• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien Isolation team at Creative Assembly has been developing a new IP- a sci-fi FPS - since 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartski

Gold Member

In the most recent issue of Edge Magazine, Creative Assembly studio director Gareth Edmondson and creative director Alistair Hope offered a few details of their new project. Since 2018, the team behind the excellent Alien Isolation have been working on an "as-yet-unnamed science-fiction FPS."
According to Hope, this new game boasts a "drive for attention to detail and authenticity" and commits to "understanding the source material." Hope isn't offering any other clues as to what this source material could be as of now, though.
"It's our new IP, and it's a world that we're creating, and of course we're wringing our hands over it and we really want to get that right," chief product officer Rob Bartholomew adds. "We want to understand what authenticity in a blue ocean or an open sky looks like, when you've got a blank page in front of you," Bartholomew continues.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Hopefully by the time it releases we aren't all sick to death of space horror after half of the Summer Games Fest was Dead Space tributes.

kiphalfton

Hopefully by the time it releases we aren't all sick to death of space horror after half of the Summer Games Fest was Dead Space tributes.

Besides Callisto Protocol, what else was there? Besides Dead Space Remake itself. Didn't actually watch so have no clue. Only saw some YouTube videos

Flabagast

Very nice, I hope it has very few shooting and concentrates instead on atmosphere, world building and non-violent interactions.

Can't wait !

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Besides Callisto Protocol, what else was there? Besides Dead Space Remake itself. Didn't actually watch so have no clue. Only saw some YouTube videos

What you listed, Aliens: Dark Descent, Fort Solis, Routine. Might have been another. Felt like Scifi Horror Games fest.

Last edited:

AV

Dark Descent also looks like an isometric.

Yeah "Dead Space Tributes" was hyperbole but it got pretty tiring pretty quick. Calisto is enough for me for a while, maybe the DS remake if it's any good.

Jennings

If they can handle the action aspects this could be a great game. But an FPS should be a whole different beast than a creepersneaker game.

Makes sense. A developer makes a licensed game that is successful then creates a new ip in similar vein. Example: Bioware and Knights of the old Repubic then Mass Effect.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
Scorn. This game looks great, but we haven’t seen much gameplay, hopefully it isn’t too generic.

brian0057

Banned
What you listed, Aliens: Dark Descent, Fort Solis, Routine. Might have been another. Felt like Scifi Horror Games fest.
Sci-Fi horror peaked with System Shock 2 and the genre has been living under its shadow ever since.
Alien: Isolation and Dead Space, both of which I love, very much included.

Arachnid

Alien Isolation was the best survival horror game since OG Silent Hill. I will buy anything sci-fi or horror Creative Assembly puts out, without hesitation.

I wonder what it could be. They call it a new IP, but it's also based on source material? I can't wait to see what they've got cooking.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Hope it's less powering generators and sitting under a table... hiding from a monster that we all know for 30 years that's just "WOW LOOK IT"S THE ALIEN"... and not really really scary.
They can create immersive world but for the love of god don't bloat the game for 20 hours and make something original.

tl;dr I thik Alien Isolation is absolute tra... mediocre game... I had this weird feeling after finishing it... "wait, it was nowhere near as good as people claim". Then I watched this:

It's redlettermedia guys. They know their stuff but they have super weird takes like absolutely hating Uncharted 4

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I've been anticipating hearing more about this. Really hoping it's solid. I think at one point it was rumored to have multiplayer as well? Really odd.

Flabagast

Sci-Fi horror peaked with System Shock 2 and the genre has been living under its shadow ever since.
Alien: Isolation and Dead Space, both of which I love, very much included.
You are forgetting SOMA here mate.

It easily surpassed System Shock 2 for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom