• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After No Man's Sky, Fallout 76, Sea of Thieves, and Atlas

John Day

Stop sucking the the internet hype dick, and you won’t be dissapointed. Simple as that.

We have the advantage today that games CAN BE ADDED ON AND FIXED, like NMS did. I’d rather have that than a forever turd.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Stop sucking the the internet hype dick, and you won’t be disappointed. Simple as that.

We have the advantage today that games CAN BE ADDED ON AND FIXED, like NMS did. I’d rather have that than a forever turd.
There is nothing wrong about being hype about a game you are excited about, but that hype needs to come from gameplay yourself see or demo or based on developer's pervious works instead of just other people hyping. With Bethesda people should know by now how buggy and broken their games can be, to the point that even they themselves make joke about it! Now these same people with same shitty engine were attempting to make online only game, What else can you expect to happen other than a broken mess?

John Day

There is nothing wrong about being hype about a game you are excited about, but that hype needs to come from gameplay yourself see or demo or based on developer's pervious works instead of just other people hyping. With Bethesda people should know by now how buggy and broken their games can be, to the point that even they themselves make joke about it! Now these same people with same shitty engine were attempting to make online only game, What else can you expect to happen other than a broken mess?
I completely agree with you.

Myths

I'll never understand people who pre-order digital games. What's the panic? They're going to run out of bits on release day or something?

Just hang back for a bit to see if the next big game is a disaster. A day or two won't kill you.
Same, but usually it includes some kind of special edition or pass bs as incentive. I know you just meant regular ass pre-order though

Dacon

Banned
The thing is though, Rare never made any promises that everything they talked about would be available day one.

They never specified any of that content as post launch either. When they game launches with none of that stuff and people have little content to play with theyre going to be sore.

If you mean pre-ordering digitally then what happens if the game is a buggy mess? Or if it's just a terrible game? You're stuck with it. A day or so waiting would save this aggro. At least with discs you could trade them in or flog it on eBay.
I was upset with Fallout 76 but I still enjoyed my time with it but overall it could of been better.

I was upset how Destiny 2 went but it has got better but that is no excuse the shit launch.

About it really that's let me down, would I of not bought them if I knew they was shit? i was on the Beta for both games and knew they was "meh" but still enjoyed my time with them, not everyone thinks £50 for a weekends entertainment is a waste, I order pizzas that cost more and i flush them down the bog the next day.
Fucking hell I spent that on viewing Endgame at the cinema..

Top Bottom