• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens (Arcade Gameplay)

Neff

I miss arcades
I miss licensed movie/TV show games
I miss licensed movie/TV show games by Japan

Fuck

I remember when I was a kiddo I wondered why Ripley was blonde.

Because she was on the poster.

sqZztQ.jpg

More to the point, why is Casey a big floppy-eared bunny?

kunonabi

Loved this game as a kid. Beat it again a couple years back on one of those multicade things at a convention. Still a blast.

Futaleufu

I was so excited when I played this for the first time at a cinema. I think it may have been when I went to go see Dick Tracy in theaters, haha.

I remember when I was a kiddo I wondered why Ripley was blonde. Cause I remember the second player slot resembling Hicks a LOT more than first player slot's Ripley.

Maybe Sigourney Weaver was asking too much money for her likeness, and back in the day she was against guns on her movies, Alien 3 suffered as result.

Last edited:
Ehh, I love these Konami arcade games as much as the next guy, and I adore Aliens the movie, but this game looks and sounds like crap. Granted, I haven’t played it myself, but the footage is not selling it to me. The artstyle in particular is just wrong on so many levels.

Kazza

I just played this on a modded Vita last week - it's still fun to play through today. Some interesting enemy and level design to break up the monotony that can creep in with these kid of games.

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
The Aliens arcade game was fantastic. The franchise seems to lend itself to side-scrollers -- AvP was also great.

The person playing the game, though, was trash. So frustrating to watch.

One of the many reasons Alien 3 was such a shitshow.
That's not why Alien 3 was a shitshow. You can have an Alien movie without guns -- what you can't have is an Alien movie without a script.

SkylineRKR

I also played an Alien game in the arcade, but I don't remember isometric. It was a scrolling shooter something. Wasn't Capcom's AvP either. Were there more? But it could be this one though, never got far.

Last edited:

Doczu

I also played an Alien game in the arcade, but I don't remember isometric. It was a scrolling shooter something. Wasn't Capcom's AvP either. Were there more? But it could be this one though, never got far.
Was it a gun cabinet? Cause there was a pretty good arcade gun shooter for Alien 3.

Tried this out today.

Honestly it's not very exciting on a first play through at least. Only options are shoot high or shoot low and it feels like you're moving through molasses. The art is very nice though.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
If the earlier Alien themed video games, this is the best from that era. They sell fully functional arcade cabinets cheap where I live; I might look for this. Love the promotional photos...not enough money to get Sigourney or Carrie Henn but it still looks cool.

Top Bottom