• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2017 |OT| Big Trouble in Little China starring David Koch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dommo

YEEEEEAAAH BOOOOOY

rWEpJ5a.gif

legend166

Fuck yeah go the Mighty Crows!

lol. What a regrettable statement.

Haha, I feel like Geelong fans were just as surprised at last week's win as the rest of us!

What a weird finals series for them. Two soul crushing defeats and a soul crushing inflicted on another team.

Been saying since round 4 in this thread that the crows have the flag on lock.

It doesn't matter who they play next week, they have about a ten goal average margin against Richmond and gws this season, so I'm ready to party.

Cats are far from unbeatable (if you want to talk dodgy calls for Geelong at Kardinia Park, get around the game vs Port the week before) but they just seem to constantly have the Crows number. I don't think the Crows will win next week, and, until they can learn to shake a tag for Sloane, they aren't a genuine contender in my book.

How bout now?

They have three players in the midfield who could be all Australian (Sloane, crouch brothers), the best forward line in the comp (with betts, walker, lynch, taking the best three defenders, leaves Cameron, McGovern, Seedsman and Jenkins to carve up) and the best backline (laird, Thalia, lever plus More haha).

No other team is as well balanced as the crows.

Pretty much all players other than walker, Sloane, lynch, Tahlia and betts are 25 and under (inclucing all Australian squaddies lever, crouch bros, smith, laird, lever).

I'm calling it early, crows will get a three-peat.

You have to think as well, crows don't have a top ten draft pick, a father son pick (jarman was taken with a normal pick), a neafl or qafl priority pick, salary cap concessions, and were barred from first round picks for two years, and this is the squad they have assembled. It's UNPRECIDENTED!

Dommo

You have to think as well, crows don't have a top ten draft pick, a father son pick (jarman was taken with a normal pick), a neafl or qafl priority pick, salary cap concessions, and were barred from first round picks for two years, and this is the squad they have assembled. It's UNPRECIDENTED!

Add in the shocking loss of our coach just two years ago and the rampant departures of high quality players, most recently Dangerfield, and yeah, you've got something pretty special. Not really sure why Richmond are being billed as the underdog/fairytale story of the year. You've got that right here.

fisheyes

Been saying since round 4 in this thread that the crows have the flag on lock.

It doesn't matter who they play next week, they have about a ten goal average margin against Richmond and gws this season, so I'm ready to party.

How bout now?

They have three players in the midfield who could be all Australian (Sloane, crouch brothers), the best forward line in the comp (with betts, walker, lynch, taking the best three defenders, leaves Cameron, McGovern, Seedsman and Jenkins to carve up) and the best backline (laird, Thalia, lever plus More haha).

No other team is as well balanced as the crows.

Pretty much all players other than walker, Sloane, lynch, Tahlia and betts are 25 and under (inclucing all Australian squaddies lever, crouch bros, smith, laird, lever).

I'm calling it early, crows will get a three-peat.

Your forward and backlines were never the problem, it was your mids... but they are the full package now for sure. The Crouch's - especially Matt's - second half of the season was great, and Sloane did learn to shake those tags reasonably well (also the emergence of those other players took focus away from him which helps). Greenwood I don't think was playing at that point and has come out as a nice little option too, and neither was Seedsman looked good last night.

You'll win it next week, unless the AFL decides they want another Victorian team fairytale and you get reamed by the umps. Hell, the way you're playing, you probably would win it anyway. Living in South Australia will be painful as shit, I'm moving to Pyongyang.

Your forward and backlines were never the problem, it was your mids... but they are the full package now for sure. The Crouch's - especially Matt's - second half of the season was great, and Sloane did learn to shake those tags reasonably well (also the emergence of those other players took focus away from him which helps). Greenwood I don't think was playing at that point and has come out as a nice little option too, and neither was Seedsman looked good last night.

You'll win it next week, unless the AFL decides they want another Victorian team fairytale and you get reamed by the umps. Hell, the way you're playing, you probably would win it anyway. Living in South Australia will be painful as shit, I'm moving to Pyongyang.

haha, yeah my port mates IRL are hating it at the moment too. Especially after the last week or so with Hinkley saga.

Yep, Greenwood is going to be good.

I still felt we were given a very rough ride by the umpires last night.

Add in the shocking loss of our coach just two years ago and the rampant departures of high quality players, most recently Dangerfield, and yeah, you've got something pretty special. Not really sure why Richmond are being billed as the underdog/fairytale story of the year. You've got that right here.

Yep, I agree the crows are the fairy-tale:

Phil Davis left for cash
Bock left for cash
Gunston went home chasing a flag, lucky for him he got it.
Dangerfield went home and a pay rise, literally knocked out last night
Tippett left for cash

Dean Bailey comes to Adelaide as the senior advising coach to Sanderson. Gets found guilty for tanking while coaching at Melbourne. Melbourne don't get punished but Bailey gets suspended and has to sit out while at Adelaide - we got punished for Melbourne tanking! Then he comes back for a short period and gets cancer and passes away. Sanderson can't coach well without him.

Finally get rid of Steven Trigg - that was the best decision ever for the football club. He was shit and Fagan is unbelievable. New outside ideas, great business mind, increases spend on the coaching department.

We sign Phil Walsh and people are laughing at us - Phil who? Turns the club and player mentality around completely. Then he is gone, but the foundation had been set.

This galvanised the playing group. There was a story on Bigfooty of Tex calling the players in and then all the players making a pact to play for Phil and win a flag for him. Danger agrees and then leaves the club a few months later.

Dommo

Fuck yeah go the Mighty Crows!

Moogle, I don't have an account on BigFooty but I lurk and saw you post the gif but that you didn't know where it's from. I snagged it from Nineteen Ninety Seven, the Crows doco leading up to our first GF that aired last week. It's actually very well made and quite comprehensive. Pretty easy to watch on YouTube right now so it's worth a look sometime this week!

I knew Radelaide would thump Sydney or Geelong. They are a well drilled side while Swans/Cats were just making up the numbers.

That quote's actually referencing the match from the week before! Syd v Geelong

Rezbit

I think Adelaide and Richmond would be a pretty fitting GF. I think every team had at least one or two howlers this year, but those two seem like the best teams.

Both teams have got a bit of a story about them, just hope for a close game!

Mr_Moogle

Moogle, I don't have an account on BigFooty but I lurk and saw you post the gif but that you didn't know where it's from. I snagged it from Nineteen Ninety Seven, the Crows doco leading up to our first GF that aired last week. It's actually very well made and quite comprehensive. Pretty easy to watch on YouTube right now so it's worth a look sometime this week!

That quote's actually referencing the match from the week before! Syd v Geelong

Cheers heaps. I was meaning to watch the doco but wanted to wait to see if we made the GF first. :D

DeSo

Banned
Best GF! Don't really care who wins it. Crows deserve to win it but will be happy for the Tigers if they get up. Gonna be a fun watch.

Great match, really excited for next week. Looking forward to seeing Melbourne become Tigerland for a little bit.

That said, I don't think next week is going to be close.

What a great season it's been.

As a 33 year old Richmond supporter this is the best they've ever done in my life. I want them to win against the crows but win or lose they've done well. I'm so proud of them!!!

Honestly don't know who I want to win.
The Crows have been the best all year but not so much better than anyone else.
And Richmond, c'mon man. Give the guys a break.
I would like to see a tiges win but Eddie Betts deserves a premiership.

BunnyBear

After such a fantastic season the final series has been a complete fizzer. Only 1 of the 8 finals was close.

In saying that, I think we got our ideal GF. A deserving Crows team and a fairytale Richmond surge to the Granny. Up the Tiges!

bomma_man

Richmond are the only team (apart from West Coast in the first week) that have sustained any kind of pressure from the opposition (first three quarters of the qualifying final, first half yesterday), but that’s only because Adelaide have blown the other team away from the word go. I’m not sure which is the better preparation.

Also, seems like the hysteria about the bye week has had the air taken out of it a bit, although I think we’ll need to see another year to make any definitive statements.

Zushin

Really disappointed our VFL boys lost it like that at the end, but still really proud of their efforts to get to a GF. Good for the game that a standalone team won it aswell. On to the Crows!

jambo

So the trade period has been insanely good for Port, pretty unbelievable after last year's.

Rockliff, Motlop and Watts should come together nicely.

What's Richmond fever like in Melbourne? I feel like football has been completely forgotten about here in Adelaide but I know I'd still be hearing about it if the Crows had have won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom