious note, do you think the One Piece simply refers to the world? When you have conquered the world, you have conquered the One Piece.
There was a
chapter that took place in the manga about three months ago or so? I wanna say. It threw me off pretty hardcore. Even though I've thought about it a decent bit, and have tried to say what it is, I really have no clue at all. Everyone has their theory, and I've heard many, but none convince me in the slightest now. Your guess is as good as any. For all we know, you could ask a kid who doesn't even know what anime is and his or her guess is as valid as any. It's that elusive. There are clues, maybe you can piece things together and figure something out of how the ending might go, but if you have read the chapter I'm talking about nobody can know with any certainty. The One Piece...that's the ultimate question, my friend

I have thought deeply about what the One Piece could be...I've considered the mannerisms, the actions and the behaviors of those who have "known/seen/discovered(?)" the One Piece, but it's still all so confusing to me. I don't think there is any way to correctly guess even after all that has happened / any clues

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned

Gives me goosebumps seeing this take place. The look on Luffy’s face. The foreshadowing in Blackbeard’s words

Cutty Flam

Banned
my top 5:

2. Blackbeard
3. Zoro
4. Sakuzuki

QjxcRZV.jpg

This is my personal list that I decided to make. It’s a rough draft to the fullest extent. Top 120 characters, but it’s going to change A LOT next time, fairly drastically, because I’ll be putting very intense thought into some kind of process in determining who I like more than who, why, and all these other factors. For the most part though, I just listed characters I like as they came to mind. If anything, the top 50 might be the most concrete, but even then, it’s going to change a lot there too. Oh and I’m planning on making this a top 150 One Piece Characters List when it’s all finished and I’m fairly satisfied with saying it’s complete

God Enel God Enel pretty fun idea man, I’m glad you asked me. Keeps my mind focused on something great. So thank you for that bro!

Yeah that list is going to look completely different next time...I forgot a lot of good ones I’m sure, there’s well over 1,000 characters in One Piece so it’s kind of tough to narrow down the best 12% or my favorite 12% or whatever number it comes up to

Cutty Flam

Banned
Haven’t heard from Fushitsusha Fushitsusha and Sakura Doritos Sakura Doritos in a while, where you fools at in the anime? Still keeping a pace of some sort or set it down for a while (or permanently) ??????

Very impressed that you finished up to Jaya arc I think it is, Fushitsusha Fushitsusha after just picking it up on a whim, seemingly. From what I got out of your response, I think you had similar attitude in your critique of Alabasta Saga as I did. It wasn’t until later I changed my view of it. And in One Piece, it’s kind of crazy but that can happen it seems. Appreciation for an arc can increase some, the story allows that to happen IMO

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Top 150 Characters

This one more closely resembles my preferences. It’s still all for fun, but I did sort of weigh things, just not seriously. Maybe I’ll narrow it down one last time to make a more definitive representation of my absolute favorite characters, in near exact order. This one is very close though, and my reasons for liking each character may vary greatly from character to character. I went with how I feel mainly

Also didn’t put a few to a handful of powerful characters in because I dislike them enough to not even have them top 150 even...I’m sure some big time fans of the show would probably be able to pinpoint the ones omitted. Also, my two least favorite characters by far made the list, because I’m impressed with how much I hate them lol. Spoilers because the list is up to current chapter in the manga

My appetite for One Piece, is as large as Luffy’s appetite for MEAT!!!!

XIxASwD.jpg

Cutty Flam

Banned
There are so many One Piece characters I would love to see side stories on like what was done with Ace.

Like I wanna see the adventures of Smoker and Tashigi real bad.

No doubt agree 100% percent and the potential is all there to do that too, like 100% if he wanted to he could branch off anywhere

Jewelry Bonney. I've been fascinated with her ambitions ever since she was show the few times we were shown. She like Shanks, we are given just the slightest bit of information about that makes for desiring more

Yoboman

Why would you watch something with hundreds of episodes? Do you ever get bored that there is no end goal?
There is an end goal. Its actually one of the few manga / Anime where there is a clearly defined end goal, but we want to learn the nature of thst ending and the adventure to get there. To be more practical, we know there is about 5 years of manga left

But the Anime is a huge undertaking because its not paced well, especially lately

Id recommend starting with the Anime ony because the voice acting and music are so good, it gives youa good vibe for the whole series and the characters. Eventually you want to get in the manga instead which is a big series but much quicker to get through one chapter than one episode

Week to week the fans are a still following it after decades because it is one of the best, deepest and most cohesive stories and worlds ever put together in any medium

Cutty Flam

Banned
Why would you watch something with hundreds of episodes? Do you ever get bored that there is no end goal?
Halo is Back Halo is Back from one Halo loving fan to another, you have to check this out bro, check out One Piece. If you don’t then I’ll just have to graffiti tag Craig the Brute all on your two side neighbors’s house and hex your copy of Halo: Infinite 😜

Jk bro, but it’s a very fun, extremely, extremely, and I emphasize extremely creative and well put together manga/anime

I thought the same as you, I was once thinking Deadman Wonderland being 13 episodes was too much of a commitment. But then I watched Death Note (49 episodes I think?) them Hunter x Hunter with 151 episodes and then my friend told me about Luffy and One Piece. And it took a few months before I tried it out, but it was the greatest thing he could have shown me

Out of the 930 episodes to watch, if you skip all the filler, there’s probably only a handful of episodes that are mildly interesting as thy are probably devoted to building tension or advancing the story arc in some way. Usually every episode is excellent in some way. Imagine your favorite tv show. There’s probably like 10-12 excellent characters who do some amazing stuff, are incredible characters. In the manga/anime of One Piece, there are like—no joke—probably close to 100 characters who are

A) Interesting
B) Very Powerful
C) Unbelievably deft / skilled in at least a few areas of what they’re able to bring to the table

There are so many variable in One Piece. The fights are always different and fun, sometimes extraordinary, always plenty of great moments in the fights. The writing is out of this world. It brings everything. Official Sound Track is gorgeous, motivating, inspiring even. It makes the anime so fucking unbelievable some times. I’ve watched dozens and dozens of scenes well over 20-50 times I’m sure, because a certain part of the OST was utilized to literal perfection say during a focal point, a confrontation, a back and forth, a fight, a speech, flashback, a small tale or story being shared, meaningful points within the arcs or overall story of One Piece in general, etc. The soundtrack is worthy of awards IMO, and the directors of the anime know how to capture and amplify the greatness of the manga with the powerful and beautiful OST and great animation

There have really only been maybe a few episodes that I was bored. But actually, my boredom was a mistake as I view it. Because during those moments when I was ‘bored’ I just wasn’t giving my attention because I thought there were no real ideas hitting the bullseye so to say, but actually, things were being set up masterfully by Oda and I just didn’t realize it at the time. The creator of One Piece has immaculate vision for a man, through his storytelling. The story of One Piece I would say, is something everybody should check out. Just to see if it’s something you’d like. It’s really well done all in all trust me Halo is Back Halo is Back , it may seem like a monumental undertaking, but it goes by fairly quickly if you enjoy it and don’t make it a mission to complete. It’s more enjoyable that way usually

Cutty Flam

Banned
Why does Skypeia arc suck so bad?
I wouldn't say it sucks by any measure. Although, I will say the characters within that arc, on the actual
Sky Island, were not so impressive. Even after all that time waiting for the villain, Enel was a bit of a disappointment. He had a God complex, so he basically wrote everyone off as unimportant, he even flees from Luffy due to fear/cowardice. And I guess it was his time to leave anyway to reach his goal, but he was still a coward villain, when confronted. Something he’s not used to, to be fair, but still...

I think the villains were pretty weak tbh. That flamboyant fat ball like enemy was the only decent one because he was so easy to dislike and hate, and he presented a very interesting challenge or trial that gave Luffy, Sanji, and Usopp a bit of trouble for a bit. He had a huge advantage over them, but he wasn’t afraid to be merciless. Weird ass character, but the best enemy for sure on Sky Island next to God Enel or Eneru. Wiper, to me, is the greatest character in that entire arc. I was a ting but disappointed with Gan Fall and the other enemies posted up on behalf of God Enel.

The wolves, that odd enemy, Wiper were the only great characters in Skypiea. The rest were just good or passable. Not too many memorable characters on the Island itself. That’s Skypiea’s main downfall imo. And it’s a big one. There are more interesting characters in the Franky Family practically in the next saga. So Skypiea gets a C- from me in Character Development. Oh, the two monkeys were really cool too. Funny as hell sometimes too lol

And it’s only different, but the doomed atmosphere and tone to the final episodes on Skypiea was very harsh to witness. It felt so close, their impending doom and inevitable death. God Enel didn’t give a single fuck and was about to kill all those good people. Luffy’s entire plan of attack was genius, and t he ending was genius. But the tone was very heavy, and so different from what we’re used to in One Piece. Very unique arc. A lot was switched up in Skypiea saga. The best comes right after Skypiea IMO
Holy shit chapter 986!!!! 987 will be freaking amazing but probably a flashback...
I’ll look to read it today bro. I stopped at the last chapter so that I can have two to read in a row. I think I prefer it to having only one or three to read at once. Two chapters is 👌 PERFECT for me lol

IF, I can stay away from fans who spoil that is. Youtube thumbnails always seem to be the source that can fuck it up for me when it comes to concealing spoilers

Where I stopped last, was excellent. Great cliffhanger
Yamato is going to prove such an amazing character. Literally going against her own father, Kaido, teaming with Luffy, knows Ace, and knows her father well. I can’t wait to hear what she says in regard to Kaido, his history, and his weaknesses. No dount she’ll uncover some of Ace’s legacy as well. Also, is it just me, or can you not wait to see Carrot become an official Straw Hat? I think she earned it at Whole Cake, and now she definitely deserves it, without doubt she has earned an official invitation from Luffy

Cutty Flam

Banned
Why does Skypeia arc suck so bad?
Put a bit more thought into the arc Mondai Mondai , and I think the main thing that I find a bit underwhelming is this:

(Big Time Spoilers below)

Everyone was so helpless on that entire island. That’s how it is essentially every place the SH Pirates visit, but in this case, Eneru was so powerful that everybody except for Wiper was just biding their time. Nobody could do anything really. Everybody had lost hope and nobody except for Wiper the Warrior, was able to really do anything. Gan Fall extended his helping hand and did some things. He fought a bit. He saved lives but who else in that arc really made a difference as in a lasting impression? It was really all on Luffy and his crew. Wiper dis some damage. Gan Fall contributed. But who else?

I definitely think there was a lack of interesting characters. The trip to Sky Island was really good. But I’m saying that it could have been much better if the Straw Hats had more allies that could have made the time there better. I can’t really recall much besides (hoping someone will correct me if wrong) that one girl with the dad I think it was? She had antennas or something on her head and they saved each other. Something like that. The roster was pretty meek. A shortage of characters that could have made it interesting. But the Island itself was great. The Straw Hats covered a lot of ground on their adventure up there

I personally would say the characters, and the overall tone knock it some points. Because while there was essentially no answer to God Enel except for Luffy, there was really no way to advance. The SH crew took care of his underlings and Luffy drove out Enel with a beatdown, overpowering and outsmarting him. There was nothing but a bleak future ahead until Luffy and his nakama made it to Sky Island, Skypiea. It was as bleaknof a future ahead as when God Enel decides to just wipe out the entire Island with his devil fruit. Overall, it felt pretty heavy imo, the grim situation at the end was kind of something that actually looked like Luffy might have ended up failing on. But that’s how it felt, not what actually happened. The ending was genius. And I loved the moment with the poneglyph where Robin deciphered Gol D Roger’s message too

NahaNago

I wonder what the next level up after haki will be. Like is purple face simply the ultimate form of haki. I would think that not showing the effects of haki on the body would be the ultimate form.

Cutty Flam

Banned
I wonder what the next level up after haki will be. Like is purple face simply the ultimate form of haki. I would think that not showing the effects of haki on the body would be the ultimate form.
I think we’re just about finished with Haki. The latest technique is probably the last. And if Luffy can manage to kill Kaido, then there’s really no need for much more if anything at all. Would be fun to see one last bit of technique though, I will admit. I would love to see one thing that sets Luffy apart from every single pirate and maybe human to ever train and fight, if there were such a thing he maybe figure out/create himself and master. He’s already done so much with his Devil Fruit, it’s not unlikely that he creates something of his own given how quick Luffy is to catch on. He basically saw CP9’s technique executed on him once and then he replicated it perfectly by the next day, very next fight against Blueno. He might have something under his sleeve at some point

NahaNago

I think we’re just about finished with Haki. The latest technique is probably the last. And if Luffy can manage to kill Kaido, then there’s really no need for much more if anything at all. Would be fun to see one last bit of technique though, I will admit. I would love to see one thing that sets Luffy apart from every single pirate and maybe human to ever train and fight, if there were such a thing he maybe figure out/create himself and master. He’s already done so much with his Devil Fruit, it’s not unlikely that he creates something of his own given how quick Luffy is to catch on. He basically saw CP9’s technique executed on him once and then he replicated it perfectly by the next day, very next fight against Blueno. He might have something under his sleeve at some point

It feels like wev'e barely even used haki. I don't think Kaido is going to die. Is that kid that is going to die Kaido's kid or grandkid? Them both turning into dragons is throwing me off. For Luffy's unique ability what other use does rubber have in real life. We have balloons for the inflating attack, sling shot for the long arm attack, the bounce all over the place attack , and the other bouncy snake attack.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
It feels like wev'e barely even used haki. I don't think Kaido is going to die. Is that kid that is going to die Kaido's kid or grandkid? Them both turning into dragons is throwing me off. For Luffy's unique ability what other use does rubber have in real life. We have balloons for the inflating attack, sling shot for the long arm attack, the bounce all over the place attack , and the other bouncy snake attack.
He has to bro. Gauging everything, I can practically feel it. Something catastrophic is going to take place on that island and I think Luffy, Law, and Yamato are going to find a way to kill him. That's my prediction. That kid isn't related to Kaido in any way, he's Kozuki Momonosuke, who is Kozuki Oden's son and the heir to Wano. The one who will reign as the country's Shogun. I think Momo turns into a dragon because he ate a devil fruit Kaido and Caesar Clown were working on maybe

And it's tough to say what is next. Luffy's 'Red Hawk' was impressive. How many saw that coming? He somehow was able to create fire underwater through his ability? I'm still trying to figure out if that is possible with rubber in any way so if you know please lmk. Oda has shown a lot. I can almost bet Luffy has a couple more tricks up his sleeve, but we'll have to wait to see them

Btw N NahaNago don't forget to use spoilers tags whenever you want to point out anything detailed. There's no telling where all the fans are at in One Piece. Best to keep it sacred and honor the spoiler tags. They probably know they take risks coming in here, but still, the more that we can put in spoiler tags the better for the fans IMO. Especially since we're so far along. I would bet less than half of the fans are up to date at current Wano arc
Holy shit chapter 986!!!! 987 will be freaking amazing but probably a flashback...
Mother of God, EMPHATIC as FUCK ending to that last one. TTOOLL TTOOLL Man oh man... dude...............When was the last time something like THAT happened in the anime? Maybe
the time Luffy and Law tricked Doflamingo and fucked him up a bit w/ that element of surprise attack / stratagem?

I see what you mean now, read Chapter 985, and 986...

What are you thinking will happen next?
It sort of threw me off a few times when I saw that Kaido had said and seen Oden. Is he in disbelief out of shock, or is this a sign of some sort? He doesn't believe any of their strikes are going to cause damage. And if they don't, then fucking wow, I guess we're going to really see just what the Worst Generation is capable of wont we? Like you, I'm extremely excited for the next chapter. You might be right. Possibly flashback and then the abrupt coming back to reality in the ending--where the outcome of the 9 Red Scabbards' simultaneous strike is shown

Last edited:

TTOOLL

He has to bro. Gauging everything, I can practically feel it. Something catastrophic is going to take place on that island and I think Luffy, Law, and Yamato are going to find a way to kill him. That's my prediction. That kid isn't related to Kaido in any way, he's Kozuki Momonosuke, who is Kozuki Oden's son and the heir to Wano. The one who will reign as the country's Shogun. I think Momo turns into a dragon because he ate a devil fruit Kaido and Caesar Clown were working on maybe

And it's tough to say what is next. Luffy's 'Red Hawk' was impressive. How many saw that coming? He somehow was able to create fire underwater through his ability? I'm still trying to figure out if that is possible with rubber in any way so if you know please lmk. Oda has shown a lot. I can almost bet Luffy has a couple more tricks up his sleeve, but we'll have to wait to see them

Btw N NahaNago don't forget to use spoilers tags whenever you want to point out anything detailed. There's no telling where all the fans are at in One Piece. Best to keep it sacred and honor the spoiler tags. They probably know they take risks coming in here, but still, the more that we can put in spoiler tags the better for the fans IMO. Especially since we're so far along. I would bet less than half of the fans are up to date at current Wano arc

Mother of God, EMPHATIC as FUCK ending to that last one. TTOOLL TTOOLL Man oh man... dude...............When was the last time something like THAT happened in the anime? Maybe
the time Luffy and Law tricked Doflamingo and fucked him up a bit w/ that element of surprise attack / stratagem?

I see what you mean now, read Chapter 985, and 986...

What are you thinking will happen next?
It sort of threw me off a few times when I saw that Kaido had said and seen Oden. Is he in disbelief out of shock, or is this a sign of some sort? He doesn't believe any of their strikes are going to cause damage. And if they don't, then fucking wow, I guess we're going to really see just what the Worst Generation is capable of wont we? Like you, I'm extremely excited for the next chapter. You might be right. Possibly flashback and then the abrupt coming back to reality in the ending--where the outcome of the 9 Red Scabbards' simultaneous strike is shown

Dude, there's no way Oda will let Kaido just tank all those attacks like they're nothing after 20 years of waiting, so I expect at least some damage to be done. That said, it's just the beginning of the war, everybody is there including Big Mom lol. How crazy is that??

I have no idea who's gonna take who, but they will split up in some way I guess. I just can't wait!!

Cutty Flam

Banned
Dude, there's no way Oda will let Kaido just tank all those attacks like they're nothing after 20 years of waiting, so I expect at least some damage to be done. That said, it's just the beginning of the war, everybody is there including Big Mom lol. How crazy is that??

I have no idea who's gonna take who, but they will split up in some way I guess. I just can't wait!!
August and September are going to be crazy months for One Piece. The way Master Cat Viper and Duke Dogstorm handled Jack the Drought at Zou is enough to know that all nine of them at once, with 20 years of hatred and a severe vengeance they must see through, that they're bound to wound him even if just a little. Imagine the sheer power going into just one of the nine's attack...Has to be using 100% of their being with that one strike they must successfully deliver. I bet they thought and plotted and dreamed of this moment and now they finally have a chance to bring it right to him. Samurai of that caliber, and after 20 years knowing what Oden went through for them? There's no doubt, they're going to surprise Kaido and be the ones to introduce Kaido to the beginning of his mortality. That's what I think. They draw first blood of the emperor of the sea, and I think Luffy will kill Kaido

Predictions:

-Zoro takes on Jack The Drought in a sword fight
-King and Perospero are fought by Marco the Phoenix, Sanji, and Carrot until Sanji goes to help Nami fight Big Mom and then it is Carrot alone to fight Perospero
-Queen and Scatchmen Apoo will fight Brook and Eustass Kid
-Big Mom will be held off by Nami, Chopper, Usopp, Franky, and Robin in a massive effort until the succeed to neutralize the threat, and Nami takes one more major shot at her with Zeus
-All Mugiwara Pirates outside of big three will end up facing the Tobi Roppo after Big Mom is down for the count (but only down for the count / temporarily stunned or battered for precious minutes etc)
-Drake X does something completely unexpected
-Basil Hawkins wisely predicts his chances mid-chaos amidst the war and survives in the end. He will probably betray Kaido in major fashion, possibly he slays King, Queen, or Jack. I predict this because he has "all the cards in his hands" and will play them as such
-Navy arrives at Wano somehow
-Straw Hat Grand Fleet gets word of this and comes to SH aid for backup
-Most ridiculous arc for centuries to come concludes "Wano Kuni arc"

Throwing those shots in the dark out there just for fun

Last edited:

Yoboman

August and September are going to be crazy months for One Piece. The way Master Cat Viper and Duke Dogstorm handled Jack the Drought at Zou is enough to know that all nine of them at once, with 20 years of hatred and a severe vengeance they must see through, that they're bound to wound him even if just a little. Imagine the sheer power going into just one of the nine's attack...Has to be using 100% of their being with that one strike they must successfully deliver. I bet they thought and plotted and dreamed of this moment and now they finally have a chance to bring it right to him. Samurai of that caliber, and after 20 years knowing what Oden went through for them? There's no doubt, they're going to surprise Kaido and be the ones to introduce Kaido to the beginning of his mortality. That's what I think. They draw first blood of the emperor of the sea, and I think Luffy will kill Kaido

Predictions:

-Zoro takes on Jack The Drought in a sword fight
-King and Perospero are fought by Marco the Phoenix, Sanji, and Carrot until Sanji goes to help Nami fight Big Mom and then it is Carrot alone to fight Perospero
-Queen and Scatchmen Apoo will fight Brook and Eustass Kid
-Big Mom will be held off by Nami, Chopper, Usopp, Franky, and Robin in a massive effort until the succeed to neutralize the threat, and Nami takes one more major shot at her with Zeus
-All Mugiwara Pirates outside of big three will end up facing the Tobi Roppo after Big Mom is down for the count (but only down for the count / temporarily stunned or battered for precious minutes etc)
-Drake X does something completely unexpected
-Basil Hawkins wisely predicts his chances mid-chaos amidst the war and survives in the end. He will probably betray Kaido in major fashion, possibly he slays King, Queen, or Jack. I predict this because he has "all the cards in his hands" and will play them as such
-Navy arrives at Wano somehow
-Straw Hat Grand Fleet gets word of this and comes to SH aid for backup
-Most ridiculous arc for centuries to come concludes "Wano Kuni arc"

Throwing those shots in the dark out there just for fun

I think there will also be a Big Mom and Kaido turning on eachother moment. Probably over who gets to fight Luffy

I think Kaido will kill Big Mom and be injured in the process. Setting up a situation for Luffy to defeat a handicapped Kaido.

The newspapers will report it as Luffy kills Big Mom and defeats Kaido and he will get the Biggest bounty in One Piece

Cutty Flam

Banned
I think there will also be a Big Mom and Kaido turning on eachother moment. Probably over who gets to fight Luffy

I think Kaido will kill Big Mom and be injured in the process. Setting up a situation for Luffy to defeat a handicapped Kaido.

The newspapers will report it as Luffy kills Big Mom and defeats Kaido and he will get the Biggest bounty in One Piece
I like that one a lot, but I don’t think Oda would kill off Big Mom so easily. I think she is actually going to be a major part of the arc that will take place at Elbaf. It’s so difficult to imagine, that land where the giants all live, so I cannot really speculate. But 100% I feel Big Mom and her family are wayyyy too big and tough of force to be taken off the map like that. Kaido is the main focus here. I think he will be killed. And either Big Mom is killed here......................actually yeah you might be right dude. I’m thinking about it, and even though Big Mom has toes to Elbaf, she killed giants as a mere child, Hajrudin wants her head, she herself wants a giant for Totto Land...All these connections but maybe I can’t see her in Elbaf because maybe that’s where Luffy will battle Shanks? Maybe Elbaf is where Usopp battles Yasopp and Luffy battles Shanks? Forgive me man, there’s nothing to go off and that is pure speculation and I’ve gotten so off point

Big Mom might be brutalized and/or killed in Wano. The reasons:

-How would she leave otherwise? She’s not going to leave if Luffy is there
-Wano Kuni must be opened and the people must be free under Momonosuke’s rule as the new Shogun
-There will be a massive banquet of celebrating food and drink and partying like never seen before. Everyone will be treated to basically a godly feast set for a few millions kings, since they were all deprived of everything including water, to the point of dying of thirst nearly, I think the banquet will be heavenly. The best one yet. Endless food nearly. A new country upheld by strong leadership and protectors that can take down a yonko, maybe even yonkos, and al their forces. This will be the ultimate celebration of freedom in the form of gathering together to eat and drink. The greatest banquet to be held and the only way to celebrate it would be to eliminate all opposition. Luffy promised to take Kaido’s head, he wanted it. He promised to kick Big Mom’s ass all over the Grand Line so maybe she will not be killed just yet, but thwarted and defeated. This would be the second time Luffy does whatever he wants over her forces to stop him. And maybe since he said he’ll kick her ass all over the Grand Line, she will be saved by her family and taken back to Totto Land after being defeated, where she can still fight in Elbaf at some point when Luffy and Usopp, at the very least, arrive there

She’s such an interesting villain. I hate her more than any other villain not named Scratchmen Apoo, but I have to hand it to her for being completely unpredictable. She cannot be read and is totally insane and fucked up in all her ways. There’s no telling what will become of her. She has like fucking 85 kids but they are hardly her family at all, but living entities for her to use for her selfish ways. She uses Katakuri for protection it seems and a reliable source. Used pudding for power and political gain in the world. Killed one son in the start. Was going to kill Perospero if he lied to her in her frenzied and crazed rampage in search for sweets of her desire (wedding cake at that time)

She’s really dull. But somehow ends up okay. She went to Wano and caught amnesia. Then she starts an alliance with Kaido who she obviously doesn’t care about and vice versa but it seems like she genuinely honors the pact? Am I the only one who thinks that?

She wants to kill Luffy but is so poor at tracking him down or keeping him in kind really. Her mind is all over the place

I can go on and on. Maybe Luffy is confronted by Big Mom and she is the warm up? Maybe Luffy shows he’s the real deal by taking Big Mom down first, convincingly, and then the real struggle is Kaido, who everyone will take a stab at but prove very ineffective, until Luffy leads the way somehow in this fight. I mean, Kaido literally can’t even kill himself when he tries. How can anybody else manage it, if he himself cannot even find the way?

So many questions. All I know is that this arc is fucking epic and has been before it even started...Unbelievable stuff

Top Bottom