• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All-new PlayStation Plus launches in June with three flexible membership options

kyliethicc

lbAESDH.jpeg
looks fake

Yoboman

It not free though nothing is free
Weird how subscriptions are no longer "free" huh

I skip some of them but i play the latest cause it was on gamepass for free and it was alright combat system is very nice

That not a bad thing Gamepass is awesome i would never ever buy this game but with gamepass i can play it for free

It free if you have Gamepass.

Well play thanks to gamepass i would not have buy it on it own but my Gamepass subs lets me play it for free so i will try it out.

twilo99

Xbox is MS's bottom division which they never seem to care if they make profit or not over 20 years.

They care quite a bit more now then ever before, but yes, they are finally pumping some "real" money into xbox so we will see how it goes, and you are correct, they can ride this storm for 20-30 years no problem.

Last edited:
Yeah i was wrong before when i said it was free. It is not free i was in the moment when i get to play a day 1 game for basically free that was my point it is not free but it feels like free but it really not lol

But maybe it’s free but not free. So how many frees can you have before it’s not free?

Wait what are we talking about again?

Last edited:

On Demand

Banned
No one seems to be asking this question......

How will PC subscribers to PSnow be converted? Will they also have access to the entire PS plus library?

kyliethicc

No one seems to be asking this question......

How will PC subscribers to PSnow be converted? Will they also have access to the entire PS plus library?
PC users can stream the PS1 PS2 PSP PS3 and PS4 games via the PS+ Extra/Premium libraries.

PS Now subs get their existing subscription to PS Now converted to PS+ Premium for no extra cost.

Kokoloko85

How many classic playstation games are coming to the premium tier?

It says 340?

But PS Now has over 350 PS3 games currently? So theres gonna be less classics but now including PS1 and PS2 games?

Im starting to think the PS1&PS2 library is gonna be tiny, probably like the PS4’s library of PS2 games

Varteras

Gold Member
Lol what? 400 is LESS than Game Pass has and that's not including the incoming Activision drop
You're both wrong. Last I checked, GamePass on consoles has over 450 games. In total. Both modern and classic titles. PS+ will have up to 400 PS4 and PS5 titles as well as up to 340 classic games. That will total 740.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
You're both wrong. Last I checked, GamePass on consoles has over 450 games. In total. Both modern and classic titles. PS+ will have up to 400 PS4 and PS5 titles as well as up to 340 classic games. That will total 740.

The guy was talking specifically about the 400 PS4/5 games, not the third tier.

Varteras

Gold Member
The guy was talking specifically about the 400 PS4/5 games, not the third tier.
If it's purely GamePass as a whole versus PS+ Extras, then you are correct. GamePass will have more games. Though be prepared to be argued with about how many of those GamePass titles are much older games. Not that it should matter. Great games are great games.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
If it's purely GamePass as a whole versus PS+ Extras, then you are correct. GamePass will have more games. Though be prepared to be argued with about how many of those GamePass titles are much older games. Not that it should matter. Great games are great games.

Yeah, all I was doing was telling him that 400 was certainly not more than double Game Pass. PS+++ will have more when it launches, until the Activision acquisition comes through, at which time Game Pass potentially becomes a behemoth.

Three

Yeah i was wrong before when i said it was free. It is not free i was in the moment when i get to play a day 1 game for basically free that was my point it is not free but it feels like free but it really not lol
Hey don't be so glum chum you are getting to play a day one "free" game... a f2p GaaS game like Halo, you just get the privilege of paying for it every month.

Last edited:

yurinka

Seems they implemented it on the Locoroco, Parappa and Patapon remasters they released for PS4.

Didn't play all Vita games tho
True, but it would be awesome to see all the games supported by PS Vita TV running on PS4 and PS5. Or at least PS5.

is there anyway to buy PS NOW to get it before the change? most websites seem to be sold out of codes now. Im sure I read on here there was someway to can do it on your playstation?
I'm interested on a 3 months PS Now code for Spain but can't find it anywhere. If you find some place to get it let it me know.

Weeks ago even if they had removed in the PS Now website the buttons to get 3 or 12 months of PS Now it was possible to buy them using the URL that the button were using before being removed. But soon after that Sony disabled the URL too so isn't able to be purchased from the PSN store anymore.

How many classic playstation games are coming to the premium tier?

It says 340?

But PS Now has over 350 PS3 games currently? So theres gonna be less classics but now including PS1 and PS2 games?

Im starting to think the PS1&PS2 library is gonna be tiny, probably like the PS4’s library of PS2 games
At launch will have 400 PS4/PS5 games and up to 340 (it will vary per country/region) PS1/PS2/PS3/PSP games.

Yes, there are way over 340 PS3 games and as I remember 21 PS2 games so they will remove many PS3 games to make room for PS1, PSP and pretty likely PS2 games.

Please notice it's for launch, after renewing their catalog (and I assume the licensing with their publishers/IP owners) they may keep growing the number of games for each platform as they did with PS Now.

Last edited:

Agent X

Interesting timing. They posted this yesterday a few hours after the announcement btw.

This is on PSNOW already. I'm confused

No, it isn't on PS Now already.

Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando was originally a PS2 game While there are several other games in the series available on PS Now, this particular game has never been on the service. In fact, none of the R&C games that originated on PS2 have ever been offered through PS Now, even in their PS3 incarnations.

No, it isn't on PS Now already.

Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando was originally a PS2 game While there are several other games in the series available on PS Now, this particular game has never been on the service. In fact, none of the R&C games that originated on PS2 have ever been offered through PS Now, even in their PS3 incarnations.
Man what i wouldn't gice to play the PS3 trilogy in 4K...i seriously hope they find a way to play PS3 games natively cause i'll be all over that trilogy, Resistance trilogy which i never got to play and Killzone 2/3

Three

We're less than a month from the service release in its first few territories and nothing has been revealed yet.

I honestly miss PlayStation when they had a marketing department that cared about huge shows, productions etc

We have some info already

Launch month games are:

Death Stranding, God of War, Marvel’s Spider-Man, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Mortal Kombat 11, and Returnal.

Papacheeks

Banned
We have some info already

Launch month games are:

Death Stranding, God of War, Marvel’s Spider-Man, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Mortal Kombat 11, and Returnal.

You forgot Guardians is also on there now. That game is fantastic. Also Ghost of tishuma directors cut is also on there.

Crayon

i gotta say, $99 is great value, GPU is $180

Da the extra tier is where the money is at. It's actually cheap which is good for me. I'm rarely going to use it so it's gotta be cheap. $40 is like breakfast for two so I'm okay with it. That's how Nintendo got me. There's something to be said for pay more, get more but the selection is pretty good.

I hardly see anyone mention how much better the selection is, now that I think about it. Big improvement from psnow. I was expecting more fanfare for this launch.

Ready at Dawn is no longer on Sony.
I know, but the game is from Sony and there is nothing stopping Sony from working with them on a non VR game. Facebook doesn't care about that as far as I know and the studio might still want to work on something like that.

Not that I think it's really going to happen.

The Order was perfect for a service like this, one of the reasons it was so criticized was how it didn't justify it's price, but there is definitely some good things in the game despite the obvious flaws.

Last edited:

Corndog

Banned
How many games are available on PS+ as of now?

Top Bottom