• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake 2 releasing in October (According to Alan Wake voice actor Matthew Porretta)

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
alan-wake-2-HD-scaled.jpg

Today, we have learned that Alan Wake 2 might be targeting an October launch. While not official, the news comes from a credible source: Matthew Porretta, the protagonist's voice actor. Porretta, who also appeared in Control as Doctor Casper Darling, was featured in a video interview published a few hours ago by YouTuber Monster, Madness, and Magic

Around the eighteenth minute of the chat, the interviewer prods Porretta about Alan Wake 2, to which he responds:

I've been working on it. That's supposed to come out in October we're in the middle of working on it now in fact I was just in Finland last week, that's where the company is from, Remedy, amazing people. I went and auditioned for this job 13 years ago in fact it was Alan Wake's birthday on Sunday, 13 years when it was released, the same day as Red Dead, I think.
I went in and auditioned and then six months later my agent called me up and was like 'Hey, remember that videogame you went out' and I'm like no, he's like, he says 'Alan Wake, you got it' and I go 'Oh, what am I doing in it?' and he goes 'Alan Wake' I was like, 'Oh, cool'.
I mean, 13 years ago, my kids were real young and video games were happening but they weren't on my radar at all. Now, 13 years later...Man, it's like, I'm in that world. My son's about to graduate college on Saturday, my youngest is 15. They're kind of like my translators, they tell me what's happening, what it's all about. But I love that character and love working with Remedy.
Alan Wake 2 is going to be really, really good and it's hard, it's scary. Every time I see the stuff they're doing I'm amazed, it's really cool.

Last edited:

Luipadre

Im expecting this at the summer games fest tbh. Cant wait for this game. I still cant believe that alan wake is getting a sequel and its a survival horror game. I loved the first one

Last edited:

Doom85

shocked holy shit GIF

Like, I won’t hold it against them if they delay it, sometimes a game needs a little more time in the oven, but if I can play it on Halloween month this year, that will be very cool.

bender

What time is it?
Really curious to see how this turns out. I haven't loved a Remedy game since MP2. Barry aside, I'm not fan of Alan Wake but the AW2 reveal got me excited as it seemed to have a more horror focused direction and we don't get a ton of big budget horror titles these days.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Release your biggest budgeted game ever right after Starfield, MK1 and Spider-Man 2. Forza is probably around that time too. Good job Remedy.

I pray that they break the cycle and release a proper PC version that's not totally fucked on release.

So glad this is finally coming, Alan Wake is still one of my favorite games of the 360 era.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
I thought the first game is average? suddenly everybody is jumping int other hype train?

kikkis

I thought the first game is average? suddenly everybody is jumping int other hype train?
I thought it was better than average. Innovative even, which obviously doesnt matter to reviewers or gamers at large. Control was for me pretty good and it has been 13 years since last alan wake, so no doubt they have improved as studio in that time.

Markio128

I really enjoyed Control, but not so much the recent Alan Wake remaster - I didn’t even finish it. I’m actually surprised they have gone with an AW sequel. I would have been more excited for a new Control or Max Payne.

Release your biggest budgeted game ever right after Starfield, MK1 and Spider-Man 2. Forza is probably around that time too. Good job Remedy.
Be honest no matter the release date its gonna bomb anyway. Im just happy we getting a sequel. And with control 2 the real blockbuster, Remedy will be just fine.

Top Bottom