• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Games Thread 2020 - Get To The POINT Where It All CLICKS

DlhZmsN.png

Now, listen here Ace Investigations... We've gatta have a talk about these puns.

I love these puns.

Last edited:
Recently, Francisco Gonzalez of Grundislav Games (Ben Jordan, Shardlight, Lamplight City) launched the steam page for his next project, Rosewater, and with it a new trailer. The game is a western set in the same universe as Lamplight City with a release scheduled for 2021.

Not too many westerns adventures I can think of or even western games generally outside of a few examples (red dead, call of juarez, gun). Imo Francisco's greatest talent as a game dev is his world-building so I'm interested to see his take on the setting. Still need to finish Lamplight City, too.

PhoenixTank

I've been keeping an eye on "Lair of the Clockwork God" by Dan Marshall for a while now. Due out Feb 21st.
Part point & click, part platformer with a good smattering of British humour if past games are anything to go by. A bit of a hybrid, but I think it fits in here.

Over a decade ago, Dan made Ben There, Dan That! and Time Gentlemen, Please! (heavy 90s LucasArts influence on both), so I'm excited to finally see a return to the genre.

Last edited:
Beautiful Desolation announces its release status as "coming soon" with an amazing new trailer (from GOG.com):

A 2D isometric adventure game set in the distant future and a post-apocalyptic landscape. BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION from THE BROTHERHOOD studio is coming soon on GOG.COM.

Solve puzzles, meet new friends and make powerful enemies, and most importantly, mediate conflicts and fight for your life as you unravel the secrets of the world around you.

I've still yet to play The Brotherhood's first game, Stasis, but I'm certainly going to jump it up the list as my hype for Beautiful Desolation continues toward its peak. The game looks absolutely astonishing and even within the brief glimpses of narrative we've been given there is a self evident commitment to lore and world-building. Can't wait to dive in. Hopefully "soon" is actually rather soon.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Beautiful Desolation announces its release status as "coming soon" with an amazing new trailer (from GOG.com):

I've still yet to play The Brotherhood's first game, Stasis, but I'm certainly going to jump it up the list as my hype for Beautiful Desolation continues toward its peak. The game looks absolutely astonishing and even within the brief glimpses of narrative we've been given there is a self evident commitment to lore and world-building. Can't wait to dive in. Hopefully "soon" is actually rather soon.

That's thread worthy, do eet (but with the dev's channel).

Last edited:

New trailer from CBE Software (known for J.U.L.I.A Among The Stars) for their upcoming game: Someday You'll Return. It shows off some of the games puzzling and a few never before seen locations. In addition, they've revealed the release date to be April 14th of this year. So we're just a few months away from the launch of this horror adventure.

Started playing STASIS to see what kind of chops The Brotherhood have got, in anticipation for the release of Beautiful Desolation. So far I'm digging it. Finding a lot of similarities between STASIS and other "abandoned space station horror" games like Dead Space or System Shock. You wake up from a medically educed coma not knowing where you are, faint memories of a missing family, tasked with piecing together the horrific state of things via abandoned logs from deceased crew. All that is fairly standard and done competently enough but what's unique about STASIS is the unflinching level of human horror The Brotherhood is willing to take it to. I just got up to the giant vats of partially formed human experiments, swimming in a viscous morass of bio-organic fluids. It's already very fucked up and it feels like the games just getting started.

I will say they could do a bit better with framing their puzzles through the narrative. I find myself solving things without really knowing the motivation behind what I'm doing at times. For instance it would have been nice to know that John was intending to electrify the vat of malformed clones or even kill them in some way. Just so I have an actual goal in mind when I'm piecing things together.

In any case I'm enjoying it so far. The visuals are really good, too.

In other news, The Blind Prophet launches today! New launch trailer for the occasion:

Obviously I won't be playing this just yet, but I intend to fairly soon. Hopefully the game gets some reviews and attention so we can get a sense of how it turned out.

Fuz

Banned
Yeah, Stasis is more than decent. Not very original, but a good game.

piecing together the horrific state of things via abandoned logs from deceased crew
I hate this type of storytelling so fucking much. It's so lazy.

I tried the Blind Prophet demo months ago, and while more than competent, I'm not very sold on it, for some reason I don't fully grasp.

Last edited:
Yeah, Stasis is more than decent. Not very original, but a good game.

I hate this type of storytelling so fucking much. It's so lazy.

I tend to agree, especially with the extent it's relied on in STASIS. It's one of those VG story-telling tropes that I've come to grin and bear because it's so commonplace. You're right it is lazy, unnecessary too, when the plot of STASIS offers up ample opportunity for much more creative environmental storytelling. Why not learn about the security guards romantic obsession with another crew member through a history of his previously observed surveillance feeds, for instance? It would actually make more sense than yet another PDA Journal.

In any case, I've finished the game now and I did enjoy it. The plot is derivative but well executed (At certain points I wondered if the devs had Dead Space and BioShock running in the background while writing this game). The visual design is phenomenal and gameplay is tight. I found the puzzles to be in a good sweet spot of challenge with only a few silly ones in the mix. I didn't need a walkthrough at any point. I was correct in assuming the game would continue its upward trajectory of human horror, and good god it did. Some of those scenarios at the end are downright gruesome, even from the relatively distanced isometric perspective.

After playing STASIS I'm confident that The Brotherhood can really deliver something special with Beautiful Desolation. They've already got a much more interesting and unique setting. If the full game makes good on that in the way the trailers seem to indicate BD could be something special.

Reactions: Fuz
So, I'm not typically one for online petitions but I've seen this one for Gabriel Knight 4 getting passed around. After listening to a recent episode of The Adventure Games Podcast and learning that the creators of the petition have been in contact with Jane Jensen and her husband, I decided to sign. Apparently, there is an eye being kept on it. I'm not under the delusion that this will result in a sequel any time soon but sometimes things like this can get the ball rolling in some capacity.

Petition for Gabriel Knight 4: Resurrect The Shadowhunter.
GABRIEL KNIGHT 4: Resurrect the Shadowhunter is a petition targeted at Activision Blizzard, for a new chapter in the game trilogy.

The Gabriel Knight games need very little introduction.

The Schattenjäger-trilogy has been the subject of dozens of fan-made petitions for well over a decade, ever since the third installment of the series (Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned) was released in 1999 with an unresolved cliffhanger ending.

Tens of thousands of loyal fans have signed petitions, created amazing websites and campaigns, sent emails, and even mailed letters to Activision begging for a fourth chapter in the game series for a time that seems like an eternity. Game magazines, and other game studios have embraced the passion and shared their love and support towards these attempts, but so far to no avail.

Originally released by the legendary adventure game studio Sierra On-Line, the Gabriel Knight games came to a sudden halt when the studio shut down and the copyright of Gabriel Knight were sold to Vivendi (later acquired by Activision). The rise of first person shooter-games had begun, and pressure to create 3D graphic games might've been a factor in this.

Jane Jensen, the author and designer of all three GK-games has tried to acquire the copyright of her beloved character Gabriel for a long time. In 2014, a 20th Anniversary Remaster (Phoenix Online) of the first Gabriel Knight adventure was released, in the hopes of revitalizing the series. Things did not go as planned, and soon enough the idea of continuing the saga was buried AGAIN.

As fans of Gabriel Knight Mysteries, we urge Activision Blizzard to please either produce a fourth Gabriel Knight game written by Jane Jensen, or transfer the character to Jane Jensen herself. As fans who've adored the work of Jensen since the beginning, we feel there is no better time than right now. Let this petition serve as our heartfelt appeal for a completed Gabriel Knight saga, and our fight for what we believe in.

Activision, please let us have a proper ending to the story of Gabriel, the way Jane Jensen originally planned it*.

Fuz

Banned
Nothing will come out of it, but signed nonetheless.

P.S.
Fuck activision.

P.P.S.
Also fuck change.org for making me go through all those "SHARE NOW! SUPPORT!" bullshit after I sign any petition.

Last edited:
If nothing else (Likelihood: HIGH), we'll have at the very least gotten this wonderfully heartfelt fan testimonial. She literally made a travel guide to compare locations with GK 3 screenshots on her vacation.

Activision, Susana from Catalonia deserves GK4, you bastards.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Technobabylon - Medium Difficulty
So, technically I already included this game in the recommendations for last year and I intended not to have repeat entries, but... Here's the thing: you gatta fucking play Technobabylon. Any of the AdventureGAF regulars already know how hard I stan for this game. There's a good reason for that. I genuinely believe Technobabylon is a modern classic and the best adventure game the indie scene has produced. If you have anything resembling an interest in science fiction, cyberpunk or cool shit in general then just play this game, already.

It's good, is what I'm trying to say.

ZPAkH0N.jpg

Just want to add my recommendation to this. It's a fantastic game, beautifully written with some really cool mechanics and absolutely dripping with atmosphere. Probably my favourite modern (ie post-Lucas) adventure.

nikolino840

Is this an HD remaster of the Spanish classic? I can't think of anything else but it looks way too different, too "serious"

Mmmh.. maybe!
I have played some parts many many years ago and i Remember only the title and that was fun playing :D

Maybe i have played What you have posted 👍

Last edited:
Is this an HD remaster of the Spanish classic? I can't think of anything else but it looks way too different, too "serious"

It's actually a sequel/spiritual successor to Hollywood Monsters. I totally love The Next Big Thing and think it's very under rated/under appreciated. Replayed it last year and it's just as good as it ever was. Great cast of characters, fun dialogue with a lot of funny running jokes and it looks fantastic. Total hidden gem of a comedy adventure game. What I wouldn't give for another Liz & Dan adventure (especially Liz).

That game is Called The Next BIG Thing;

Released last year on PC under the title The Next Big Thing, Hollywood Monsters is a hilarious adventure game from the creators of Runaway, and its coming to your iDevices December 6.

Well, last year as in 9 years ago lol. I'm assuming that was just part of the description from the games website or steam page.

My bad Sorry
No worries, if anything the game deserves more attention.

v7rzU8o.jpg

Oof, the translators for Ace Investigations 2 are not winning any points with lines like this. The first case was totally solid, I really hope they didn't pepper in too many cringe worthy meme lines like this throughout the game.

On Day 3 in Whispers of a Machine! Great game!

I had a lot of fun with Whispers of a Machine and it recently swept up in the 2020 Aggie Awards. Winning best story, best traditional adventure and the readers choice for aoty. I do think the 3rd act was a bit too rushed and I wished it had ended stronger. But I'm glad that Clifftop Games is getting some shine. I'd really like another Kathy Rain game from them, personally.

Last edited:
Hi guys, long time no see.

Great new thread Vampire On Titus Vampire On Titus - Another adventuring year over ;)

Anyway, stumbled over an amazing game 2 days ago on the Switch for only $2.99 atm (Also available on PC and other platforms ofc)

The Count Lucanor:

The game is from 2017 (sorry if you already know it) and considering the graphics and the relative obscurity of the title I was rather skeptical at first. It‘s a puzzle-adventure with an amazingly rich, creepy-weird fairytale (in a good way) story, multiple endings, decisions, different solutions for the playthrough and clever puzzles.

I was hooked after about 10 minutes when the story started to unfold and that didn‘t stop until the very last minute. The puzzles aren‘t extremely hard or illogical and the game clocks in at about 5 - 7 hours but I‘m gonna replay rather soon because just when I entered the last chapter I’d realized that I could‘ve experienced an entirely different playthrough if I‘ve made different choices or solved certain puzzles in another way.

The inventive, creative and also at times bone-chilling story shines most, lots of lore and secrets to discover. Everything in Count Lucanor clicks together very well - It’s no coincidence the Steam rating is Very Positive :)

If you‘ve got a Switch and you’re intrigued by the what you’ve read and/or seen in the review video(s) definitely check this gem out for the steal of $2.99 (but even the $ 9.99 for PC/Steam atm are well worth the price of admission for this captivating experience).

Last edited:

New Backbone trailer alongside the announcement that the game is now being published by Raw Fury. Who, funnily enough, are also (apparently) publishing the aesthetically similar Last Night. The trailer is mostly a new cut of stuff we've already seen/played if you already played the freely available Backbone Prologue. I'm hoping there's more to the puzzling than just decoding keypads. They should start showing off more of the detective gameplay soon, if they've got it.

Also, today LUNA The Shadow Dust launched. I've been playing it for a while already and It's really good. I get the feeling that I'm nearing the end soon so the game isn't all that long but there's some really clever puzzles in there and the aesthetics are fantastic.

Played The Next Big Thing as Hollywood Monsters a few years ago and agree with Vampire On Titus Vampire On Titus - Definitely would deserve mire attention. Same as with Yesterday and especially Yesterday Origins. Pity Pendulo has been hanging on a thread after their Runaway success despite mostly always churning out quality point‘n‘click stuff.

Blacksad‘s not exactly my cup of tea though even though I‘d been looking forward to the game for quite a while. Wasn‘t exactly like their other games though, as they toned down on puzzles a lot. Looks as if they tried a new approach after the rather meager sales of Origins :/

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
meager sales of Origins
Sad, 'cause Origins is actually their best game.

The Next Big Thing is totally new to me, but it looks pretty nice. I can't remember if I played Hollywood Monsters back then. Am I the only moron who completely forget some of the games I played*?

* Also happens with books. Not with comics or movies, weirdly.

Last edited:
Thank you frogmeetsdog frogmeetsdog , was waiting on your return.

The game looks cool, I don't have a switch but I'll keep the PC version in mind next time I'm in the mood for some indie horror. Thanks for sharing.

That‘s nice. Well, you‘ve got me back now ;)

Edit: If you ever get around to playing it, definitely let me know what you thought. Would be interested in your (Count Lucanor) takeaway.

Last edited:
Justin Wack an the Big Time Hack got funded btw. They say estimated delivery is Dec 2020 but you know how it is with Kickstarter games (can‘t remember a single one that wasn‘t delayed at least once). Anyway, looks like a cool classic inventory based Point‘n‘Click:

Sad, 'cause Origins is actually their best game.

The Next Big Thing is totally new to me, but it looks pretty nice. I can't remember if I played Hollywood Monsters back then. Am I the only moron who completely forget some of the games I played*?

* Also happens with books. Not with comics or movies, weirdly.
Don‘t beat yourself up ;) - I consider myself a Pendulo fan and even I only discovered the game by accident through recommendations when I downloaded Runaway 3. It‘s not their best title, some puzzles are pretty far fetched and the story is a bit all over the place. Iirc it wasn‘t too long either.

It‘s not my favorite Pendulo title but I still liked it very much though despite it‘s shortcomings. I‘d say if you liked the previous Pendulo titles, you‘ll definitely appreciate this one too.

Last edited:
I've been keeping an eye on "Lair of the Clockwork God" by Dan Marshall for a while now. Due out Feb 21st.
Part point & click, part platformer with a good smattering of British humour if past games are anything to go by. A bit of a hybrid, but I think it fits in here.

Over a decade ago, Dan made Ben There, Dan That! and Time Gentlemen, Please! (heavy 90s LucasArts influence on both), so I'm excited to finally see a return to the genre.

Wow, I‘m glad I finally visited here again. The trailer looks absolutely bonkers and can‘t believe I hadn‘t heard of Ben There, Dan That! and Time Gentlemen, Please! before. Looks absolutely amazing and the reviews speak for themselves. Seems like another PnC that undeservedly has been flying under the radar.

Last edited:
Finished playing LUNA The Shadow Dust and long story short I loved it. Gorgeous aesthetic throughout the game and that goes for the visuals, sound design, music, everything. It's all right up my alley especially the traditional frame by frame hand animation. That's something I know you'll appreciate Fuz Fuz if you decide to play the game. There are occasions during the cut scenes where they dip into limited animation techniques but the strength of the designs still shine through.

It's a style of adventure game in the vein of The Neverhood, Machinarium (or the upcoming Papetura). Which means a lot of self contained puzzle rooms -- in some cases 3 to 4 rooms -- puzzles consisting of environmental manipulation/tinkering with machinery and visual story telling. I found the puzzles to be nearly all well designed with a very good ramp up in difficulty. I got through the game without needing a walkthrough. A satisfying challenge but not confounding. There's only one puzzle, early on, that I'd say is somewhat poorly designed. But even with that one I didn't struggle.

So yeah, I think LUNA is great. It's about 4 to 5 hours depending on how quickly you solve things, I'd say. The story itself is a simple one told in a tasteful, melancholic, style that reminds me of some of my favorite animated shorts like Rain Town or La Mansion en Petits Cubes. I'd give it a strong 8 to an 8.5.

Don‘t beat yourself up ;) - I consider myself a Pendulo fan and even I only discovered the game by accident through recommendations when I downloaded Runaway 3. It‘s not their best title, some puzzles are pretty far fetched and the story is a bit all over the place. Iirc it wasn‘t too long either.

It‘s not my favorite Pendulo title but I still liked it very much though despite it‘s shortcomings. I‘d say if you liked the previous Pendulo titles, you‘ll definitely appreciate this one too.

I'm all over the place when it comes to Pendulo games. I love The Next Big Thing, enjoyed Blacksad: Under The Skin despite its shortcomings (thankfully they've been steadily patching it up post release), I played Yesterday and remember not liking it but it's been too long for me to remember specifics and I think Runaway is ridiculous. There's some cheesy appeal to the story but the level of pixel hunting in that game is ungodly. Also how it makes you check & recheck certain hotspots after narrative triggers. UGH. The design can be so frustrating.

That being said I still want to play Yesterday Origins at some point and Jack Videogames Jack Videogames 's post low key sold me on playing the original Hollywood Monsters.

Also: The Brotherhood Confirms Beautiful Desolation for February 26 release - PCInvasion.
The Brotherhood announcement
Beautiful Desolation is a non-linear 2D isometric adventure game set in the distant future. Its gameplay will see players solve puzzles, build up a team consisting of various allies, and explore a long-destroyed, post-apocalyptic world. Also, Beautiful Desolation is a narrative-driven game with a unique “tribal punk” aesthetic design. The perspective and design are both primarily inspired by the classic Fallout titles released in the late 1990s.

When you consider that The Brotherhood consists of just two developers, producing a game of Beautiful Desolation’s scale is seriously impressive. Outside of necessary contracting, only Chris and his brother Nic are responsible for the end product’s gameplay.

Even so, don’t go thinking that no big names were involved in this project. The Brotherhood managed to get Mick Gordon on board to compose Beautiful Desolation’s soundtrack. Mick Gordon is a well-established composer who has been involved with titles like Killer Instinct, Need for Speed, and DOOM. He has won many awards for DOOM specifically, including Best Music/Sound Design at The Game Awards 2016.

Right now you still can’t pre-order Beautiful Desolation, but you can add it to either your Steam or GOG wishlist. While the pricing isn’t viewable on either platform right now, Chris Bischoff has confirmed the adventure game will be available on launch for $19.99.

Fuz

Banned
Finished playing LUNA The Shadow Dust and long story short I loved it. Gorgeous aesthetic throughout the game and that goes for the visuals, sound design, music, everything. It's all right up my alley especially the traditional frame by frame hand animation. That's something I know you'll appreciate Fuz Fuz Fuz Fuz if you decide to play the game. There are occasions during the cut scenes where they dip into limited animation techniques but the strength of the designs still shine through.
I checked out Luna after you mentioned it a few days ago. It's artistically wonderful, reminds me a bit of Studio Ghibli, I really like it. BUUUUUUUT... I still get those vibes. You know what I mean. At this point I'm not even sure why I do, especially since you're saying that's hand drawn frame-by-frame, maybe it's the flat colors, or the weightless characters that looks like cardboard cutouts just glued to the backgrounds... but it's kind of offputting to me. In any case, I'll probably give it a try on the next days, thanks for the reccomandation.

Last edited:
I checked out Luna after you mentioned it a few days ago. It's artistically wonderful, reminds me a bit of Studio Ghibli, I really like it. BUUUUUUUT... I still get those vibes. You know what I mean. At this point I'm not even sure why I do, especially since you're saying that's hand drawn frame-by-frame, maybe it's the flat colors, or the weightless characters that looks like cardboard cutouts just glued to the backgrounds... but it's kind of offputting to me. In any case, I'll probably give it a try on the next days, thanks for the reccomandation.

Well, when I talk about the frame by frame animation I'm specifically referring to the in game graphics. The cut-scenes use a mix of traditional animation and time/cost saving digital techniques. Basically motion tweening and other ways to manipulate a static image. So some of that stuff looks a little cheap and that might be what you're noticing.

Reviews for LUNA have been pretty good so far. I do think it's being somewhat under rated by certain outlets but overall good scores.

Vlodril

I tend to agree, especially with the extent it's relied on in STASIS. It's one of those VG story-telling tropes that I've come to grin and bear because it's so commonplace. You're right it is lazy, unnecessary too, when the plot of STASIS offers up ample opportunity for much more creative environmental storytelling. Why not learn about the security guards romantic obsession with another crew member through a history of his previously observed surveillance feeds, for instance? It would actually make more sense than yet another PDA Journal.

In any case, I've finished the game now and I did enjoy it. The plot is derivative but well executed (At certain points I wondered if the devs had Dead Space and BioShock running in the background while writing this game). The visual design is phenomenal and gameplay is tight. I found the puzzles to be in a good sweet spot of challenge with only a few silly ones in the mix. I didn't need a walkthrough at any point. I was correct in assuming the game would continue its upward trajectory of human horror, and good god it did. Some of those scenarios at the end are downright gruesome, even from the relatively distanced isometric perspective.

After playing STASIS I'm confident that The Brotherhood can really deliver something special with Beautiful Desolation. They've already got a much more interesting and unique setting. If the full game makes good on that in the way the trailers seem to indicate BD could be something special.

If you enjoyed Stasis you should try Cayne (it was free for backers of Stasis at least not sure about everybody else) and its basically the prequel on how things happen before you arrive on the beginning of Stasis.

That being said I still want to play Yesterday Origins at some point and Jack Videogames Jack Videogames 's post low key sold me on playing the original Hollywood Monsters.

I have to say the last time I played it was 20+ years ago but it's really worth a shot. The graphics might put you off because they're really inspired on Spanish comics like Mortadelo but the humor and the logic are solid, and the music and setting are aces.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member

Just want to bring this old classic to people's attention if they've never played it. I played it on the Atari ST but the video is from the Amiga - if you haven't played it you owe it to yourself to do so. Only downer is the fucking maze section, but other than that it's bloody brilliant. Like Cruise For A Corpse (also Delphine) the story sags a bit towards the end, but it's a worthwhile ride. Should be available on any good abandonware site.

Fuz

Banned
Well, I just completed Luna. Really short but really cute and atmospheric. Puzzles are not my style, but I really liked it.
But I think I missed a puzzle... the left isle isn't clickable in the chapter selection, and I don't have the penultimate video in the movie gallery. Any idea how to get there?

P.S.
Fuck the clock tower.

Just want to bring this old classic to people's attention if they've never played it. I played it on the Atari ST but the video is from the Amiga - if you haven't played it you owe it to yourself to do so. Only downer is the fucking maze section, but other than that it's bloody brilliant. Like Cruise For A Corpse (also Delphine) the story sags a bit towards the end, but it's a worthwhile ride. Should be available on any good abandonware site.

Pretty sure I played it years ago but I don't remember anything about it.

Last edited:
I have to say the last time I played it was 20+ years ago but it's really worth a shot. The graphics might put you off because they're really inspired on Spanish comics like Mortadelo but the humor and the logic are solid, and the music and setting are aces.
Actually the visuals are what mostly solid me on it. That and the setting, I really like that concept of golden age Hollywood cinema where the monsters are all real. Good to know that the puzzles are logical. That would be the one thing that'd cause concern.

Well, I just completed Luna. Really short but really cute and atmospheric. Puzzles are not my style, but I really liked it.
But I think I missed a puzzle... the left isle isn't clickable in the chapter selection, and I don't have the penultimate video in the movie gallery. Any idea how to get there?

P.S.
Fuck the clock tower.
LOL, the clock tower and the seasons puzzle were my favorite ones. Took me a while to figure out that you could add a shadow-platform to that statue by manipulating the lights.

I also was wondering about that missing scene because I don't have it either. I even went through the game again thinking it might be some NG+ bonus thing. The game is by it's nature very linear so I'm not sure where I would have missed anything but I'm gonna try to look it up later.

If you enjoyed Stasis you should try Cayne (it was free for backers of Stasis at least not sure about everybody else) and its basically the prequel on how things happen before you arrive on the beginning of Stasis.
It is free on GOG or at least it was when I grabbed it a while back. I'll probably give it a look next time I'm in the mood for some super dark horror.

PhoenixTank

Wow, I‘m glad I finally visited here again. The trailer looks absolutely bonkers and can‘t believe I hadn‘t heard of Ben There, Dan That! and Time Gentlemen, Please! before. Looks absolutely amazing and the reviews speak for themselves. Seems like another PnC that undeservedly has been flying under the radar.
Hoping it will be good too!
Not sure if you've picked up BTDT & TGP by now, but I have keys to give away:
All adventure fans welcome, of course :)

Last edited:

Release date announcement trailer for VirtuaVerse. The crisp looking cyberpunk adventure is slated for release on May 12th of this year. This is one of the games I'm most looking forward to so finally having a firm date is awesome. The new footage in the trailer looks fantastic as well. So many cool games this year.

Fuz

Banned

Release date announcement trailer for VirtuaVerse. The crisp looking cyberpunk adventure is slated for release on May 12th of this year. This is one of the games I'm most looking forward to so finally having a firm date is awesome. The new footage in the trailer looks fantastic as well. So many cool games this year.

Nice, it's also one of my most anticipated P&C. Looks great, let's hope the writing will be on par.

RAIDEN1

I am all for indie-projects that bring back the spirit/art style of Monkey Island, Full Throttle/Day of the Tentacle/Sam and Max, seeing as we won't ever get anymore of that since LucasArts ceased to exist..

World of Horror entered early access on Steam today. I played a bit tonight, and it's pretty cool so far. A strangely awesome mashup of point n click "Shadowgate" style adventure games, mixed with light rpg elements set in a Junji Ito/Lovecraft world of 80's Japan wrapped up in an 80's Macintosh package.

Hi guys, if any of you got an iPad or iPhone, esteemed mobile adventure developer Glitch Games has released a great Point’n’Click (or rather Point’n’Tap in this case) game on iOS: Veritas.

I’ve bought the game but if anybody wants and has the device to play it, the developer has given out some keys to redeem the game in the App Store for free (price usually $5/€5,50). Just take a look at this thread List Of Adventure Games (Part 2) - Toucharcade.com -

Buddy of mine just redeemed the second key 15 minutes ago despite the post being 6 days old. As the thread isn’t as well visited as it used to be, due to less adventures being released on mobile for a while now, it’s looking like a good part of the keys are still unredeemed. Good luck :)

Top Bottom