• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All Tomorrows: the future of humanity?

mortal

Gold Member

What will humanity become, millions of years in the future? This video is an abridged retelling of All Tomorrows, a story written and illustrated by C. M. Kosemen.

0:00 Humans
4:20 New humans
17:06 Post-humans
28:59 Empires
37:36 All Tomorrows

This sounds like damn good science fiction /cosmic horror. Seems to be more along the lines of speculative evolution type of stories.
It sounds so strange and outlandish, but when taking the history of life on this planet into consideration and the unfathomable vastness of the known universe, doesn't sound so far fetched lol
This is my first time coming across it. Anyone here familiar with this novel?

Romulus

Its definitely interesting. If we can survive the monkeys with nukes phase for the next few hundred years we might transcend into something fairly interesting.

ManaByte

jake-siano-god-emperor.jpg

Amiga

0:00 Humans
4:20 New humans
17:06 Post-humans
28:59 Empires
37:36 All Tomorrows

This sounds like damn good science fiction /cosmic horror. Seems to be more along the lines of speculative evolution type of stories.
It sounds so strange and outlandish, but when taking the history of life on this planet into consideration and the unfathomable vastness of the known universe, doesn't sound so far fetched lol
This is my first time coming across it. Anyone here familiar with this novel?

would love to play a Mass Effect like game with hard sci-fi like this. most popular space operas are just copycats of Star Trek/Flash Gordon with little originality.

the Culture books are kind of like this video but with emphasis on artificial life/machines.

oddly ideas like this actually made me believe in intelligent design.

mortal

Gold Member
would love to play a Mass Effect like game with hard sci-fi like this. most popular space operas are just copycats of Star Trek/Flash Gordon with little originality.

the Culture books are kind of like this video but with emphasis on artificial life/machines.

oddly ideas like this actually made me believe in intelligent design.
Would love to see this adapted in some form as well. Although I'd imagine it would prove challenging for any filmmaker or game developer, many typically rely on conventional storytelling.

Maybe an ambitious indie developer perhaps?

Not read the novel but that voiceover does not make it sound very exiting.

Ancient civilisations such as depicted in Hindu texts / legends, Inca monuments and others are perhaps the best scifi, but they seem to say we never get passed the monkeys with nukes phase.

We have nuclear wars, civilisation falls and the shebang starts over again with the savage remnants of humanity slowly rediscovering technology, war etc..

I'd bet on evolution and dominion of current sea creatures before humanity reaching enlightenment, there maybe something in the more outlandish ideas..

Last edited:

nkarafo

Kinda sucks that we only live a few years so we can only experience a tiny part of space/time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom