• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alfred Hitchcock | Vertigo Teaser Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Alfred Hitchcock - Vertigo is a narrative and adventure game, freely inspired by the movie masterpiece directed by Alfred Hitchcock. Immerse yourself in a psychological thriller of a new kind, playing with the limits between reality and fantasy.
Take a look at the twisted trailer for Vertigo, as showcased during Guerrilla Collective 2021. In Vertigo, Ed Miller, a writer, came out unscathed from his car crash down into Bixby Canyon, California. Even though no one was found inside the car wreckage, Ed insists that he was traveling with his wife and daughter. Traumatized by the event, he begins to suffer from severe vertigo. As he starts therapy, he will try to uncover what really happened on that tragic day. Prepare yourself for a most disturbing investigation inside the human mind: truth is sometimes worse than madness. Vertigo is coming to PC, Mac, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, and Xbox One.

Thank you mods for the fast title change

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Last edited:
One of the greatest movies ever made so let's ruin it with a video game adaptation.

In all seriousness I'd give it a shot if it turned out decent, but the "trailer" really doesn't give me any Vertigo vibes and makes me think they're just using the name to try to draw attention to it.

*Nightwing

Think it's a great idea to use classic films as inspiration for games especially with creativity combined with the cost of making a games stifling the creativity of the industry as a whole.... but this is only borrowing the name by the looks of it.

Why waste the wealth of atmosphere of the film for this? Ends up looking like a gimmick using a well known movie title to prop up a mediocre uninspired generic looking game.

sublimit

Banned
I love the movie (incidentally i just watched it again some months ago) but that trailer did nothing for me. Just wait a bit more and show us a proper trailer FFS.

Spidey Fan

Banned
now we have this, is it possible to get inception by remedy? I hope we get more movie games. There are tons of potential now, compared in the past. The engine these days are strong.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
NeoGAF: This indie game based on an Alfred Hitchcock movie looks so lame. The graphics, my God.

Also NeoGAF: Sequels! Sequels! Sequels!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

No name is more synonymous with mystery than Alfred Hitchcock, and Vertigo the game is based on the filmmaker's 1958 movie of the same name. Check out the first story trailer to see what awaits you. Vertigo is coming to PC later this year and Mac, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, and Xbox One in 2022.

20cent

Banned
Something wrong with me, it doesn't look that bad from these teaser and trailer...?
Also the few Pendulo games I've played before were enjoyable, if you like the genre.

It's neither a Sony Studios nor a soul-rogue-like game I guess?

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Pendulo is a decent dev so I don't want to be too dismissive but I don't get why this exists.

Teslerum

Pendulo is a decent dev so I don't want to be too dismissive but I don't get why this exists.
Ehhhhhh

Yes and No?

I mean they are probably the most inconsistent adventure dev that has ever existed. Going from really good sequences to really bad ones, going from decent puzzles to bad ones, going from very good storytelling to incredibly rushed....

Not even talking about their plot twists which are truly some of the most ridiculous to ever exist. They are not just jumping the shark, they are doing a backflip over the moon most of the time.

That said, that's also the reason why all their games are so memorable, so decent dev is still a somewhat accurate description.

(Played everything except Blacksad)

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Ed Miller, a writer, came out unscathed from his car crash down into Brody Canyon, California.
Even though no one was found inside the car wreckage, Ed insists that he was traveling with his wife and daughter. Traumatized by the event, he begins to suffer from severe vertigo. As he starts therapy, he will try to uncover what really happened on that tragic day.

Prepare yourself for a most disturbing investigation inside the human mind: truth is sometimes worse than madness.

Notabueno

Banned
HORRIBLE art direction.

Hitchcock was not just what have become cinema tropes, it's also masterful substance and style in the writing, compositing and tone, character and attitude, costumes, landscapes and palettes...and this is part of Vertigo.

This doesn't have ANY of that. So now it's not just Netflix reboots and series that are going to ruin cinema classics but games it seems.

Last edited:
Top Bottom