• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

After many delays, Lone Echo II is out. Now. LE1 and Echo VR free in bundle.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter

Other than perhaps Half Life: Alyx, Lone Echo is arguably the best and most AAA VR exclusive title. It hasn't gotten nearly the hype as those games that have existing IP attached but Lone Echo is something unique and powerful that does something only possible in VR. The sequel has been a long time coming, spending over 5 years in development. It is likely to be the last PC-exclusive title produced by Oculus Studios.

PSA: There is a bundle on the Oculus Store that includes LE1, LE2, and Echo VR for $39.98, so buy that instead of the stand-alone SKU (which is one penny more).

Keihart

I had no idea when it was coming out, the launch date trailer flew completely under my radar despite being interested in the game since announcement.
Pretty shit advertisement from Oculus honestly.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I had no idea when it was coming out, the launch date trailer flew completely under my radar despite being interested in the game since announcement.
Pretty shit advertisement from Oculus honestly.
Stunningly poor marketing. I think it says a lot about how Oculus sees the PC VR market at this point. The game was greenlit 5 years ago when that was less clear, and it's simply beyond the scope where it could be ported to Rift reasonably without a lot of extra dev time, so I think they're just putting it out and not sinking money into marketing costs for what they see as a legacy market.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Lone Echo 2 reviewed by Jordan Oloman on PC and Oculus Quest 2 via Air Link.

Lone Echo 2's wickedly fun movement tech and decadent graphics help to deliver an enjoyable space drama spectacle in VR. But beyond its looks and zero-G antics, Lone Echo 2 has very little to offer thanks to a focus on repetitive, uninspired puzzle gameplay and a story that barely develops its characters and offers few surprises. VR newcomers will rightfully be impressed by what it does well, but seasoned headset users should look for something with better pacing and meatier mechanics.

Top Bottom