• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adult Swim cuts all ties with Justin Roiland, Rick and Morty to be recast.

badblue

Wasn’t the accusations alleged domestic violence? Unless he came forward and admitted guilt (which would make this action warranted), it seems too soon for the courts to decide his innocence or guilt.
He has referred to underage girls (he's talking to) as jailbait.

Fuck him even if he is cleared on the abuse stuff.

Thaedolus

I haven’t checked out the latest season yet but I’m not sure how the fuck you recast Rick and Morty on a show called…Rick and Morty lmfao.

Hope the guy isn’t really a shitbag but whatever it ends up being I guess it was fun while it lasted.

SaintALia

I haven’t checked out the latest season yet but I’m not sure how the fuck you recast Rick and Morty on a show called…Rick and Morty lmfao.

Hope the guy isn’t really a shitbag but whatever it ends up being I guess it was fun while it lasted.
Because it's called 'Rick and Morty', not, 'Justin Roiland'. They've re-casted a number of main characters for cartoon tv shows over the years. I think they changed Dexter from Dexter's Laboratory and people hardly seemed to notice, or maybe they did, dunno. Anyway, you get a sound-alike or just 'soft-reboot' the voices in universe or something.

Anyway, saw this coming, but I figured they wouldn't kill it, since the Rick and Morty cow is one fat ass juicy cow to keep milking.

Be interesting to see how they resolve this going forward, but I'm ready to jump off the R&M train at anytime though.

Lasha

Wasn’t the accusations alleged domestic violence? Unless he came forward and admitted guilt (which would make this action warranted), it seems too soon for the courts to decide his innocence or guilt.

Roiland has been charged felony domestic battery with corporal injury and felony false imprisonment. Criminal charges differ from the usual accusations that appear online in that a prosecutor has reviewed the evidence involved and believes there is enough to unanimously convince a jury of Roiland's guilt.

I absolutely agree that it is too early to assign guilt to Roiland. He is to be considered innocent until proven guilty. I also don't blame partners for severing ties legally due to the gravity of the charges. Roiland is probably still getting the money he is due he just won't be part of the property going forward.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
*is thirsty*
*is famous*
*could, within reason, probably hook up with any flavor of woman or man*
*decides a creepy power dynamic creator-fan relationship is a good idea*
*checks available marks*
*disappointing list*
*ah, maybe if I include teenagers, I'll get a better result*
*oh, here's one. Yup, big fan. Yes, is friendly*
*I'll just work the old Roiland magic*

GO INTO CAMWHORING YOU CHINESE MARKET PLACE HOMOSEXUAL WHORE DECK SCRUBBER

LOL I'M DETROIT DRUNK WE ALL LIKE KIDS UP HER E EE LOLLLLLLL

Rot under a jail, my dude.

Fox Mulder

Terrible. Hopefully they just go with different voices like Jack Black or something and explain it in universe instead of hiring some voice impersonator.

Justin Roiland is like 90% of that show anyways, it’ll be dead in a season. Then more people can go watch Velma!

Last edited:

Lasha

Terrible. Hopefully they just go with different voices like Jack Black or something and explain it in universe instead of hiring some voice impersonator.

Justin Roiland is like 90% of that show anyways, it’ll be dead in a season. Then more people can go watch Velma!

Mindy Kaling is the Jane Doe and a mastermind.

Jennings

Is this based on the same domestic violence stuff from a few years ago that just came to light, or is he suspected of smashing up someone new recently?

th4tguy

He is no longer involved with Squanch games either. Seeing those tweets, texts, and DM’s is damning by itself.

Griffon

A 16 year old girl, it goes beyond the racist Asian speak.

Oh God Reaction GIF

Last edited:

Toons

Banned
Was anyone watching this show for ricks stupid gravely voice? Really? Even mortys was kinda grating eventually. All you need is a fast talking douchey sound and anyone can be Rick.

As someone said, after S3, shit fell off hard. I don't even give a shit what is going on. They made good content and their heyday is over.

Top Bottom