• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision is making another ‘AAA Call of Duty mobile title’

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

According to a number of job listings on the company’s careers website, Activision Mobile is “a new in-house studio”.

The company says: “Our first project is a new AAA mobile title in the Call of Duty franchise and we’re looking for great talent from mobile, console and PC backgrounds passionate about their work, who share our belief in what AAA experiences on mobile can and should be.

“We’re incredibly excited to build out our teams and get to work, and invite you to join us in making something special.”

Activision Mobile has yet to be officially announced.

jaysius

Banned
suicide GIF

Get on with the times old men, mobile is growing.

I'm excited about this. It would be pretty cool if it was a full fledged COD with a campaign and all that.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The move, which was first revealed by job listings in June, was officially confirmed by company executives during Activision Blizzard’s second quarter earnings call on Tuesday.

“As we think about long-term, where we see more compelling growth on the [mobile] platform, I’d say we believe there’s an opportunity to better connect mobile to the overall Call of Duty ecosystem and we’re aggressively hiring talent to help on this journey,” said Activision president Rob Kostich.

“We’ve created our own internal mobile studio and are driving a major recruiting effort, across Beenox and Activision Shanghai to support as well, and together these teams are leading an unannounced new mobile project in the Call of Duty franchise which we’re very excited about.”

According to a number of job listings on the company’s careers website, Activision Mobile is “dedicated to developing the best AAA mobile games in the world”.

Activision says: “Our first project is a new AAA mobile title in the Call of Duty franchise and we’re looking for great talent from mobile, console and PC backgrounds passionate about their work, who share our belief in what AAA experiences on mobile can and should be.”

Last edited:

Vaelka

Get on with the times old men, mobile is growing.

I'm excited about this. It would be pretty cool if it was a full fledged COD with a campaign and all that.

My only real problem with it is how monopolized the market is.
Google and Apple are both extremely censor happy and have extremely backwards views and devs are running into problems with the content in their games that we're suppoed to be past already.
Games aren't treated as something for adults by Google and Apple they're treated as toys for kids.
And they also have this idea of '' I'll know it when I see it '' when it comes to what is and isn't okay which is really stupid.

Particularly when it comes to marketing that's where it's REALLY bad, unless the presentation of your game in the store is E for Everyone it will get tagged and removed and often times they don't even communicate about why which leads to devs going overboard with the censoring.
And it obviously affects what devs create too it's more convenient to just create it as safe as possible to avoid problems.

If mobile gaming wants to actually be taken seriously and be treated like real art and games then Google and Apple need to stop being so fucking backwards and puritanical with anything that could even possibly be seen as '' sexual '' ( and ofc it only targets womens bodies, men can still be in loincloths without getting tagged ) and violent in terms of blood and gore.

Papers, please got outright banned for a long while until there was enough backlash but that's a very rare exception and not all games will get that kinda of media attention when it gets banned.
Censorship only holds the art form back, if the game was originally on mobile it would've just been banned outright and probably never been unbanned and it would never have become a big thing.

Edit: To be clear this goes for their apps too in general but I think it's especially bad for games in certain ways.
But Google and Apple do act like self-appointed '' moral guardians '' and it's very restrictive and frustrating.

Last edited:
Top Bottom