• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens: Fireteam Elite - Announce Trailer (Xbox One, Xbox Series, PS4, PS5, Steam)

MiguelItUp

Is it just Fireteam or Fireteam Elite? i'm confused, and that's not a good sign
Nothing to be confused about. The name was Aliens Fireteam, the name is now Aliens Fireteam Elite. Could have something to do with rights and/or publishing. They may have thought it had a better ring to it or something. 🤷🏻‍♂️

maxwell247

No cross-play between platforms...so may be dead on arrival. The scepticism around that release is huge on the net and still the devs opt it with no cross-play. Strange choice indeed. Maybe because Sony charges extra money for adding cross-play on PS or maybe it's too much work.

Last edited:

mnkl13

A subtitle has been changed from Fireteam to Fireteam Elite. And it was officially confirmed today along with a new trailer, release date, prices and pre-order options.

Nothing to be confused about. The name was Aliens Fireteam, the name is now Aliens Fireteam Elite. Could have something to do with rights and/or publishing. They may have thought it had a better ring to it or something. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm sorry, i was confused because of the announce trailer, which has Elite on the tittle and thumbnail, but then the video ends with just Fireteam. Also didn't look at the date. My bad.

molasar

Banned
No cross-play between platforms...so may be dead on arrival. The scepticism around that release is huge on the net and still the devs opt it with no cross-play. Strange choice indeed. Maybe because Sony charges extra money for adding cross-play on PS or maybe it's too much work.

It can be played offline with bots or bots take over if one of players drops out on line.

Cross play is between the same system platform only, e.g. PS4 with PS5.

And for all platforms every part has to agree to it and support it.

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
For those that want to get a PC version 17% cheaper. Plus use the following 10% discount code to reduce the price further: UNDERHIVE

Search the game (standard and deluxe editions) in a store here.

Last edited:

crozier

Looks alright, I guess.

I’ve already been burned once recently by Dark Alliance so I’m waiting for reviews on this one. The animations and gunplay have me worried. It feels like a low budget arcade title.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

molasar

Banned

MiguelItUp

I believe that 2game has the cheapest price as it is already reduced by 17%. Plus a 10% coupon reduces it even more.
However it is a ROW type of key code. Thus it is limited to specific regions.
Another reason why I shared these too! I noticed nothing came up on those links for me, so I figured they were region specific. :)

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
I consulted my crystal ball last night, and deep within the swirling mists, with glowing light and purple electricity all around me, the following words offered themselves to me from the Other Side: 'This game will be shit'.

Only £35 quid on pre-order. Which seems awfully cheap compared to the usual £50 / £70 we've come accustomed to.

james cameron aliens GIF

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Isa

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I consulted my crystal ball last night, and deep within the swirling mists, with glowing light and purple electricity all around me, the following words offered themselves to me from the Other Side: 'This game will be shit'.
It's got Aliens with neon green bits on them, and albino Aliens...

Of course it will be.

Isa

I'm actually kind of hoping this one turns out alright, and I might bite for the low price point. Simple enough run'n'gun fun with friends or with bots, plus its only made by what, 15 or so people? I know its heresy for some but I like the potential for new foes. And the optional paths remind me of some of my favorite beat'em ups.

Mr.ODST

Deciding if to get on Xbox or Playstation, all my friends are on PC but sold my graphics card so wont be able to run it :mad:

Esca

Keeping a close eye on this. I'm sold just need to too see a few things first to solidified my purchase

molasar

Banned
Deciding if to get on Xbox or Playstation, all my friends are on PC but sold my graphics card so wont be able to run it :mad:

If you decide to get a physical version on PS, make sure it is for PS4 as it gets a free upgrade for PS5. I am not sure if it is the same when you put a PS5 disc into PS4.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Those weapon loadouts are sooo ridiculous :p The tech is so loaded with gear they gotta carry a pistol the size of a compact carbine but they can still fit a shotgun in there? The machine gunner carries a rifle as well? Makes me wonder if the smartgun has a low ammo capacity or slow cool down forcing the player to switch to rifle most of the time 'cause otherwise I'm not sure why you would ever NOT use the smartgun! Guess we will see when they drop the flamethrower guy and sniper gal.

They DO realize that Hicks only had a shottie because he was a crusty retro NCO, that wasn't standard issue? Though the shotgun has since made a big comeback.

molasar

Banned
Those weapon loadouts are sooo ridiculous :p The tech is so loaded with gear they gotta carry a pistol the size of a compact carbine but they can still fit a shotgun in there? The machine gunner carries a rifle as well? Makes me wonder if the smartgun has a low ammo capacity or slow cool down forcing the player to switch to rifle most of the time 'cause otherwise I'm not sure why you would ever NOT use the smartgun! Guess we will see when they drop the flamethrower guy and sniper gal.

They DO realize that Hicks only had a shottie because he was a crusty retro NCO, that wasn't standard issue? Though the shotgun has since made a big comeback.

There is only one more class left to be revealed. A recon.

VN1X

Banned
Is there cross-play in this? I'm thinking of getting it on XBOX but I know some friends will grab it on Steam themselves. Would be nice if we can still pew pew together.

EDIT: Ah never mind someone already answered above. Bummer about no full cross-play being a thing.

Last edited:

Mr.ODST

Is there cross-play in this? I'm thinking of getting it on XBOX but I know some friends will grab it on Steam themselves. Would be nice if we can still pew pew together.

EDIT: Ah never mind someone already answered above. Bummer about no full cross-play being a thing.
Yeah true, this is making me possibly want to get it on PS5 now as most of my friends will be on there

molasar

Banned
Yeah true, this is making me possibly want to get it on PS5 now as most of my friends will be on there

A suggestion: get a PS4 version (if you want a physical one) as it comes with PS5 upgrade too. A PS5 disc does not work on PS4.

Top Bottom