• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All The Last of Us 2 leaks/spoilers in here and nowhere else.

Ask yourself that question again and then tell me what happened at Joel's death scene.
They knock Ellie out and and let them live??? What do they gain from that? Ask YOURSELF if the brother and "adopted" daughter would not want revenge on you AND your group? Abby wanted revenge even after fucking Joel saved her life what makes you think Ellie wouldn't do the same thing?

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Couple hours into the game now.

I thought this game was supposed to be all about Ellie? Why am I having to play this other character that looks weird as fuck, is uninteresting, and frankly sucks?

Am I supposed to end up growing an attachment to this person by the end of the game? Cause I can tell you right now that ain't happening.

ND fucked this one up. And it's too bad, cause it's actually pretty classic TLOU when you're just controlling Ellie.

Because ND doesn't stand for Naughty Dog anymore, it stands for Neil Druckmann...

lachesis

Naughty Dog doesn't exist anymore. It's all Neil Druckmann now.

Dr4sFhP.jpg

Well, for my fellow father of a daughter, Neil Druckmann - I think I am going to cook up a nice bigot sandwich on Sunday!

Last edited:

MayauMiao

Watching Angry Joe playing the game, it really bothers me how seasoned enemies can't even do a proper area search without looking below any object that allows Ellie to hide. So much for A.I.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
They knock Ellie out and and let them live??? What do they gain from that? Ask YOURSELF if the brother and "adopted" daughter would not want revenge on you AND your group? Abby wanted revenge even after fucking Joel saved her life what makes you think Ellie wouldn't do the same thing?

If you played it, then you would know.

Joel's death scene is played twice in this game. One from Ellie's perspective and the other from Abby's.

In the beginning, you do not hear what the others are saying, you can only hear Ellie's ears ringing.

This is what you hear when you play as Abby.
Owen: Whoa, whoa, what are you doing? Manny. No, no, no, we're here for him, that's it.
Manny: It's too risky to leave them alive
Owen: Too fucking bad
Mel: He's right. We can't have loose ends.
Owen: We kill them, we're no better than he was. They didn't do anything wrong!
Jordan: Yeah? Look at my face--
Owen: Fuck your face. You should've been guarding the upstairs like I told you to.
Jordan: Move.
Owen: Back up
Mel: Calm down.

You don't hear this at the beginning, you only hear this you're playing as Abby.

So your answer is this: Owen saved Ellie and Tommy from being killed.

Piku_Ringo

Banned

Joel's death scene is played twice in this game. One from Ellie's perspective and the other from Abby's.

In the beginning, you do not hear what the others are saying, you can only hear Ellie's ears ringing.

You don't hear this at the beginning, you only hear this you're playing as Abby.

Which worked out so well for almost all of them in the end.

Lmao you realize that makes it even worse right? So they KNEW it was a bad idea but only one person convinces them, "hey guys lets not be bad guys". Dude, you can like the game more power to you but this shit is stupid. Yea guys lets take the moral high ground even though we made a teenage girl watch her father figure get beat to death for petty revenge. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Lmao you realize that makes it even worse right? So they KNEW it was a bad idea but only one person convinces them, "hey guys lets not be bad guys". Dude, you can like the game more power to you but this shit is stupid. Yea guys lets take the moral high ground even though we made a teenage girl watch her father figure get beat to death for petty revenge. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I mean, you're only saying that because you thought you figured out something totally flawed but you in the end failed. lol.

I'm not 100% satisfied with the writing, but it's easier to understand something when you actually play the game, which I'm sure you either haven't or you just barely started.

I mean, you're only saying that because you thought you figured out something totally flawed but you in the end failed. lol.

I'm not 100% satisfied with the writing, but it's easier to understand something when you actually play the game, which I'm sure you either haven't or you just barely started.
Lolz how did I "fail"? Ellie said she was going to kill them. Only a fucking dumbass would let her live. Just because ND threw in some lazy line "were are better than that" doesn't absolve them of contrived writing especially after they beat a man to death slowly in the name of revenge ( who just previously SAVED her ass). You haven't given a single good counter argument at all.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Lolz how did I "fail"? Ellie said she was going to kill them. Only a fucking dumbass would let her live. Just because ND threw in some lazy line "were are better than that" doesn't absolve them of contrived writing especially after they beat a man to death slowly in the name of revenge ( who just previously SAVED her ass). You haven't given a single good counter argument at all.

And why would they be threatened by a young girl? You have to think about that from their perspective. Yes, it's a "dumb" decision on their part, but that's clearly emphasized throughout the story.

I was ready to give this story a 5 or 6, but it's becoming more interesting with more detail.

And why would they be threatened by a young girl? You have to think about that from their perspective. Yes, it's a "dumb" decision on their part, but that's clearly emphasized throughout the story.

I was ready to give this story a 5 or 6, but it's becoming more interesting with more detail.
If Abby was able to do it then so can Ellie. Plus they also let his brother live (which Tommy admitted to them) Look man, we both have different opinions and I rather not argue with you. Just enjoy the game man! I won't take that away from you. FYI don't look at my further post because I will spoil the ending and give my opinion on where I think it should have ended.

MayauMiao

It was a very Hollywood logic for them to feel they "were better than that" as it comes off really unrealistic, on top of that ending of letting Abby live because of a quick flashback.

Neolombax

Ok, then isnt it weird that Owen would allow Abby to torture and beat Joel to an inch of his life, and let Tommy and Ellie live because of morals? Its one thing to murder someone, but to beat another person to death slowly is something else entirely.

3 hours in, enjoying the game but man what they did to Joel is fucked up. But i will keep playing lets see how it ends. Havnt read any posts here. Just posting my post and leaving thread.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Ok, then isnt it weird that Owen would allow Abby to torture and beat Joel to an inch of his life, and let Tommy and Ellie live because of morals? Its one thing to murder someone, but to beat another person to death slowly is something else entirely.

He fucked her up the ass with no lube, so it doesn't look like he has much morals.

3 hours in, enjoying the game but man what they did to Joel is fucked up. But i will keep playing lets see how it ends. Havnt read any posts here. Just posting my post and leaving thread.
Just be warned bro, me and other people have dropped the ending already sooo I would advise caution

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
(Didn't buy, playing via GameShare) Up to Chapter 5. My current thoughts:

The Good -
opening is touching, well choreographed, and beautiful from a cinematographic pov
Abby isn't completely hateable upon first meeting her.

The Bad -
Dina and Ellie have terrible writing as soon as they are together. Zero chemistry between the two actresses.
Abby does not look right. Looks like a man in body with a female head.
Dina and Ellie sound so similar to each other that it can be hard to differentiate the two.
The ending of Chapter 4 is cringe.

Last edited:

lachesis

So... what do you guys think what happened to Ellie, after ending?
There are some people thinking she probably killed herself upon losing Joel, Dana and everyone she cared for.

She is truly alone in the world now, just like she cried to Joel in the TLOU1 at the farm house.... and can't even play a guitar to remember Joel. Haven't thought much about it, but it may well be very much likely that she would have killed herself.... making me feel even more depressed about this game.

There are some people thinking she probably killed herself upon losing Joel, Dana and everyone she cared for.

She is truly alone in the world now, just like she cried to Joel in the TLOU1 at the farm house.... and can't even play a guitar to remember Joel. Haven't thought much about it, but it may well be very much likely that she would have killed herself.... making me feel even more depressed about this game.
I don't think so. She packs up her bag to go off somewhere again. Maybe back to Jackson? Who knows, it's so open ended it could be anything

Teslerum

Sorry, I burst of laughing when I saw that. I get your point but I couldn't take that thing that I couldn't take it seriously at all when I saw the ending, because its such an edgy teenager thing to use that to frame the story with symbolism. She remembers Joel plenty without the guitar, I think she would be fine nor would it stop the depression the moment she stops playing,

I do get your point though, suicidal thoughts could be a very real thing, but I doubt it. Too long spent surviving, so her at least mustering the energy to go to Jackson as Halo is Back Halo is Back said is a very real possibility.

Last edited:

lachesis

Sorry, I burst of laughing when I saw that. I get your point but I couldn't take that thing that I couldn't take it seriously at all when I saw the ending, because its such an edgy teenager thing to use that to frame the story with symbolism. She remembers Joel plenty without the guitar, I think she would be fine nor would it stop the depression the moment she stops playing,

I do get your point though, suicidal thoughts could be a very real thing, but I doubt it. Too long spent surviving, so her at least mustering the energy to go to Jackson as Halo is Back Halo is Back said is a very real possibility.

LOL I guess you got the point there. Overly edgy teenager thing and metaphor - but the whole writing felt like angsty teenager fanfic (which now my own daughter also does that too. She just turned 13). Well, she's still got Tommy and Maria at least, even though they might split for good.

GrayChild

I genuinely think you can make games that are "miserable" but they need to understand the medium and the fact that it's still a game. They also need to be well written which is clearly not the case with TLOU2. Ironically the first thing that comes to mind when I though of a "Miserable" game is something like Pathologic. A game that has been chastised by the critics for the way it presents it's gameplay and story(Which is by the way 3000 times better than TLOU2) . The second game has a 69 Critic Review score while the user score is 8.6 and 9/10 on steam.
So why does TLoU2 get a pass from journalists?

It warms my heart everytime someone mentions Pathologic 2. Probably the best lore, character development and dialogues I've seen in a game this gen. And apart from its low production values, it literally wipes the floor with TLOU2.

squallheart

Thank God I didnt waste money and just borrowed from my brother. The story is ridiculous with the whole lets be better and let them go in a dog eat dog world. I think Neil kept writing himself in a corner so used whatever excuse to try to keep the story going. I mean after your ellie and have that girl with you and your cornered in the building one of the enemies says no let's no kill her etc. The only good thing about the game is gameplay, graphics and animation. Hell I didnt even feel no emotion for joels death. Now I hope they never do another uncharted game.
Also angryjoe had me rolling when he compared Neil to Michael Bay when maybe others were trying to correct him

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I don't think it does.

Abby and Owen are being portrayed as good guys, even among the W.L.F

Owen is a former Firefly and Abby is of course the daughter of the surgeon.

I was on the fence on Abby's back story because I thought he was just some random doctor, but as I continue to play through her story, everything becomes more clear.

Marlene is reluctant to sacrifice Ellie, but Abby's father wants to make the sacrifice to safe the world. Marlene asks him would he be willing to sacrifice Abby and he can't answer the question. Abby enters the room and tells her father she would sacrifice herself.

This is just how I feel about the story, but I can see if people don't like it.

ZZZZ

I don't think it does.

Abby and Owen are being portrayed as good guys, even among the W.L.F

Owen is a former Firefly and Abby is of course the daughter of the surgeon.

I was on the fence on Abby's back story because I thought he was just some random doctor, but as I continue to play through her story, everything becomes more clear.

Marlene is reluctant to sacrifice Ellie, but Abby's father wants to make the sacrifice to safe the world. Marlene asks him would he be willing to sacrifice Abby and he can't answer the question. Abby enters the room and tells her father she would sacrifice herself.

This is just how I feel about the story, but I can see if people don't like it.
That's not how i see Abby at all.
She's the top killer in W.L.F, she literally talks about torturing prisoners to let off steam cause she had a tough day.
Mel had some nasty things to say to her as well.
Owen is complicated, but yeah compared to everyone else you can say he's a "good guy".

Wunray

I just finished watching the 10 hour movie for the game and I got to say, I feel bad for the fans of the game. I'll be honest I never liked TLOU I had no intention of buying the sequel and even i think they did Joel too bad in this game. I recognize the hard work that went into making this game, the graphics, sound design and music, and gameplay, the story however doesnt even exist in the same universe. Truth be told as a non fan I would give this game a 6 maybe 6.5.

Top Bottom