• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All of these Final Fantasy games available to purchase on Steam but I really just want Final Fantasy Tactics

Long before playing Fire Emblem Awakening and the XCOM games, I played Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Advance. Although I never completed Final Fantasy Tactics, it was very fun and the setting, music, and graphics were all very charming too. That said, I would love to replay it. It's been too long and I very much think that Final Fantasy Tactics would be an excellent addition to Steam but it's a mystery to me why Square Enix seem to have forgotten about the entry. Is there any official comment from them about possibly doing something anything with Tactics in the future? A PC release seems like a no-brainer to me. I would think they could port over the Android version since it is the most recent build.

Naked Lunch

Yeah its strange. They never ported the PSP FF Tactics and Tactics Ogre to anything else either from what I remember. Those shoulda be a shoeins for PC releases and modern console HD remasters.

Yeah its strange. They never ported the PSP FF Tactics and Tactics Ogre to anything else either from what I remember. Those shoulda be a shoeins for PC releases and modern console HD remasters.
I think the Android version is based on The War of the Lions for PSP. Looked pretty decent and I hope this isn't another series lost to time.

Last edited:

zeorhymer

Wasn't it because of music licenses that they didn't port it over? Other than that, it seems to be mysterious.

Knowing Square-Enix, If it comes back it will either be mobile-only, free to play with microtransactions or if it gets a big budget for consoles it will be real time.

Square-Enix will only invest in turn-based if it is low/mid budget. Otherwise it will be real time or some sort of hybrid approach.

So it's better if they don't do anything with it, really.
I just mean a simple PC port of Final Fantasy Tactics. If you look at their Steam catalogue, they have many classics already from Final Fantasy III to IX. So not costly and there is definitely a market for tactical turn-based games on the PC.

Wasn't it because of music licenses that they didn't port it over? Other than that, it seems to be mysterious.
I don't know, but they were able to port the game to Android and iOS back in 2011 and 2015. The composers left Square Enix long before that in 2002.

Last edited:

Labadal

I do still play the PSP version from time to time, but I'd pay up to $30 for a legal PC version. Yes, I'd let them fleece me.

I want FF Tactics for Switch. It needs a touch up though. I recently replayed a bit on Vita, but the combat is way slower and more drawn out than I had remembered.

Graciaus

I'd love that just to see what people could mod. The rom hacks are pretty crazy. FFT is probably my favorite game of all time I'd buy it again so I didn't need to emulate it.

Pejo

I'd love that just to see what people could mod. The rom hacks are pretty crazy. FFT is probably my favorite game of all time I'd buy it again so I didn't need to emulate it.
A 5x speed up is all i'd ask for, during combat. I tried replaying FFT on my phone on a flight to Hawaii and I just couldn't take the speed.

Graciaus

A 5x speed up is all i'd ask for, during combat. I tried replaying FFT on my phone on a flight to Hawaii and I just couldn't take the speed.
If you are on Android use epsxe and it has a speed hack. I mainly replay on my phone or hacked Vita.

Top Bottom