• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Addictive Games I They're Digitally, Dope!

Solarstrike

Every so often a video game comes along that grabs your attention. Minutes turn to hours whether it be building a buggy, constructing conveyors, painting patios, picking parts for a dream PC, and before you know it the clock becomes invisible. There are many games from all sorts of genres which can be addictive. From current to last generation, what are some of your picks for most addictive video game(s)?

Here's one I just picked up. It's a good one..

video credit: SMiii7Y, YouTube

teezzy

Banned

Two of my favorite games ever. I have blown through entire nights thinking I'd only play a match or two and I always get hooked on that "just one more round" mentality repeatedly

My video game crack, without a doubt

Recommended to all

Solarstrike

X-Com for the original Playstation. What a brilliant port. Up until the wee hours of the night in 1994, cleaning the streets of the alien threat. That music creeping through the old RCA 27inch tube television speakers. What a glorious thing it was planning sweet angles of attack with the Blaster Launcher. The aliens never knew what hit them (most of the time). If you could launch multiple Blaster Bombs in sequence per attack, what a sight it was. Among the ruins and smoke the alien cries of horror which I'm sure, still linger out there in space somewhere

8DPt2Pj.jpg
uGBmjNs.jpg

video credit: march12314

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Just spontaneous out of my head.
Maybe these are not the best games overall but once i started i could not stop to play these games.

Dead Cells
Katamari Damacy
Darkest Dungeon
Onrush
Burnout
Astebreed
Strider
N++
Transistor
Towerfall
Mushroom Wars

intbal

zheader.jpg

When the demo ended after 2 hours, I was very disappointed. I'm not going to say it had fantastic gameplay, but it was something new and interesting and I didn't want to stop playing. The full game comes out August 5th.

Bartski

Gold Member
zheader.jpg

When the demo ended after 2 hours, I was very disappointed. I'm not going to say it had fantastic gameplay, but it was something new and interesting and I didn't want to stop playing. The full game comes out August 5th.
totally this, it's REALLY REALLY good. 5th August is actually Early Access release of around 1/3 of the game, the whole thing is scheduled for next year and I can't wait.

intbal

totally this, it's REALLY REALLY good. 5th August is actually Early Access release of around 1/3 of the game, the whole thing is scheduled for next year and I can't wait.
I didn't know that. Bummer. I wonder if my progress in the demo will transfer to the full game :messenger_grinning_smiling:.

Bartski

Gold Member
I didn't know that. Bummer. I wonder if my progress in the demo will transfer to the full game :messenger_grinning_smiling:.
sadly not, neither will the early access save due to ongoing changes and bugfixes (via twitter) . But it's definitely worth starting from scratch, Fallout 1 vibes man.

chris121580

I made a thread about Powerwash Simulator when it first came out. I absolutely loved it. I finished everything the game has to offer and I can’t wait for more. Also looking forward to Lawnmowing Simulator.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Enter the gungeon is a game I will run at least once a week. Easily got 100 hours in it
Son of a... I was just about to post that, had a picture ready and everything, you swine!

Another game I was hooked on quite badly is..

A5pmS1Q.jpg

And Snowrunner. Snowrunner is a game that if you explained it to me i'd tell you to bore someone else, but playing it, to me, is worse than crack.

DeepSpace5D

6hKIkU0.jpg

Crypt of the Necrodancer. Highly addictive dungeon crawler/rhythm game roguelike. Punishing, but once you get the hang of it, hard to put it down. It epitomizes the “just one more run” feeling you get with a good roguelike.

Solarstrike

Just spontaneous out of my head.
Maybe these are not the best games overall but once i started i could not stop to play these games.

Dead Cells
Katamari Damacy
Darkest Dungeon
Onrush
Burnout
Astebreed
Strider
N++
Transistor
Towerfall
Mushroom Wars

Burnout(s) (before the re-release), super addictive. Just a blast to play. Dead Cells, Strider (I'm guessing the original with that stellar unique music) all excellent. Great list

zheader.jpg

I've been watching this game for a while, and the demo was even better than I'd hoped.

Damn, I thought August 5th was full release as well. Demo seems really polished, surprised it's not dropping till next year.

Solarstrike

Fable II. Just something about it that pulls me in every so often for another play through. Maybe it's that I can be the most horrible asshole ever to set foot in Albion or the most handsome bandit killer North of London. Or maybe just because I can have 10 wives and nobody bats an eye about it :pie_smiling_hearts:. They call me the Chicken Chaser. Just a brilliant series through and through.

FCciw2F.jpg
9qsrwGP.jpg

GSy1us6.jpg

Last edited:

Solarstrike

Think Metro series , with a dash of Aliens, and a helping of Kingdoms: New Lands. Until We Die is another excellent and addictive game worthy of your time. It has gamepad support too

Last edited:

Monokrom

X-Com for the original Playstation. What a brilliant port. Up until the wee hours of the night in 1994, cleaning the streets of the alien threat. That music creeping through the old RCA 27inch tube television speakers. What a glorious thing it was planning sweet angles of attack with the Blaster Launcher. The aliens never knew what hit them (most of the time). If you could launch multiple Blaster Bombs in sequence per attack, what a sight it was. Among the ruins and smoke the alien cries of horror which I'm sure, still linger out there in space somewhere

8DPt2Pj.jpg
uGBmjNs.jpg

video credit: march12314

I absolutely loved that game. The music is to die for. I remember that the savefiles took up all of the space on the memory card.
This is the european boxart. :)
s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom