• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2017 |OT| Big Trouble in Little China starring David Koch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tipped essendon at first and then wanted to change but the old man wouldn't let because he already put it in "the computer" (his A4 notebook). Consolation to that is he is a massive Brisbane fan and even he tipped the bombers.

AxeMan

Walker needs to get suspended for that dirty hit.

Nah. Should have been a free though.

What it did highlight is how players have increasingly been pushing in the back after someone has taken a mark, especially if it takes them over the boundary - happens all the time.

If umpires played a 50 against someone who did it then it would be stamped out pretty quick.

They'll play a good grand final this year hopefully, since it's clear that the Power is not making it :/

Crows will beat cats in a couple of weeks. The last time we played them, there were three calls which ended up in goals for the cats, Selwood and danger played as well as they could and crows played as bad as they could, yet it was only a five goal margin iirc.

So if the crows play gws or cats at Adelaide oval, if they get a home prelim ahead of gws or cats, I think crows will win.

Walker needs to get suspended for that dirty hit.
Did Hodge get suspended when he did the same (actually worse) to Wingard? At least Walker showed genuine compassion after the fact but scumbag Hodge pleaded innocence and ignorance with filthy hit.

fisheyes

Crows will beat cats in a couple of weeks. The last time we played them, there were three calls which ended up in goals for the cats, Selwood and danger played as well as they could and crows played as bad as they could, yet it was only a five goal margin iirc.

So if the crows play gws or cats at Adelaide oval, if they get a home prelim ahead of gws or cats, I think crows will win.

Cats are far from unbeatable (if you want to talk dodgy calls for Geelong at Kardinia Park, get around the game vs Port the week before) but they just seem to constantly have the Crows number. I don't think the Crows will win next week, and, until they can learn to shake a tag for Sloane, they aren't a genuine contender in my book.

jambo

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-10/hawk-legend-to-call-it-quits-at-seasons-end

HAWTHORN'S dual Norm Smith medallist Luke Hodge has announced he will retire at season's end, drawing the curtain on a brilliant career that will be 300 games deep on Saturday.

He told the media conference that the decision to retire was one he had been "pretty clear on for a while".

Hodge said that if he played on next season he would have been hampering the development of younger players.

"Mentally and physically, I still feel really good," he said.

Coach Alastair Clarkson described his former skipper as "a once in a generation type of player", and praised the "sacrificial manner" in which Hodge had played the game.

Career highlights

No.1 overall pick, 2001 AFL Draft
Games: 299
Goals: 192
Captain: 2011-2016
Premierships: 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015
Norm Smith Medal: 2008, 2014
All Australian team: 2005, 2008, 2010 (captain)
Peter Crimmins Medal: 2005, 2010
NAB AFL Rising Star nominee: 2002

Hello! Finally able to post after a long time lurking these forums.

Followed the Neogaf AFL OT since 2015 and happy to be able to post here during such an awesome season.

Bulldogs supporter, disappointed we are almost out of contention but on the other hand, at least last year happened. Will be going to the Carlton game on Sunday and very worried about it.

What a crazy season.

jambo

Welcome to the thread, good to see more sons of the west.

The 2016 GF is one of my favourites, going to watch it again soon, after a few of the mid 00s ones.

And yes, this season is the best in years. I have no idea how Port are 4th...

KAP151

Lethlean and simkiss... talk about pissing your careers away.

Busted big time. Lose your very high profile and well paying jobs, not to mention the damage done to your families.

Idiots.

jambo

I was totally expecting the presser to be in relation to the Hird Norm Smith situation, but this was totally out of left field.

Such a stupid thing to do.

1/3 So far this round. Port finally going according to plan.

Sydney/GWS is probably the most interesting match of the round, pity it isn't being shown on free TV.

fisheyes

I know its only the Kangas, but Port looked good today.

Both tonights games should be belters. Sydney and Melbourne for mine.

I know its only the Kangas, but Port looked good today.

Both tonights games should be belters. Sydney and Melbourne for mine.
What we need is a milestone game every week and we'll be fine. Should've dropped Ollie, Jackson or Sam for a game each a few weeks back so we'd have a run of three in a row.

fisheyes

What we need is a milestone game every week and we'll be fine. Should've dropped Ollie, Jackson or Sam for a game each a few weeks back so we'd have a run of three in a row.

Trengove celebrating his 151st, aka his 'Mew' game next week, surely worth something?

Westlo

I always try to suppress hope but man, when we're on we look like world beaters

It's true. We really should've been 4th after last nights game too :/

If we make the finals and if we're in form....

Laverde looking real good in the VFL as well..

jambo

N4dMs5S.png

Friday July 21st
Adelaide vs. Geelong @ Adelaide Oval

Saturday July 22nd
Essendon vs. North Melbourne @ Etihad Stadium
Melbourne vs. Port Adelaide @ The MCG
Western Bulldogs vs. Gold Coast @ Cazaly's Stadium
Sydney vs. St. Kilda @ The SCG
Fremantle vs. Hawthorn @ Domain Stadium

Sunday July 23rd
Richmond vs. Greater Western Sydney @ The MCG
Collingwood vs. West Coast @ Etihad Stadium
Brisbane vs. Carlton @ The Gabba

Round 18 Teams

fisheyes

And in news that would probably have been more relevant and entertaining 10 years ago, Eddie is back as host of the footy show. Apparently Sam Newman had a temper tantrum on air last night, people suspected he was getting fired, but then out of nowhere today Craig Hutchinson was announced out and McGuire in.

Oh, the drama.

And in news that would probably have been more relevant and entertaining 10 years ago, Eddie is back as host of the footy show. Apparently Sam Newman had a temper tantrum on air last night, people suspected he was getting fired, but then out of nowhere today Craig Hutchinson was announced out and McGuire in.

Oh, the drama.

I havent watched the footy show since before McGuire left last time. it had already to turned shit then. I wonder if Eddie will try and get Trevor back.

Guffers

So I see that AFL Evolution was released onto Steam today. I diligently bought it for $49.99 US (Realistically I know it's going to be quite bad but I have to support the concept of an AFL video game. I've been playing them since the NES days). I boot it up on my brand spanking new 1080ti and it runs like hot garbage at 1080p. Holy crap guys. I know this was probably produced on a shoe string budget but still...

Go Crows!

Cats are far from unbeatable (if you want to talk dodgy calls for Geelong at Kardinia Park, get around the game vs Port the week before) but they just seem to constantly have the Crows number. I don't think the Crows will win next week, and, until they can learn to shake a tag for Sloane, they aren't a genuine contender in my book.

I said in about round 4, the crows have the flag on lock this year.

If they get two home games in the finals, they will make the Grannie. If they play anyone other than Sydney in the Grannie, they will win it. Sydney are the only team who would make the Grand final and happily tag sloane out the game, the rest of the teams would go in with a "our midfield will beat their midfield" attitude IMO.

Two of their losses this year have come at smaller ground and weird conditions which suited the opposition way more than us (North in Tassie and Geelong at Kardinia). The also lost to Hawks, who can still beat anyone on their day.

Their worst game by far was the Melbourne loss.

When you think they still have a fair bit of room for improvement (still learning to deal with Sloane tags, Lever to come back, Lynch back to match fitness, eddie being off the boil. Matt Crouch and Kelly and Greenwood still on steep learning curves), they are looking pretty good IMO. The have the best balanced squad in the league.

fisheyes

Go Crows!

They certainly look the goods at the moment, but I'm still not convinced. Still, hard to argue with any of what you've said, apart from this:

If they get two home games in the finals, they will make the Grannie. If they play anyone other than Sydney in the Grannie, they will win it. Sydney are the only team who would make the Grand final and happily tag sloane out the game, the rest of the teams would go in with a "our midfield will beat their midfield" attitude IMO.

At this stage - and this could change if he can learn to break it - tagging Sloane is like a cheat code to beating the Crows. Geelong didn't do it last night and he ran amok, Bulldogs chose not to do and lost, etc. I guarantee every team will run a hard tag on him in the finals, until it doesn't work at least.

jambo

N4dMs5S.png

Friday July 28th
Hawthorn vs. Sydney @ The MCG

Saturday July 29th
North Melbourne vs. Melbourne @ Blundstone Arena
Greater Western Sydney vs. Fremantle @ Spotless Stadium
Port Adelaide vs. St Kilda @ Adelaide Oval
Gold Coast vs. Richmond @ Metricon Stadium
Carlton vs. Geelong @ Etihad Stadium

Sunday July 30th
Western Bulldogs vs. Essendon @ Etihad Stadium
Collingwood vs. Adelaide @ The MCG
West Coast vs. Brisbane @ Domain Stadium

Round 19 Teams

jambo

1/3 so far, would've tipped Sydney, but I got sick and completely blanked on it.

Hopefully Port can keep it together.

Hard to watch the game today (Crows), but I can't deny it's been an entertaining season. Loving how chaotic and unpredictable it is. Think my husband is going to have an ulcer by the end, though. He actually had to get up and hit something after we
started closing the gap in the 4th quarter then let it run away again.

lol, when you draw with Collingwood, you know you fucked up.

Better than a loss! Can't believe we're still on top, though. It doesn't feel like we're doing very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom