• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All of these great new games, yet all I want to play is Cyberpunk.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Let me start by saying i got cyberpunk at launch on xbox series x, and to say I was dissapointed would be an understatement. The performance left a lot to be desired, the iq was messy, it was bug ridden. I felt gutted after waiting so long for the game. For the next year and a half, i was one cdpr’s harshest critics. For Every small insignificant update i would bitch and moan online. Every time they delayed the next gen port, it stung just a bit. It stung because i saw the potential there, and new it would be that much longer until i could experience the good things the game had to offer without the last generation baggage holding it down.

Now here we are, its spring 2022 im loving horizon forbidden west and elden ring, but the only game thats on my mind is cyberpunk. Cdpr managed to take what was a train wreck and turn it into one of my favorite gaming experiences in recent years. The strong characters remind me of mass effect, night city is amazing, beautiful, and dense. And best of all, it runs like a dream on series x now, and looks damn sharp to boot. I love the game so much now that after i beat it last night with my fem v, i started over right away with man v (just so i can romance panam
Of course). I dont know what the point of this thread was, i just want to say if you were like me, and ready to ignore this game forever after the dispicable state it launched in, its totally worth your time now. And i want to congratulate cdpr for a job well done, its not easy to turn a train wreck around. But for my perspective, they did.

Now its still not perfect, its missing many features such as a working police ai system and the monorail, but the stuff that is good, is even better now.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
giphy.gif

I really enjoyed my first playthrough of it as I didn't experience really ANY issues that I saw going around the web at the time. It wasn't what I thought I was getting, but it was better than the average fps-rpg and Night City itself is an amazingly well designed city.

I do plan on doing another playthrough when my 3080ti gets here next week as I'm looking forward to trying all the RTX stuff. I plan on replaying it with RTX and I'll scrounge around Nexus Mods to see if I can enhance gameplay in any significant ways.

Last edited:

Plantoid

Meh, when I was finally hooked, the game ended, main story was good, graphics were good, rest is forgettable

anthony2690

Banned
I finally started it a few days ago, put about 8 hours into the game and genuinely really enjoying the experience, I'm glad I waited :)

Definitely worth checking out if you own a series X or PS5, especially if you've been on the fence.

ClosBSAS

Game is borked but it's still an amazing game and much better than most crap that came out last year. Gonna replay it when goty edition comes out

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i already played through it but i can't wait to go back. i have too many games to play right now so i'll wait for the final "enhanced edition" with all dlc/expansions and patches before going back in.

the game has some problems but nothing crazy. i'll be interested to see what has changed when i go back. reading about patch 1.5 it seems there are some cool improvements. hopefully we get a few more patches like that. the expansion will also no doubt add a lot of cool shit.

I really like it , I just wish there would of been a third person view option and the chance to see your own character interact and talk in cutscenes like we do in Witcher, Mass Effect etc.

Last edited:

Hugare

Played it for 100h on PS4 / PS4 Pro

Loved it

Decided to wait until the next gen patch to arrive in order to play it again on the PS5

And well ... Things got boring really fast when I noticed that they really didnt add much in more than 1 year

Sometimes I boot the game only to drive around. The city is incredibly well designed.

But so, so lifeless. Bunch of pedestrians/cars at downtown, but nowhere else. Seems like the engine's spawn system is busted.

No minigames, no people driving bikes, no police system ... It's so barebones.

Even Sleeping Dogs, a game made probably by 1/6 of this game's budget had a more busy open world.

Umbasaborne

Banned

Loved it

Decided to wait until the next gen patch to arrive in order to play it again on the PS5

And well ... Things got boring really fast when I noticed that they really didnt add much in more than 1 year

Sometimes I boot the game only to drive around. The city is incredibly well designed.

But so, so lifeless. Bunch of pedestrians/cars at downtown, but nowhere else. Seems like the engine's spawn system is busted.

Even Sleeping Dogs, a game made probably by 1/6 of this game's budget had a more busy open world.
My hope is that if they ever make a sequel, they can implement stuff like mini games, since the frame work for the city is already there

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
100%! I adore this game and while Elden Ring has pulled me away, I am very excited to get back to it cause it really is just fantastic. Super immersive; super fun; very well written. Love it.

Verchod

I love the city they've created. The mechanics of the game feel somewhat basic, but it's the only game I've ever played where i feel they could keep adding to it rather than make a sequel, and I'd be happy.

I'm so bored of medieval or space based setting based RPGs.

Alternating between 2077 and elden ring. When Im bored getting kicked around by the bs boses in ER, I quick switch to Cp 77 and spent time with Judy. On the ps5 this takes less than a minute too.

Vaelka

I actually enjoyed Cyberpunk 2077 a lot played it recently.
It's too bad it barely has any replay-value tho but it's definitely worth a playthrough.

benno

I played it through on PC on launch, thought it was decent as it kept me amused for a few days.

I tried to replay it recently after the last update but couldn't bring myself to go through all the long winded unskippable braindance sections again. Maybe when they add some more stuff to the world I'll reinstall it.

Keanu felt like an over the top cringy product placement though.

Last edited:
After playing the next gen patch on ps5 I gotta say it's still in a very rough state and is severely lacking in the gameplay department. It also does feel lifeless still despite them adding all the npcs back in.

Played gta5 remaster a bunch last week and that game is mind blowing still, esp compared to cyberpunk. In gta the npcs feel like real people, they behave realistically and have something to say that pertains to what's actually happening in the world whereas cyberpunk npcs walk around like zombies and say "hey" or "what's up" and that's about it.

The framerate still sucks in ps5 performance mode too even on the next gen patch wtf.

A.Romero

I played a few hands but noped out. I'll leave my card games to real life thank you very much

Try Magic: The Gathering Arena. I don't think I'd be able to stand RL MTG and the PC experience makes it so much better. All the fun without keeping tabs on the boring stuff manually.

On topic: I played Cyberpunk at launch on PC and loved it. There were a few bugs but nothing that serious for me. I bet it's even better now.

I'll replay it in the future when the DLC comes out.

DZ_b_EZ

It's the best game I've played. It's the cyberpunk style game I've been waiting for, almost 20 years in my fantasy turned into reality. It's perception at launch sucked, but I have a high-end PC so it wasn't as bad for me. I loved every second.

I played it when it was first released, got to like the parade float? I think that’s what it was? Then dropped it because I wanted to wait for next gen patch

What has changed since the game initially came out? I might just restart the game from the beginning as I don’t remember a whole lot story wise

RyRy93

Loved it

So glad they're working on another Witcher next instead of CP, the issues you mentioned aren't such a big deal in that universe

Last edited:

Rac3r

I’ve been wanting to beat it after the next gen upgrade came out, but the movement is so sluggish that I feel sick after 30 minutes of playing. I tried everything, adjusted controls, turned off all graphic options, turned off additive camera movements, etc…No matter what I do, the movement feels delayed and unnatural and I end up with a headache. I won’t be returning to the game unless they add an FOV slider for PS5/XSX or a 3rd person mode (they won’t).

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
as soon as I’m done with Elden Ring I’m back to cyber town. I loved what I played, just Elden ring took over everything. Looking forward to getting back into it though.

yansolo

fair enough to whoever enjoyed it, but i tried it again recently after the latest patch and scrapped it after a few hours, i like cdpr and witcher 3 is maybe my all time favorite game but they were way off with this one.

I want to replay it as well OP but its so unoptimized on PC like holy fuck. YOu need DLSS to even reach 60 fps without RT but even that can't stop the shit CPU optimization the game has. I'll wait to upgrade my PC...maybe by the time I manage to do that the expansion is out.

teezzy

Banned
Nothing wrong with that, OP

I put four hours into Elden Ring and just started playing Final Fantasy X HD instead

You'll never guess which game I prefer

:lollipop_grinning_smiling_eyes:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I've been enjoying it as well. Don't know what it was like at launch, but today it deserves another chance. Overall very good game, but the open world seems undercooked and unnecessary.

Dr.D00p

On PC, I had 35 enjoyable hours playing the campaign when it first released, only a couple times did the bugs cause serious issues in my play through, fixed by reloading a checkpoint. Can't say I have any desire to go back to it though, it was a solid 8/10. Nothing more, nothing less, IMO.

On a high end PC the game was perfectly fine, all the noise & hate for the game was overwhelmingly from the aggrieved (with some justification) console crowd.

Been hearing a lot of people enjoying it after the shit ton of fixes it's been slapped with. I keep waiting to pull the trigger on buying this thing and it seems now is probably a good jumping in point. Now to wait for the lil bastard to go on sale again.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
I don't know man, I just started it for the first time on PS5. Its so bad in every way. Im not even done with the first mission and I question if I should go on.

JayK47

I played it at launch and had a bug filled good time. It did feel incomplete, much like The Witcher 2. After all this time it doesn't look like much has been done besides fixing bugs and adding some more skins/cars, etc. I was hoping they will add more missions. I plan to play again at some point, but I am waiting for the "enhanced edition" or whatever. Could be years yet.

Top Bottom