• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

additional dates added to "Video Games Live" concert

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
any impressions on the concert? worth going to?

http://music.ign.com/articles/650/650619p1.html

September 13, 2005 - Following the success of the July 6, 2005 concert at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles, California, the producers of the Video Games Live concert have finally ironed out the particulars to take the event on the road.

Beginning on October 29th, Tommy Tallarico and Jack Wall, both acclaimed videogame composers, will take their multi-media concert event celebrating the music of videogames to a wide variety of venues, touring the country into the early part of December.

The show's program will include music from the following videogames performed live: Mario, Zelda, Halo, Metal Gear Solid, Warcraft, Myst, Castlevania, Medal of Honor, Sonic, Tron, Tomb Raider, Advent Rising, Headhunter, Beyond Good & Evil, Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon&153;, Rainbow Six, EverQuest II, Kingdom Hearts, God of War; and a classic arcade game medley featuring games from Pong to Donkey Kong.

Video Games Live North American Tour 2005
October
29 Seattle, Wash. Paramount Theatre
30 Vancouver, BC Queen Elizabeth Theatre

November1 Denver, Colo. Paramount Theatre
3 Phoenix, Ariz. Dodge Theatre
4 San Diego, Calif. San Diego Civic Theatre
5 San Jose, Calif. San Jose Civic Auditorium
6 San Francisco, Calif. Nob Hill Masonic Auditorium
9 Kansas City, Mo. Midland Theatre
10 St. Louis, Mo. The Pageant
11 Minneapolis, Minn. Orpheum Theatre
12 Chicago, Ill. Chicago Theatre
13 Columbus, Ohio Palace Theatre
14 Detroit, Mich. Opera House
15 Toronto, Ontario Massey Hall
17 Boston, Mass. Orpheum Theatre
18 Wallingford, Conn. Chevrolet Theatre
19 Washington, D.C. DAR Constitution Hall
21 New York, N.Y. Beacon Theatre
23 Philadelphia, Pa. Verizon Hall at Academy of Music
25 Cincinnati, Ohio Taft Theatre
26 Cleveland, Ohio Palace Theatre
28 Nashville, Tenn. Ryman Auditorium
December
1 Austin, Texas Bass Concert Hall

2 Dallas, Texas Nokia Theatre at Grand Prairie
3 San Antonio, Texas Laurie Auditorium

Tickets for the new tour dates can be purchased through the newly designed and updated www.videogameslive.com. Tickets previously purchased for rescheduled dates can be returned to the point of purchase for refund.

Drakken

I'm disappointed that the New Jersey shows seem to be gone. Oh well. Hopefully I'll make it to the Philly one.

So, after sitting for months on my existing tickets, in order to actually go to the rescheduled concert, I'd have to return my existing tickets, and purchase new ones, hoping I get as good seats but probably not?

...Yeah. Nice way to treat the people who bought tickets in the first place.

Kulock said:
So, after sitting for months on my existing tickets, in order to actually go to the rescheduled concert, I'd have to return my existing tickets, and purchase new ones, hoping I get as good seats but probably not?

...Yeah. Nice way to treat the people who bought tickets in the first place.

Hence why I'm not even bothering to get excited over the NYC concert date. It won't happen.

drumlord

beermonkey@tehbias said:
Nothing like packing into a crowded theater of smelly fat guys.

I can't speak for the Video Games Live concert, but the Dear Friends concert at E3 2004 was pretty respectable. My only qualm was this group of kids sitting behind me going on and on about "Sephy" before it started.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Uncle Dukey said:
The LA concert's performance was pretty disappointing. Maybe they'll get their act together for these new ones..

That's what I heard as well. Responses ranged from thinking it was lackluster to hating it entirely.

The Final Fantasy concerts are much better, save your money for those :)

beermonkey@tehbias said:
I saw a screening in June. Surprisingly varied demographic representation, with a large contingent of frumpy middle-aged women.

Funny... that's pretty much was EVERYONE has said when attending a screening.

Top Bottom