• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake II - Reveal Trailer | The Game Awards 2021

SALMORE

Just finished the American Nightmare expansion on Gamepass ! it was awesome , i can't wait for the sequel hopefully it's open world

Cryio

Alan Wake: masterpiece

Alan Wake Remaster: same masterpiece game but Alan has a weird face and the screen space reflections don't look placed properly compared to the original planar reflections

Quantum Break: brilliant game, I don't care what anyone thinks.

Control: brilliant game. Only half way through. Can't wait to see what else this game throws as me, DLC included.

Sensei

I'm glad they announced it, but I would have prefered at least an in-engine trailer, especially considering the game should come out in less than two full years (my prediction is end of October 2023, just in time for Halloween). I am cautiously optimistic for the new trailer next summer.

VulcanRaven

Good that there will be Alan Wake 2 but I'm not sure if I want it to be survival horror. I liked how the first game had horror elements but it wasn't very scary. I don't remember many jump scares.

Last edited:

So Sam Lake has said the game is going to be more of a Survival Horror game than the first game.

Man I hope that means a nonlinear level design with key items/exploration is on the table. If it plays like a combination of the first game and a classic RE/SH game I’ll be very happy.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
. . .as opposed to the first one? I mean the first one was for sure campy as all hell, but it definitely had a touch of survival horror to it.

Alan Wake

This is amazing news. I loved, and still love, Alan Wake. Got the remaster (despite feeling it was a bit unnecessary) and played it to the end. I'm excited for a scarier Alan Wake. The original had an amazing atmosphere but it wasn't really scary. I wonder if Barry can do comeback if the game is much darker, though...

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
inject that shit directly into my veins GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
at least they finally have rain in their Pacific Northwest.

edit to add:
Ugh. Epic Game Store.

I'm out.

I've lost count of how many PC games I've had to pass on because of EGS. It goes like this:

1. Oh, new PC game that looks great!
2. Shit EGS exclusive
3. Is it on Game Pass? Yes = Yay. No = Well, I suppose I'll be waiting 3/6/9/12 months to buy it on Steam

ZoukGalaxy

Gold Member
Where am I ? Is this reality ? Is life real ? Am I dead ? This is it, right ? Alan Wake 2 in my living life ? I must be dead for sure.

Excite Level = Infinity

jakinov

I've lost count of how many PC games I've had to pass on because of EGS. It goes like this:

1. Oh, new PC game that looks great!
2. Shit EGS exclusive
3. Is it on Game Pass? Yes = Yay. No = Well, I suppose I'll be waiting 3/6/9/12 months to buy it on Steam
This one might never come to Steam. Epic is publishing it.

3liteDragon

A next gen exclusive Alan Wake will look absolutely phenomenal. Can't wait.
This is going look bonkers,

Remedy with current gen hardware making AW2, got a feeling this game will take some beating in the visual department.
For years Remedy has been developing games on a proprietary game engine called Northlight. And Remedy creative director Sam Lake says that Alan Wake 2 will set a new bar for Remedy in terms of visual quality.

“Alan Wake 2 will, by far, be the best-looking, most beautiful Remedy game ever,” Lake says during a sit-down interview with IGN (which you can watch below). Given that Northlight is the engine powering graphically-rich games like Control and Quantum Break, this is a bold and exciting claim. IGN asked if the partnership between Remedy and Epic Games on Alan Wake 2, where Epic Games is publishing the title, means the Alan Wake sequel could be developed on Epic’s Unreal Engine 5. But Lake says that it’s sticking with Northlight because it has tech best-suited for the experience Remedy is trying to create for the next Alan Wake game.

“[Alan Wake 2] is on Northlight. We feel that especially for this kind of experience where atmosphere and stylization are more important than ever before, is that we know Northlight so well we can focus on certain things and push certain things forward.” The Northlight engine was designed to push forward storytelling elements Remedy Entertainment favors when developing games. This includes an emphasis on cinematic realism, photorealistic characters, large-scale destruction and physics, and more. Alongside Alan Wake 2, Northlight is being used for the upcoming CrossfireX story campaign which Remedy is developing for Smilegate.

Alan Wake 2 was officially announced at The Game Awards as Remedy’s first-ever survival-horror game. And Lake says that Remedy is taking advantage of the creative freedom to design a truly scary game.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Itching so badly for a new Silent Hill, that this has moved up for highly anticipated for me. Is it out yet? Is it out yet? Is it out yet?

Kuranghi

He looks like Jake gyllenhaal now

Or Bradley Cooper if you ignore the hair colour.

Still need to play that original, good time for it I guess. Is it good on PS5, performance and IQ-wise? Or should I stick with PC?

Last edited:

Flabagast

The first one was a pretty big let down in my opinion but still the universe was interesting, and I think Remedy has progressed immensely as a game dev since, so I am really eager to learn more about AW2

Last edited:

Hydroxy

Wow this is the first am hearing about the seq2. Totally missed the announcement. I loved the atmosphere and storyline in Alan Wake. I hope they improve the gameplay.

SoraNoKuni

Idk, unless Control (which I’m playing right now) has a part where an Asian chick dies and her soul gets trapped in a dresser drawer knob, I don’t really see it. Their games seem more Stephen King/ Xfiles to me.
Overlook hotel, the maze, the narrative style and presentation as well as the written lore and stories you find in the game are lynchian af. Maybe it's just me.

I have written a detailed summary but it's in greek, if I find time I may state my observations.

Top Bottom