• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Age of Empires II Definitive Edition Coming This Fall

Mista

Banned

During Microsoft’s E3 2019 conference, it was revealed that one of the most popular real-time strategy titles of all time, Age of Empires II, would be getting a fresh coat of paint with in its Definitive Edition, due to release this Fall.

Age of Empires II Definitive Edition will keep everything that fans know and love from the original in terms of gameplay, but will get a fresh lick of paint with 4K visuals and remastered audio. Additionally, the Definitive Edition will also include an entirely new campaign called The Last Khans.

During Microsoft’s E3 2019 conference, it was revealed that one of the most popular real-time strategy titles of all time, Age of Empires II, would be getting a fresh coat of paint with in its Definitive Edition, due to release this Fall.

Age of Empires II Definitive Edition will keep everything that fans know and love from the original in terms of gameplay, but will get a fresh lick of paint with 4K visuals and remastered audio. Additionally, the Definitive Edition will also include an entirely new campaign called The Last Khans.

After decades I would have thought they'll make AoE 4 but as expected they keep enhancing the old versions

Kenpachii

Jesus christ man.

I was waiting so much on age of empire 4 and then they push these garbage remasters again.

Kenpachii

Imagine I played age of empires 1 n 2 on windows 98 for 20 years they still can't make 4, Xbox is dead

I checked my steam as i already got the remaster of age of empire 2, its called age of empire 2 HD edition.

And now they remaster the freaking game AGAIN.

It's a fucking joke man.

This garbage company. It's the only thing i got hyped about and it's a god dam piece of shit remaster of a already remastered game that's 20 years old.

I checked my steam as i already got the remaster of age of empire 2, its called age of empire 2 HD edition.

And now they remaster the freaking game AGAIN.

It's a fucking joke man.

This garbage company. It's the only thing i got hyped about and it's a god dam piece of shit remaster of a already remastered game that's 20 years old.

Spoiler - Age 4 will be shit.

Atleast these old games are known gems, bro.

Meowzers

Would've loved this to be on Xbox One. Seeing as it appeared in an Xbox conference.

Played this way back in the day on a Pentium II PC. Nowadays I have a Core 2 Duo :messenger_tears_of_joy:...so I could've played with Xbox.

shaddam

I played some beta yesterday. It must be my boomer brain, but I cant understand the 90GB+ install size. It's just feels wrong
qREoW5K.jpg

The visual style looks off too. I might be getting it on a sale, but for now I prefer the Forgotten Empires

Top Bottom