• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision Has More Remasters in Store for 2021

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

During today’s financial conference call for investors and analysts, Activision Blizzard chief financial officer Dennis Durkin had a tease for fans of classic games.

Durkin mentioned that there will be remasters coming this year, and they will be unveiled in due course.

He did not provide further information on what these remasters could be, but Activision has already delivered multiple successful remasters and remakes over the past few years, including Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled, Spyro Reignited Trilogy, and Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2.

bender

What time is it?
THPS 3+4 boys.

2q1PyZK.gif

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Does it frustrate anyone else that people still can't distinguish between the two? THPS, Crash and Spyro are all remakes, they were built from the ground up using the originals as a design template. Mass Effect is being remastered because it's the same core game with a lick of paint, they aren't completely rebuilding Mass Effect from scratch. Really simple.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Didn't they just move all the development staff from those lovely remasters away from them to some to some other stuff? A month ago it was assumed remasters were done

Umbasaborne

Banned
So we will just keep recycling games instead of making new ones?
One of the core reasons Activision is successful is because they are so low risk. New games, new ip, unproven franchises are all risky with significant budgets. Im sure those remasters were all relatively low cost, compared to an entirely new product at least

IKSTUGA

More CoD remasters seems like the most likely scenario (MW3 or blops). Personally I'd really like if they did Guitar Hero 1-3. GH1 had pretty unforgiving HOPOs if I remember correctly.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Wonder if any switch stuff is coming ?

i understand with Covid etc. Keeping studios afloat with remasters etc. Could keep the bills being paid. Maybe after all the Covid stuff has died down the a new IP can be released.
TBH bands have been rereleasing and remastering albums for donkeys years. Why should this be any different ?

Fbh

Say what you want about Activision, but unlike EA they actually put money/effort into these remasters.
Spyro, Crash, Tony Hawk, CTR, Modern Warfare 1 (at least the campaign, didn't touch the multiplayer) were all fantastic.

So keep them coming.

Transformers WFC
Transformers FOC

Didn't even think about those.
That would be awesome.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
*think about number of remaster from SIE*
c5f.gif

Just to make you know, I won't even play Demon's Souls for free. Uncharted Collection was nice to have 3 remasters for $40 or later on PS Plus, but even with 3 games that didn't get me "excited". Those remasters are just like salads, and I don't consider them a "meal". Those from Activision are actually remasters of remasters!

And if you look at Sony they are making the best games in the industry, and they are making so many new games/IP's regularly so don't mix them up with any garbage developer you have in mind.

Last edited:

martino

Just to make you know, I won't even play Demon's Souls for free. Uncharted Collection was nice to have 3 remasters for $40 or later on PS Plus, but even with 3 games that didn't get me "excited". Those remasters are just like salads, and I don't consider them a "meal". Those from Activision are actually remasters of remasters!
the concern here still is laughable. And even more when it's you and thinking about some SIE years. don't read more into it.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
the concern here still is laughable. And even more when it's you and thinking about some SIE years. don't read more into it.

You brought SIE to the table, even Ubisoft, for example, making "good" remasters is ok, because they usually release so many games with different ideas. Same goes to Square Enix. But Capcom? They're enjoying the shit out of remakes lately, and very few games released.

So remasters and remakes should only be there when you've done your homework, making new games and those remasters as side dishes. Maybe focus more on the subject? You seem to be too concerned about how I view remasters/remakes.

stn

I saw some speculation that True Crime remasters could be on the way. I still have the originals but I'd be down to replay them. True Crime: New York City could be especially fun if they fix the framerate issues.

I'd pay full price for MW2 or World at War remasters (full game SP + MP).

Me too! COD4 remaster was so well done, well mostly. I know people were upset about the new weapons, but none of them were better than any of the original guns, and they also could have included the DLC maps. But overall I was really happy with it, still am.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Me too! COD4 remaster was so well done, well mostly. I know people were upset about the new weapons, but none of them were better than any of the original guns, and they also could have included the DLC maps. But overall I was really happy with it, still am.
Yup. I like the older school maps and pacing too.

One thing too which was great about the COD4 remaster some people might not know if they never played it was they added bot mode where you can adjust number of AI players and customized skill level of AI (mix and match difficulty if you want).

So if anyone is itching to play and the online community tanks you can still play MP modes. And the Veteran AI is tough. No doubt in a cheatful way sometimes where they can see through walls and know, but still better than zero bot mode.

Yup. I like the older school maps and pacing too.

One thing too which was great about the COD4 remaster some people might not know if they never played it was they added bot mode where you can adjust number of AI players and customized skill level of AI (mix and match difficulty if you want).

So if anyone is itching to play and the online community tanks you can still play MP modes. And the Veteran AI is tough. No doubt in a cheatful way sometimes where they can see through walls and know, but still better than zero bot mode.

The bots are surprisingly great too. I like how they also act like human players do, and seem at times very natural, some go prone before shooting, some camp etc.

Bridges

Definitely won't happen, but I'd love to see a remastered Guitar Hero Trilogy

Pack those first three games into one setlist, get as many master tracks as you can, add full band support and pretty up the graphics.

Would be amazing, but they surely wouldn't manufacture new instruments after how Guitar Hero Live went

PooBone

Asteroids HD. Make it happen.

Seriously though, Activision sucks. Get some creative folks in more leadership positions.

I have to admit, they’ve done a good job with every remaster I can think of. Except modern warfare not being on the disc, though they did print new Spyro discs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom