• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All black PS5 orders from SUP3R5 has been canceled following threats being delivered to the company

Kadve

Their twitter account has also been deleted.

https://www.techradar.com/news/the-...icially-sold-out-but-more-could-be-on-the-way

The black PS5 from SUP3R5 officially sold out after going on sale on January 8, but all orders were cancelled after the team behind the nostalgic makeover apparently received "credible threats" to their safety.

In a statement via their now deleted Twitter account, the SUP3R5 team said: "Last night, our team began receiving credible threats to their safety. We take these threats seriously. We aren't willing to risk the safety and well-being of our team, or the potential impact this would bring on your order."

It's unclear whether the alleged threats were issued by disgruntled customers who missed out on securing a console or whether Sony has stepped in and threatened legal action, but we'll be searching for more answers in the coming days such as whether customers are indeed receiving a full refund and why users seemingly can't delete their payment information.
For those who did order one of the 304 PS2-themed PS5 consoles on sale, all orders have been abruptly cancelled.

"All existing orders will be cancelled and fully refunded in the coming days," SUP3R5 said. "We intended this to be a fun way to celebrate a shared nostalgia. As it turns out, there are people out there who are willing to interfere with that."

Last edited:

Kuranghi

racist wonder showzen GIF

Seriously though I like the idea that Sony execs were threatening them personally, the sweet dulcet tones of Mark Cerny coming down the phoneline except he's telling you he WILL fuck you up if you make make a black PS5.

To be clear though if people are making threats over this then they are subhuman scum.

Last edited:

Kadve

Seriously though I like the idea that Sony execs were threatening them personally, the sweet dulcet tones of Mark Cerny coming down the phoneline except he's telling you he WILL fuck you up if you make make a black PS5.

To be clear though if people are making threats over this then they are subhuman scum.

People on reddit are speculating that the entire thing might have been a scam.

Hopefully they will get their money back though.

rofif

Banned
It's just a stupid black ps5. You can paint the white one (although I think it looks good white)

BluRayHiDef

Banned
Just order replacements plates that are black from Game Armor. That's what I've done.

They're currently experiencing technical difficulties with their site, but they intend to fulfill all pre-orders that they've received so far and to accept more once their site becomes functional again.

Grinchy

Banned
Some people on Reddit were claiming that this might have been a scam anyway. They say there have never been any real photos of the product, only renders, and that the price was lower than the competition.

Then out of nowhere they just aren't going to go through with it because of a vague claim that they received threats? I don't know what the scam was if they are refunding everyone, but it does smell fishy.

Unknown?

Some people on Reddit were claiming that this might have been a scam anyway. They say there have never been any real photos of the product, only renders, and that the price was lower than the competition.

Then out of nowhere they just aren't going to go through with it because of a vague claim that they received threats? I don't know what the scam was if they are refunding everyone, but it does smell fishy.
Have you ever watched Jim Browning? They may want access to your PC and gift cards because they refunded you too much. Lol

Nester99

If you think about it, they are basically scalping. Buying ps5 stock no one else can get. Putting a fancy bow on it then reselling. Looks like it was all a scam anyway.

Top Bottom