• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adaptation Wishlist: What'd be your dream AAA game adaptation of a movie or book?

Mister Wolf

Killing_Bites_volume_1_cover.jpg

Killing Bites published by Konami developed by Hudson Soft.

SJRB

Gold Member
Easy: open world Berserk game where you're just the Black Swordsman hunting down Apostles and just fuck demon shit up.

Witcher 3, only as Berserk.

berserk_troll_by_lalykiasca_d6ump1s-fullview.jpg

dan76

I want to play a Star Wars game where you follow the films. I'm really just talking about the original trilogy. Apart from the snes games, there is hardly anything based on the actual story and characters. They always invent other characters and make crap up. You could expand stuff, Han has to shoot his way out of the Cantina, make it to the Falcon, space battle, sneak around the Death Star with stealth takedowns...

How hasn't there been a Mandalorian game yet? The whole show is plotted like a game with loads of fetch quests. Just make it!

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I just want a good Avatar game.
One of my most favorite IPs. ❤️

I don't have a lot of confidence in Ubisoft, but I'm still hyped because it at least gives me an Avatar game.

Also, Horizon Forbidden West was kind of an Avatar game for me and did satiate my desire a little bit: dense forest, lots of flora, unique fauna/machines, ground and flying mounts, archery, primal tribes, etc.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
The Raid by SLO Clap (Sifu devs) Give them a real AAA budget and they would knock that shit out of the park.

John Wick by Insomniac

The Revenant by Naughty Dog. A tale of revenge and survival. Brutal as fuck, visceral and intense 1 vs 1 melee combat that only they can pull off. Mixed with crafting, intense changing dynamic weather, and Industry leading facial animation that would be needed to pull off a game like this

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
The Raid by SLO Clap (Sifu devs) Give them a real AAA budget and they would knock that shit out of the park.

John Wick by Insomniac

The Revenant by Naughty Dog. A tale of revenge and survival. Brutal as fuck, visceral and intense 1 vs 1 melee combat that only they can pull off. Mixed with crafting, intense changing dynamic weather, and Industry leading facial animation that would be needed to pull off a game like this
All great ideas.

Come to think of it, John Wick with SLO Clap and a AAA budget could also be lit. They've already mastered Kung Fu combat with Sifu; they'll just need to incorporate guns and include the Gun-Fu elements.

Banned
True Lies as a Dreamcast era style action arcade game that mixes vehicle segments, melee combat and shooter segments.

High replayability, score attack modes, and local coop where the second player either plays Albert or Helen depending on the level.

Last edited:

ProtoByte

Dresden Files.
Surprised this wasn't posted sooner.
It would be logistically difficult though.

Not quite a book or movie, but semi-related to Dresden File, some solid AAA World of Darkness games would be really good. Mage and Werewolf would be great. Too bad about Paradox.

NahaNago

I don't have a dream aaa game adaptation so after thinking a bit I came up with the book series Hawk and Fisher. You have a husband and wife patrolman/cops in a medieval crazy fantasy world. The books have them solving several cases so I could easily see a game being made from this and expanding further.

For movies I always wanted a Jackie Chan like game with his over the top stunts.

I guess a more indie like game based on the Surf Ninja movie. Probably beat'em up style

NahaNago

Surprised this wasn't posted sooner.
It would be logistically difficult though.

Not quite a book or movie, but semi-related to Dresden File, some solid AAA World of Darkness games would be really good. Mage and Werewolf would be great. Too bad about Paradox.
I had thought about it, but I just couldn't see it as an enjoyable game.

Alandring

A Warhammer open world action-RPG by Creative Assembly, using the nemesis system of the Shadows of Mordor games and with all characters from the Total War: Warhammer games.

Also: Total War: Lord of the Rings and Total War: Game of Thrones by Creative Assembly.

I wouldn't say this is a dream adoption but I'm surprised there hasn't been any recent games based off the Riftwar books.

And yes I know there's Betrayal at Krondor door and Return to Krondor. But those games are old and that saga is pretty big so I'm surprised there hasn't been any follow-ups to make a game based on the books.

Top Bottom