• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
They could 100's, 1000's maybe even 1000000's of years ahead of where we are in terms of technology

If they are using gravity manipulation, that would mean time and space isn't really an issue now, so distance then becomes less relevant if you can bend space time......no?

You're judging distance as a linear thing, our rockets couldn't get there......sure agreed with that, we couldn't

But wasn't long ago we thought we were the centre of the universe, and the earth was flat

Who knows..........if we're the only sentient life, then better to just nuke the planet now tbh, how depressing to even consider that....

Oh, I’m not going to claim it wouldn’t be theoretically possible, using technology waaaaaay beyond us that we have no understanding of... but I tend to base my opinions and conjecture based on the knowledge and evidence we have. And that tells me the physics of this universe are pretty well known, and don’t allow for the kind of space time manipulation of which you speak.

However, I would be extremely happy to be proved wrong on this one. The size of the universe and the sheer number of celestial bodies suggests that the chances of sentient life only occurring on this planet are slim to none... but that size also dictates that the chances of us ever making contact are even slimmer!

• Fire
Reactions: INC

INC

Oh, I’m not going to claim it wouldn’t be theoretically possible, using technology waaaaaay beyond us that we have no understanding of... but I tend to base my opinions and conjecture based on the knowledge and evidence we have. And that tells me the physics of this universe are pretty well known, and don’t allow for the kind of space time manipulation of which you speak.

However, I would be extremely happy to be proved wrong on this one. The size of the universe and the sheer number of celestial bodies suggests that the chances of sentient life only occurring on this planet are slim to none... but that size also dictates that the chances of us ever making contact are even slimmer!

Yeh I'm just going off what apparently is how they travel

I have no fucking clue, and wanna hear why it can or cant be possible

I dont post as facts, just conjecture

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Yeh I'm just going off what apparently is how they travel

I have no fucking clue, and wanna hear why it can or cant be possible

I dont post as facts, just conjecture

I think the conversation about the existence of alien life and its potential contact with us leads to the even more fascinating conversation about the actual size of the universe.

I am never not mind boggled by how large it is. When there are far more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on the entire planet, it really does start to screw with your perception.

Mind you, there are more molecules in a tea spoon of water than stars, so it’s mind boggling in both directions 😊

I guess the only way we could be visited by aliens is if they were able to ‘fold‘ space using worm hole technology, but the problem of the event horizon, spaghettification, and time dilation just makes it all seem completely impossible. And propulsion by more conventional means obviously runs into huge problems of the conversion of mass into energy that simply doesn’t allow for the kinds of speeds or ship size that would be necessary.

Still, it’s a great subject to conjecture over anyway 👍 Anything that prompts people to understand more about science must be.

Last edited:

INC

From the Bob lazaar interview, apparently they don't fly at all, more fall through space, on a generated gravity wave

Then again its Bob lazaar saying this.......so..............yeeeeh....

FunkMiller

Gold Member
From the Bob lazaar interview, apparently they don't fly at all, more fall through space, on a generated gravity wave

Gravity waves are certainly real things, caused by massive celestial events like supernova, but they can only travel at a maximum of the speed of light - which is way too slow to cross space fast enough. Sounds like Bob may have liked the idea of surfing a gravity wave, without really understanding what one actually is!

INC

Gravity waves are certainly real things, caused by massive celestial events like supernova, but they can only travel at a maximum of the speed of light - which is way too slow to cross space fast enough. Sounds like Bob may have liked the idea of surfing a gravity wave, without really understanding what one actually is!

Well I'm only quoting off memory, so he may have explained it or gone into better detail

I'm just some 30 something stoner trying remember what happened yesterday, let alone what some dude said in a podcast I saw months ago lol

Romulus

I’d love to believe that we have, or one day could, have contact with sentient alien life. Probably do the human race a lot of good thanks to the perspective.

Unfortunately what I’ve learned about physics and astronomy leads me firmly to believe that the distances from potential habitable planets is just too vast to allow for contact to ever take place.

The alien inhabitants of other planets in the future are the humans of today.

Remember the atmosphere is impenetrable? The world is flat? The sound barrier cannot be broken? Can't cross the Atlantic ocean? Europe is the only continent? I could go on. The fact is the greatest human minds believed those things and sadly, not that long ago.

Imagine the top scientists only 150 years ago witnessing an SR-71 mach 2+ flyby at low altitude. That would not only seem absolutely impossible to them, but alien. That's considering 150 years wasn't long ago.

We just discovered gravity waves lmao, a basic pillar of the universe. We're literally just starting out.

So, it doesn't atter how much you're studied, because as a species we're extremely primitive in terms of even understanding space. Of course a species that literally struggles to travel to its moon would think space travel at great distances is head scratching.

Last edited:

Romulus

Well, evidence that we have is those objects the Navy tracked was seen to be a metallic object up close, video footage shows it moving against the wind and to have a solid shape visible on IR. But no exhaust plume or wings. And, it was tracked on radar moving 60x the speed of sound, which at that speed would cause the metals in our aircraft to literally explode, not to mention kill the pilot well beforehand. Oh, and submersible too, sonar tracked it underwater.

Last edited:

MadAnon

Bob Lazar is a clown. He was saying that gravity itself is a wave and that gravitons don't exist. He basically described gravity like EM field but there's no force carrying particle like it's a photon for EM force, but just wave!? Basically utter non-sense.

Then he actually used Einsteins theory of general relativity which assumes that gravity is not even a force but is caused by a mass bending spacetime around it. It just shows that the guy has no clue what he's talking about.

Many of his stans are simply too clueless to realize that Einsteins gravitational waves are something completely different and has nothing to do with Lazar's science babble.

Last edited:

buizel

Banned

the entire legal system is predicated on corroborating witness testimony yet this fact is somehow completely ignored when talking about ufos and aliens. seems odd.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Remember the atmosphere is impenetrable? The world is flat? The sound barrier cannot be broken? Can't cross the Atlantic ocean? Europe is the only continent? I could go on. The fact is the greatest human minds believed those things and sadly, not that long ago.

Imagine the top scientists only 150 years ago witnessing an SR-71 mach 2+ flyby at low altitude. That would not only seem absolutely impossible to them, but alien. That's considering 150 years wasn't long ago.

We just discovered gravity waves lmao, a basic pillar of the universe. We're literally just starting out.

So, it doesn't atter how much you're studied, because as a species we're extremely primitive in terms of even understanding space. Of course a species that literally struggles to travel to its moon would think space travel at great distances is head scratching.

I kinda get what you’re saying, but those people didn’t have the tools, expertise, equipment or technology to better understand the world around them. In many cases, we do. We can observe, experiment and draw data from physical and tangible things that prove certain constants.

The greatest human minds of today don‘t ’believe’ the things I’m talking about, they know them to be true from demonstrable, repeatable and clear experiment, research and observation.

Of course there are things we’re yet to understand, but our understanding of the physics of the universe is extremely good. Good enough to be able to disregard many phenomena that may well have seemed magical, supernatural or baffling to people from the past. Our foundations are much stronger than there’s were, because we now understand immutable aspects of existence they did not.

showernota

Last edited:

V4skunk

Banned
Bob Lazar is a clown. He was saying that gravity itself is a wave and that gravitons don't exist. He basically described gravity like EM field but there's no force carrying particle like it's a photon for EM force, but just wave!? Basically utter non-sense.

Then he actually used Einsteins theory of general relativity which assumes that gravity is not even a force but is caused by a mass bending spacetime around it. It just shows that the guy has no clue what he's talking about.

Many of his stans are simply too clueless to realize that Einsteins gravitational waves are something completely different and has nothing to do with Lazar's science babble.
Either way the US Navy admit ufo are real and have performance way beyond our ancient jet engine technology.
How is it possible to travel 60,000 feet in less than a second without anti gravity tech?

INC

Either way the US Navy admit ufo are real and have performance way beyond our ancient jet engine technology.
How is it possible to travel 60,000 feet in less than a second without anti gravity tech?

Teleportation?

Thats been done on earth already

Romulus

I kinda get what you’re saying, but those people didn’t have the tools, expertise, equipment or technology to better understand the world around them. In many cases, we do. We can observe, experiment and draw data from physical and tangible things that prove certain constants.

The greatest human minds of today don‘t ’believe’ the things I’m talking about, they know them to be true from demonstrable, repeatable and clear experiment, research and observation.

Of course there are things we’re yet to understand, but our understanding of the physics of the universe is extremely good. Good enough to be able to disregard many phenomena that may well have seemed magical, supernatural or baffling to people from the past. Our foundations are much stronger than there’s were, because we now understand immutable aspects of existence they did not.

I completely disagree. I just think we understand more and our perspective is skewed because of the now. If you were to ask people the same thing 50, 100, 200 years ago in the science community, they would still have a similar apex way of thinking. We're literally still at the foundation. We don't understand dark matter, we're constantly changing our views on exoplanets, scientists are in complete disagreement about even the number of planets and galaxies, and even basic pillars like gravity waves have only recently been proven.

You're basing the idea that aliens can't travel here based on current human technology. The same species that needed 10 years to travel to its own moon in 1969, and still needs 10 years of planning in 2021. We can't even figure out the common cold and even virus worse than flu shuts down half the planet. Can't figure out how to process waste, stop hunger, or 90% of the problems we had 50 years ago.

You say we understand immutable aspects of existence. I'm not talking about spirits and bigfoot. I'm just talking about science and recent discoveries that have been disputed and how often scientists disagree on what should be a basic understanding by now, and it's not. I just watched a panel dozens of scientists weeks ago that estimated there are at least 1000 intelligent civilizations in our own galaxy. Are they all wrong? Some of them wrong? I mean, it's just bonkers how varied and fragile our thinking is, even from our greatest minds.

Even our own basic laws are broken and we're just beginning to put them to the test with things like particle accelerators

And just look at these, some are very basic and we still don't understand them. Just imagine a civilization that has discovered the answers to all of these and the subsequent technologies from those? Then, imagine them building on those laws and being thousands or millions of years ahead of us technologically.

The other problem is, people, don't like to think about aliens from an origin standpoint. What if our average IQ is 100 and there's is 200. Imagine a species only 50 years ahead of us, but their IQ has been 2x for hundreds of thousands of years. Imagine what that would spawn. For every one Einstien we have, maybe they have 100 or 1000. It gets really scary when you consider our planet is very young. Things like radar and laser technology could literally be millions of years old to them.

Last edited:

Romulus

The verbiage he uses is fascinating. It almost sounds like a dad that has a secret that you're not ready for just yet.

INC

Honest question, why June/July?

independence day president GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Romulus

I would guess its more slow drip info, then in another year, we get more. Within 5-10 years, we'll probably know for sure but they can't just dump that type of bomb on ordinary people suddenly. They need time to process it.

Last edited:

aries_71

I recommend Jacques Vallee books on the subject. In my opinion he’s one of the few serious scientists that tackled the phenomenon. He’s very critical of the ETH hypothesis, leaning more on a intelligent control system or extra dimensional reality. Unfortunately, he’s not very active anymore; I believe all the abduction craziness from the 90s drove him away from the field.

INC

I recommend Jacques Vallee books on the subject. In my opinion he’s one of the few serious scientists that tackled the phenomenon. He’s very critical of the ETH hypothesis, leaning more on a intelligent control system or extra dimensional reality. Unfortunately, he’s not very active anymore; I believe all the abduction craziness from the 90s drove him away from the field.

Well my friend, you're in luck, he recently did a rogan podcast

buizel

Banned
I would guess its more slow drip info, then in another year, we get more. Within 5-10 years, we'll probably know for sure but they can't just dump that type of bomb on ordinary people suddenly. They need time to process it.

Check out these NASA photographs from 1998, it shows a weird scifi ship floating around earth, these are the high res images from the official nasa website:

Click for higher res , the craft was dubbed the 'black knight' - kinda looks like a lil space whale in the 3rd shot

someone neeeds to squeeze elon musk for his secrets. what does that man know?

Last edited:

Aarbron

Check out these NASA photographs from 1998, it shows a weird scifi ship floating around earth, these are the high res images from the official nasa website:

Click for higher res , the craft was dubbed the 'black knight' - kinda looks like a lil space whale in the 3rd shot

someone neeeds to squeeze elon musk for his secrets. what does that man know?

Unfortunately, no smoking gun.

Insulation blanket from payload on the STS-88 mission.

Razvedka

Banned
Still active. He appeared in the James Fox documentary where they tested the various materials he's been collecting for decades. At some lab in Berkeley or whatever, they interviewed the scientist.

buizel

Banned
Unfortunately, no smoking gun.

Insulation blanket from payload on the STS-88 mission.

qp7HkWm.jpg
cvNloox.jpg

jesus this guy comes up with every fucking excuse under the sun

the guy who 'debunked' it is the same guy who made multiple other claims; such as 'confirming' that the Kecksburg UFO was a Kosmos 96 satellite. Which was proved to be complete BS.

i mean you have to be a retard of astronomical proportions to see that he's not just made to debunk things.

Last edited:

Ikutachi

Travis Walton is bogus. He passed the polygraph test back then, cool, but failed it in The Moment of Truth. His story also began a mere two weeks after stories of aliens appeared in films and on TV.

INC

Travis Walton is bogus. He passed the polygraph test back then, cool, but failed it in The Moment of Truth. His story also began a mere two weeks after stories of aliens appeared in films and on TV.

I'm sure he's made a nice income from it. Fair play to him tbh

buizel

Banned

What about this prophet they find on the street who claims he can summon UFOs. Then does.

Last edited:

Veritasium made a video on this a couple months ago, at least regarding the bolded part. Could be full of crap or could be legit, I don't know 🤷‍♂️

MadAnon

Veritasium made a video on this a couple months ago, at least regarding the bolded part. Could be full of crap or could be legit, I don't know 🤷‍♂️

What I meant is that Lazar mixed 2 different, incompatible things. You can't talk about gravity being a wave similar to EM and then switch to general relativity which is something completely different.

buizel

Banned
UFO fanatics piss me off... what is more likely? Space debris or alien space ship?

"No man, it's aliens"

maroons like you piss me off.... what is more likely? That tens/hundreds of 1000's of the testimonies of witnesses to sightings and alien abductions all schemed together to make a useless far-fetched plot which almost no one profits from (and whos life is usually made worse afterwards), or they're telling the truth?

"No man, I speak for everyone else. Please believe me"

Last edited:

aries_71

What happened with the Aguadilla UFO from some years ago? Was it finally debunked?

I remember some saying it was just some kind of big sea bird.

Last edited:

buizel

Banned
What happened with the Aguadilla UFO from some years ago? Was it finally debunked?

I remember some saying it was just some kind of big sea bird.

unexplained craft. abduction report in the area. military recorded. many things that match up with what others have said.

if you want to debunk it look here:

GAMETA

Banned
maroons like you piss me off.... what is more likely? That tens/hundreds of 1000's of the testimonies of witnesses to sightings and alien abductions all schemed together to make a useless far-fetched plot which almost no one profits from (and whos life is usually made worse afterwards), or they're telling the truth?

"No man, I speak for everyone else. Please believe me"

I saw a bottle of Coca-Cola shape shift once, I even made a thread about it here.

Are Coca-Cola bottles interdimensional shape shifters? Or did my mind/sight trick me?

I'm not disregarding testimonials, I'm not saying these people didn't see what they say they did, I'm just saying it is stupid to assume it's aliens, as lots of people here and on the UFO community do.

Not only that, but these people prefer to believe it's aliens than to accept that maybe they're not. They jump to conclusions, and if you say "hey look, dude, seems like something else to me" they'll do exactly what you're doing here, lol.

I believe there's life out there, and I believe there's a possibility that they've visited us, but come on, man, the evidence you show is shit.

The other day there was a video of an astronaut on the ISS making repairs or whatever while an object passes behind him. That clearly looked like a rotating piece of something, but the UFO guys where like "no man, it's an alien spaceship, watch how it shape shifts" and the thing was just rotating, clearly rotating, no shape shifting, no nothing, it was fucking clearly rotating on its longitudinal axis, but then you explain that and show logic to the community and you're now a hater, a shill, a maroon or whatever... see, this is the kind of thing that pisses me off..

You abandon all logic in an effort to believe, It's dumb as fuck.

Last edited:

buizel

Banned
I saw a bottle of Coca-Cola shape shift once, I even made a thread about it here.

Are Coca-Cola bottles interdimensional shape shifters? Or did my mind/sight trick me?

I'm not disregarding testimonials, I'm not saying these people didn't see what they say they did, I'm just saying it is stupid to assume it's aliens, as lots of people here and on the UFO community do.

Not only that, but these people prefer to believe it's aliens than to accept that maybe they're not. They jump to conclusions, and if you say "hey look, dude, seems like something else to me" they'll do exactly what you're doing here, lol.

I believe there's life out there, and I believe there's a possibility that they've visited us, but come on, man, the evidence you show is shit.

The other day there was a video of an astronaut on the ISS making repairs or whatever while an object passes behind him. That clearly looked like a rotating piece of something, but the UFO guys where like "no man, it's an alien spaceship, watch how it shape shifts" and the thing was just rotating, clearly rotating, no shape shifting, no nothing, it was fucking clearly rotating on its longitudinal axis, but then you explain that and show logic to the community and you're now a hater, a shill, a maroon or whatever... see, this is the kind of thing that pisses me off..

You abandon all logic in an effort to believe, It's dumb as fuck.

ya lol, some videos are dumb and fake for sure. im not talking about any in particular

like im not looking for a 'smoking gun' to show or prove aliens are real and have visited earth, because the mountains upon mountains of evidence (in some cases literal mountains LMAO) is there if you take the time to look. i know people will eventually come round if they take it seriously and investigate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom