• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After Sonic movie success, Sega says it could adapt other IPs for the big screen

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Sega Sammy CEO Haruki Satomi and CFO Koichi Fukazawa were asked about the possibility of making non-Sonic movies during a Q&A session following the publication of the company’s full-year earnings in April.

“We would like to take on challenges outside of the Sonic IP should the opportunity arise,” Sega said in a newly published English transcript of the event.

“If we can match the timing of game launches to the release of movies, it would be extremely effective from a marketing perspective and there are also significant benefits, such as increasing awareness of our IP and increasing the number of touch points for customers, as we achieved with the Sonic movie.”

SEGA_2012

TERRIBLE idea. I can't stand movie adaptations ! This company does not give one single minute to rest, it is one bad decision after another :lollipop_grimacing:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
TERRIBLE idea. I can't stand movie adaptations ! This company does not give one single minute to rest, it is one bad decision after another :lollipop_grimacing:
Yakuza tv series, starring diverse actors.

Last edited:

BlackTron

TBH this has always been Sega. A bunch of talented developers struck down by bad takes in management and sometimes their own hubris (looking at you, Yuki Naka).

I agree this doesn't bode well. Watching Sega's film roadmap vs. Nintendo's will be like an allegory for what happened in gaming -score a win with Sonic and then squander it with aimless direction.

Saber

Gold Member
It isn't a bad idea per say, but I'm not entirelly sure if it would work that well for other series.
Also, as much as the Sonic movies were great it could also means they either played safe or was just a fluke. Would be better to take advantage of that positivity elsewhere.

Top Bottom