• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All The Last of Us 2 leaks/spoilers in here and nowhere else.

For the wrasslin fans out there -

H7dBQzc.png

Paracelsus

If they just had Ellie kill Abby, probably there wouldn't be this overreaction.

But, they thought of everything. If Ellie kills Abby in the shape she finds her in, she's a monster.
They did their best to screw over Ellie, not just Joel.
If their point is that violence and revenge are bad, they could've stopped before almost everybody was dead.

People wanting to trade the game in that fast huh? Wow.

I could be wrong, but isn't that against people who trade in whatever game they have at home in exchange for TLOU2?

Last edited:

Arelyon

Banned
It's sad to see so many people in other threads calling us haters, Xbox fanboys and alt-right. Most of us in this thread loved TLOU, the themes that game explored and the characters. This game shit on all of the former. The game kills the best character in the first game like he means nothing, just to be dark, the story makes no sense, the characters behave like idiots, the game pushes SJW rhetoric in our faces and then pretends to educate us and preach to us. The sad part is that Naughty Dog and Druckmann will win in the end, the game will sell like hotcakes, win GOTY and worse of all it will break the "go woke go broke" mantra. If there's not enough push-back expect next gen to be full of games with non-binary POC women of color as main characters fighting against the Patriarchy and white people just to satisfy the Twitter mob. And if you think I'm wrong just remember back to when Jedi Fallen Order was announced, right away the woke crowd criticized the game just because the main character was white and nothing else. And this opinion is coming from a Latino, not a white person.

I mean I truly hope the people in the OT are loving and enjoying the game, that's great for them. I just hope they're loving the game because it's amazing in their eyes and not because the game is an exclusive on their favorite piece of plastic. To destroy this woke virus in gaming we will need all gamers united whether they're PS fans, Xbox fans or Nintendo fans.

Well nothing we can do now but keep those memes flowing boys lol.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but you're not destroying this virus by not buying games, it goes way far deeper than the videogameindustry, it's everywhere, they pretty much control everything: media, academia, public schools, Hollywood, Silicon Valley, thousands of ONG and non-profits, CIA, FBI, Sate Department, NFL, NBA, MLB, etc. plus probably 99% of HR every company in the western world and plenty of their boards and any CEO that would defy them gets cancelled.

The only thing they don't control is the US military, and that's not including the top brass because they certainly control plenty of generals.

So no, not buying the game won't stop shit and I'll bet half of the people hating the game are actually contributing to this shit in other aspects without even realizing it, now they're just mad because it shitted their favorite game.

Shouta

After seeing the beginning, through what happens with Joel, Druckman and the other writers must have been bottling up their own farts and using them to get high while they penned this. It's a mess and none of it resonates at all. I'm not opposed to what the story is trying to do but like you have to construct something better than this to make it work.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
One thing I found ridiculous was the blatant misdirection marketing by Naughty Dog. Joel’s dead by the end of the first chapter yet that big “Joel trailer” makes it seem as though you go on missions with him and Ellie.

Really poor taste by them using a character like that to drive sales only to toss him to the curb within the first two hours.

I’m not even going to get into all the diversity for diversity sake but my god if someone’s not gay, trans or non-white Christian, they’re in a interracial relationship to make up for it. It’s like a parody. Who wrote this shit?

Last edited:

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Apparently I hear that Korean dude lost his father recently and had gone thru some tough times dealing with the loss... and he did that right after seeing Joel's death.

Ironic, that the game is released on Fathers Day in U.S...

This part gets me, you got the father figure from the first game, getting his head bashed in via the dumbest set up possible, on a day that is supposed to celebrate Fathers. Not the best messaging there imo.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
One thing I found ridiculous was the blatant misdirection marketing by Naughty Dog. Joel’s dead by the end of the first chapter yet that big “Joel trailer” makes it seem as those you go on missions with him and Ellie.

Really poor taste by them using a character like that to drive sales only to toss him to the curb within the first two hours.

I’m not even going to get into all the diversity for diversity sake but my god if someone’s not gay, trans or non-white Christian, they’re in a interracial relationship to make up for it. It’s like a parody. Who wrote this shit?

I believe that person name starts with Kneel and ends with Cuckmann. Anyway, hope you are excited for the live action tv series!! ;)

Arelyon

Banned
I dunno, I feel like so much of GAF is jumping at shadows now about how everything is forced diversity and SJW's, almost like the pendulum has swung too far in the other direction after the SJW Totalitarian days.

I've played the game, I've seen the cutscenes and endings. When I originally saw the leaks, I thought it was a horrible direction. After actually playing the game and seeing the scenes in context... I don't have a problem with it.

This is just bullshit, the story doesn't make any sense whatsoever in this setting. Seriously the LGBT thing in a world like this is ridiculous, first any LGBT person would keep it to themselves, because in the modern world it's very easy to be stunning and brave since it presents no danger to themselves, on the other it's actually a plus, people will glorify you. But in the game's world it would make you a target and you would actually be in danger and no one would add more difficulties to themselves in such a harsh world.

And the most obvious thing is how ridiculous is that there so many LGBT to begin with, social media and Hollywood may have fucked up the perception of most people but in reality LGBTs are pretty rare, and Ts would probably not even be a thing in this world, because people wouldn't get victim points for that shit but also because actual trans people are so mentally weak that they wouldn't survive a day in a world like this.

Also another thing is the amount of female warriors is just dumb, 99.9% of women just wouldn't want to put themselves at risk so much and on the other hand would be looking for protection like crazy, and then the very few that would be adventurous wouldn't be allowed to do much of anything because their reproductive capabilities would be so much important in a world like this.

In TLoU I they were already pushing with the amount of female warriors, but in this one it's just beyond ridiculous.

Elcid

Banned
Apparently I hear that Korean dude lost his father recently and had gone thru some tough times dealing with the loss... and he did that right after seeing Joel's death.

Ironic, that the game is released on Fathers Day in U.S...
Can someone please repost this? This link is deadzo.

This part gets me, you got the father figure from the first game, getting his head bashed in via the dumbest set up possible, on a day that is supposed to celebrate Fathers. Not the best messaging there imo.
Who's the father of Dina's baby? Jesse? Because he kicks the bucket too.
Oh well, who needs a father? Without a father she can raise her kid free of toxic masculinity.

One thing I found ridiculous was the blatant misdirection marketing by Naughty Dog. Joel’s dead by the end of the first chapter yet that big “Joel trailer” makes it seem as those you go on missions with him and Ellie.

They know what actually drives the sales and it's not their so called progressivism.

If they ever decide to release an alternate version where Joel is once again the main character (similar to DR: Off the Record), I guarantee it would outsell the original game by miles.

As far as your last point, it's written by a privileged and confused simpleton who has an extremely basic world view. They could have saved themselves a boatload of cash by letting some angsty teenager pen the script for free and get similar results. It's amateur hour at Naughty Dog.

I can't get over "bigot sandwiches".

Think of it - someone actually wrote that scene and then it made it through a writer's room or supposedly was focus-tested. And then it made it to the storyboarding process and then finally to animation and post-production. No one prevented that scene from making it to the final cut, in an entire company of supposed professionals.

Bigot sandwiches.

Arelyon

Banned
Nah, just stating overrepresentation of one demographic into pushing certain narratives that’s all.

They're overrepresented everywhere though, they're plenty overrepresented on the right too. I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed Hitler too or if Hitler himself was a closed Jew. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

And BTW marxist Jews hate Israel and plenty hate other Jews, or at least the religious ones so though I'm joking it's not such a big stretch.

Anyways marxist Jews bad, Zionist Jews good. :messenger_sunglasses:

brap

Banned
I can't get over "bigot sandwiches".

Think of it - someone actually wrote that scene and then it made it through a writer's room or supposedly was focus-tested. And then it made it to the storyboarding process and then finally to animation and post-production. No one prevented that scene from making it to the final cut, in an entire company of supposed professionals.

Bigot sandwiches.
The entire game seems like it was made by a bunch of people with the brains of 13 year olds.

joe_zazen

Who's the father of Dina's baby? Jesse? Because he kicks the bucket too.
Oh well, who needs a father? Without a father she can raise her kid free of toxic masculinity.

??

the game is raging screed against toxic femininity. Druckman’s message is “Women are murderous monsters, and only by thinking about men can they find peace.”

Idk why people think he is a feminist.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
For anyone late to the party, here's the quick spoiler plot of the game:

- You play half the game as Ellie and half as Abby
- Abby is the daughter of the killed surgeon from the first game. She is out for revenge trying to find Joel
- Ellie and Dina are lesbians and hook up
- Dina has a kid
- Joel and Tommy acts like idiots and get ambushed by Abby and crew
- Abby kills Joel, but let's Ellie and Tommy go (ya, pretty dumb)
- Abby's story is basically concurrent as Ellie's gameplay and you lead up to a showdown vs Ellie and Dina, in which Abby beats them up but lets them go
- Ellie goes on a hunt for Abby
- The final fight is Ellie finding Abby (who was captured) and they fight in the water. Abby's trans sidekick Lev is knocked out already
- After a slew of QTE kinds of fighting, it ends with Abby biting off Ellie's fingers, and Ellie letting them go after a life or death fight (ya, pretty dumb again). Abby and Lev sailing away on a motorboat into the horizon
- Ellie cries and the game ends with some flashbacks including Joel, and finds out Dina and the baby are long gone as they moved out of the farmhouse, and Ellie unable to play a guitar correctly as she's got two fingers bitten off
- So what's left is a dead Joel, miserable Ellie, Abby and Lev sailed away and Dina and her baby are nowhere in sight
- The end

- The game has barely anything to do with zombies, finding a cure or anything related to that
- Throughout the game there's numersous sexual stuff like Ellie and Dina smooching and flirting, Owen screwing Abby from behind
- Numerous SJW/virtue signaling topics. Joel killed off early. Main characters all female, Ellie and Dina lesbians, Abby a she-hulk, Lev trans, a "bigot sandwich" scene at the dance party where an old white guy calls them out for being lesbians and he gets told to get lost as a bigot

Last edited:

devDemonik

Neo Member
Couple hours into the game now.

I thought this game was supposed to be all about Ellie? Why am I having to play this other character that looks weird as fuck, is uninteresting, and frankly sucks?

Am I supposed to end up growing an attachment to this person by the end of the game? Cause I can tell you right now that ain't happening.

ND fucked this one up. And it's too bad, cause it's actually pretty classic TLOU when you're just controlling Ellie.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Oh boy, AngryJoe is gonna destroy this game.
He already has for the past few hours.

Live streaming now. He and his buddies have been grilling the game all night with exception of graphics and animations which are awesome.

Who knows if they are going to play right to the end. I don't think they are that far into the game. If they do, they'll probably be playing till 6 am.

Last edited:

Piku_Ringo

Banned
??

the game is raging screed against toxic femininity. Druckman’s message is “Women are murderous monsters, and only by thinking about men can they find peace.”

Idk why people think he is a feminist.
Either that or it being true that Lesbians are really fucking violent with one another

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Is no one else going to talk about how Abby's group just let Ellie and Tommy live after killing Joel??? That is some shit tier contrived writing, ESPECIALLY after Ellie said she was going to kill them.

200w.gif
I'm a mass murdering teenager whose killed 1000s of bandits, zombies and dogs for years. I watched my father figure Joel killed in front of me by someone named Abby. I've been beat up and shot at for weeks by everyone including Abby. I finally find Abby, instigate a final fight to end it all, she tries to kill me back and bites off my fingers.

At that moment of time, a guiding light showed me the way that I should call it quits and let her go.

That sure makes sense.

Last edited:
I hope Angry Joe doesn't hold back and he legitmately bought the game instead of given to him by Sony. That way he can rant without any sort of favor toward Sony.
Joe pretty much said he's been blacklisted by every major publisher for the mortal sin of being honest, and not just mindlessly sucking off every game they grace him with. He buys all his own shit now upon release, that's why the reviews take longer to come out.

Can't wait to see what he says about this one.

Well, you played it, right? It was conveyed at the beginning of Abby's story.
Dude......so you are going to tell me this group in a post apocalyptic game where survival is everything let's the brother live and the girl THEY KNEW was attached to Joel live? Nah, your common sense has flown out the damn window.

lachesis

Come to think of it - pretty much all the "father" figures or actual fathers die in the game in the main-ish cast.

Must be a Happy Fathers day message from Naughty Dog.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Joe pretty much said he's been blacklisted by every major publisher for the mortal sin of being honest, and not just mindlessly sucking off every game they grace him with. He buys all his own shit now upon release, that's why the reviews take longer to come out.

Can't wait to see what he says about this one.
Good for him. That's the way it should be.

Other game sites can learn a thing or two by doing this instead of being hard-ons for free shit, banner revenue and gold copies.

It goes to show you can be a popular gaming personality without being on video game company marketing budgets.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Dude......so you are going to tell me this group in a post apocalyptic game where survival is everything let's the brother live and the girl THEY KNEW was attached to Joel live? Nah, your common sense has flown out the damn window.

Ask yourself that question again and then tell me what happened at Joel's death scene.

Top Bottom