• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake Remastered Coming to Xbox One, Xbox Series S/x, Epic Store, Ps4 , and Ps5 Fall 2021

Protip: Dont binge this game, pause between each episode. The story paceing in each episode is porpously made that way and the cliffhangers at the end just gonna loose so much impact if you play the next episode right away. A buddy and me played this game every friday and we speculated and anticipated the whole week about every cliffhanger. Also every start of an episode you get a recap which intensifies that ol school tv show feeling.

Thief1987

Why there is zero information like, i don't know, trailer, screenshots, release date? What kind of announce this is.

T-Cake

Let's fucking gooooo! is it a genuine built from the ground up remaster?

I wanna see it in the control engine.....HNNNNGGGGGGGG!

Love this game.

LOL, I think you'll be waiting even longer then. It won't have been moved to Northlight. That's way too much work.

supernova8

Banned
giphy.gif
Fucking genius that it was his face all along

LOL, I think you'll be waiting even longer then. It won't have been moved to Northlight. That's way too much work.

Every rumour so far points to it being moved to Northlight (with the support for ray tracing).

+ in Sam Lake's own words: "But the visuals all around, including the character model of Alan Wake himself and the cinematics, have been updated and improved with some choice next-generation upgrades."

It is 100% not gonna be just some texture swap-out and resolution upgrade.

Not to mention, we have this PR piece of Remedy's partnership announcement with Epic:

Remedy Entertainment, developer of record-breaking Control, nominated for 11 BAFTA® Games Awards and recipient of over 20 “Game of the Year” awards, has signed with Epic Games to publish Remedy’s next two unannounced video games. The games are part of Epic Games’ new, developer-first publishing effort, giving full creative freedom and IP ownership to its development partners.

The first project is Remedy’s most ambitious one yet, an AAA multi-platform game already in pre-production. The second is a new, smaller-scale project set in the same franchise. Both games are being developed on Remedy’s proprietary, state-of-the-art Northlight game engine and tools.

We can assume that the first mentioned AAA project is Alan Wake 2.

Last edited:

Pilgrimzero

Played through AW so many times.. one of my faves!

Can't wait to see how the Remaster looks.

Hopefully this means AW2 is in the pipe.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
They remastered the wrong game. Alan Wake has nothing on Max Payne
Then talk to Rockstar/T2. They bought the Max Payne IP from Remedy.

On topic: I wonder how different this will be from the Steam version. Didn't they do a decent bit of work on it when they self published there?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I won't buy it if its just a res update. There's no way they haven't improved the facial animation. The game is one of my favourites buy it was a little wooden in places and not a patch on current stuff. It will also allow them to recapture some of the characters faces to make the transition a little better.

Bring on Barry and his Christmas lights.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Remaster using a different engine. They're not going to change nothing besides visual.
That, for me, sounds like a total remake or a port more than a remaster, they're literally porting the game to another platform and changing stuff... I'd be in for the new models, I HATE HATE HAAAAATE the horrible puppet faces with dead eyes and single axis moving mouths from the original, even tho I loved te game in general... They fix the facial animations and I'm in... on Xbox probably, since I'm not installing EGS (tho I get this one is legit, they are funding the sequel)

Last edited:

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Protip: Dont binge this game, pause between each episode. The story paceing in each episode is porpously made that way and the cliffhangers at the end just gonna loose so much impact if you play the next episode right away. A buddy and me played this game every friday and we speculated and anticipated the whole week about every cliffhanger. Also every start of an episode you get a recap which intensifies that ol school tv show feeling.

Yeah I'm gonna wait a week between episodes replaying this game

serious drake GIF

Saber

Gold Member
I'm really happy for this remastered now that is true. The only question is hows gonna be? Gonna have enhancements or changes?

Either way, I'm looking foward to it.

carlosrox

Banned
Will have to get eventually. I liked it but never got around to finishing it.

Would look even better with modern graphical touches. The original still looks great.

Now we need Max Payne
I say nay. Alan Wake was modern enough it could easily be "remastered" (aka ported to modern systems and have the resolution turned up.) Max Payne is a firmly planted product of its time and cannot be translated to the modern gaming landscape. Attempting to do so would lose all the amazing atmosphere and feeling it had.

I say nay. Alan Wake was modern enough it could easily be "remastered" (aka ported to modern systems and have the resolution turned up.) Max Payne is a firmly planted product of its time and cannot be translated to the modern gaming landscape. Attempting to do so would lose all the amazing atmosphere and feeling it had.
Sure ! But it's not like the original games disapears....i would love to see a Max Payne remake

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Anything new with it, besides visual upgrade?

Fun game, will definitely get it again due to my 360 being an absolute mess. I gotta hit the top of it to get the disc tray to come out. The process is embarrassing. Dogs barking and shit, thinking someone is trying to break into the house. lol.
What else would it be aside from a visual upgrade? That's kinda the point....

Calverz

I never played the original and my flatmate is always telling to me try it, quite glad I waited now, can't wait to try it.

Lets celebrate with this:

The characters and setting are quite good. The story is also quite interesting. The gameplay/ combat gets quite repetitive though.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Ok, £24.99 im not expecting a huge improvement so this looks to just be higher res.

Hopefully the lip syncing is improved. but I am IN!

Fake

This are cutscenes, IDK if the Xbox 360 version use real time engine cutscenes or pre-render, but they can be using A.I to the cutscenes.

Not bad at all.

andrespi

I just saw I can preorder it in my country (but the description at the store doesn't say what includes exactly or what improvements there are or if it has features for dual sense). I played the original on 360 (still have the physical disk which I could play on my series x) but never played the dlcs. Are the DLCs worth/good? Do we know if this edition has all the DLCs? Also American nightmare included or not? (never played it as well).

Also about the ps5 version: did they say if they have full support or features for the dualsense? like are they going to use the adaptive triggers or haptic feedback for this remaster in any significant way?

I still have the original on 360, so need to decide if it's worth to rebuy also this remaster on ps5. I usually don't rebuy if they only have small graphical updates, but if it includes the DLCs and has features for the dualsense I will certainly re-buy it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom