• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Am I the only one not impressed by Resident Evil: The Village?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Personally I think people got excited with RE7 because Tsuyoshi Kanda & Peter Fabiano took it semi back to its horror roots.
Then Yoshiaki Hirabayashi did the REmake2 and it was like, "Shit Resident Evil is BACK!!"
Then Peter Fabiano did REmake 3
And it was like "a little more actiony but still RE! but why has shit been cut"
Now Tsuyoshi Kanda & Peter Fabiano has returned with RE8
And people are like
ec057cc4b798e9a20970988615d82bab.gif

Last edited:

Aranea

I am the complete opposite. I found Resident Evil 7 to be rather boring. Probably because Ethan was a silent protagonist and the lack of connections to previous games (they are still there but very scarce). On RE Village, Ethan has a personality as he speaks a lot now and the game looks to have more enemy variety which was lacking big time on RE 7. Still not a fan of first person when it comes to the RE franchise but this looks way better compared to RE 7 imo.

On a side note what you think is better for this game 960 4gb or PS4 Pro? I still can't find a next gen console so I'm stuck with these for now.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Aside from not really looking next gen and then bullet sponge enemies I thought the demo was amazing. Love the RE4ish approach on the RE7 gameplay. Can’t wait for May. Will probably use this games releasee to take a week off work again.

dcx4610

It should be called Village and have nothing to do with Resident Evil. Make new IPs. Stop trying to latch on to existing franchises in name only or trying to loosely connect them.

I liked RE7 but it's not my preferred style of RE. It should be its own horror franchise. I get that it's harder to sell a new IP but if you never tried having an original IP in the first place, you wouldn't have Resident Evil.

I'll play Village and I'm sure it'll be fine but RE2 is my preferred style of Resident Evil game.

Tiamat2san

Mixed feelings on my part.
I like the castle , a lot of nice details.
But I found that the village has low quality textures and everything looks bland.

gameplay looks cool though.

Diddy X

7 was brilliant I'm looking forward to play the full game, it doesn't look as hot from the trailers but I still have high hopes it will be great.

Arachnid

Everything about it looks like near perfection to me. The only thing that could have made it better is third person. My god, I cant wait for this game

OrionNebula

I’m enjoying both the graphics and art direction, as far as I’ve seen up to now.

I’m also sure it’ll be fun. I can’t recall much mainlined RE games I didn’t have fun with. Even a bad RE game is a fun game to play

The only real thing bugging me is being in first person (only because I get sick after 30 mins 🤮)

J3nga

You expect every game to impress you OP? It rarely does happen especially if you're seasoned gamer. These types of games rarely come out these days, so I can appreciate Capcom for still doing this. I liked demo and I think final game will be worthy time and money spent.

Aion002

I was uninterested (first person)... Then I got interested(re4 vibes)... And now I will wait for the game pass release( I replayed RE7 and remembered how much I hate Ethan).

GeorgPrime

Banned
I have been keeping up with this game since it was announced and the first trailer was released. The story appears to be decent but is it just me or does the execution just fail with this game. It looks boring and the graphics/animation/gameplay look average at best. I know that its a cross gen game but there some games that came out years ago that look better than this does. I am not understanding or seeing where all the hype is coming from.

I cant even remember when i touched a resident evil game for the last time

Matsuchezz

The game looks dated in the animation department and the acting sucks! I just have seen videos in youtube from the game but the art direction looks pretty bland.

DeepSpace5D

It’s probably going to be fun but my biggest gripe with RE: Village is that it just doesn’t look very scary to me. That’s the #1 thing I expect in a survival horror game.

Maybe it’ll be different at night with the lights off and headphones on.

SLB1904

Banned
I have been keeping up with this game since it was announced and the first trailer was released. The story appears to be decent but is it just me or does the execution just fail with this game. It looks boring and the graphics/animation/gameplay look average at best. I know that its a cross gen game but there some games that came out years ago that look better than this does. I am not understanding or seeing where all the hype is coming from.
have you seen the werewolf hair physics? nuff said :p

tbf im not impressed graphically but it looks like a good video game. so im in

Somoza

Looks like re4. I love re4. That's pretty much all.
Loved re7 too and this looks like a good mix of re7 and 4.

Top Bottom